• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Bogus 'ISIS' bomb threat fails to stop demolition of encroaching resorts

snoop1130

Bogus 'ISIS' bomb threat fails to stop demolition of encroaching resorts

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

201609011144531-20050615160100.jpg

Interior department officers watch over the site where an illegally built structure is being demolished Thursday in Phetchabun province.

PHETCHABUN — Two officials on a mission to demolish resorts built on public land in Phetchabun province said an anonymous caller Thursday threatened that they would be attacked by the Islamic State if they did not cease operations.

The threat, which failed to materialize, followed a Department of Forestry raid on a group of resorts on the scenic Phu Thap Boek mountain as part of the military government’s effort to restore public land from unauthorized hotel operators.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/09/01/bogus-isis-bomb-threat-fails-stop-demolition/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-09-01

8 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Is that the best threats these morons can offer?

Now be fair Cuchlulainn mate I have it on good authority that they had a considerable list of threats which they whittled down to the most plausible one. Said list included a plague of zombies, a herd of velociraptors with machine guns strapped to their heads, Megaton and Shockwave from the Decepticons, a marauding gang of plundering Vikings and the Hobbit's Smaug the Dragon backed up by a posse of pissed up Dementors from Harry Potter.

2 hours ago, Sphere said:

ISIS, in the end they had to settle for the one easiest to pronounce.

It was a toss up between them, NASA, ACDC, OTOP and Korean K-Pop bands 2NE1 and 2PM.

Edited by mca

The more serious issue is the amount of so called encroachments. The perpetrators have, in many cases, spent a huge amount of money on the developments they have undertaken.

Why were they so confident that they were secure?

Yes corrupt officials comes to mind, but I think there is more than meets the eye here.

8 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

The more serious issue is the amount of so called encroachments. The perpetrators have, in many cases, spent a huge amount of money on the developments they have undertaken.

Yes corrupt officials comes to mind, but I think there is more than meets the eye here.

Many were protected by previous government.

But I love how they are reclaiming land all over the place and let those rich Hi So's watch how their illegal resorts get taken away. Now I do hope they plant trees and so on so the reclamation really has merit. 

11 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

If you open a business here, and it looks to be successful, expect at least one and probably more Thai competitors offering exactly the same service to rapidly appear in close proximity. As in next door.

10 minutes ago, halloween said:

If you open a business here, and it looks to be successful, expect at least one and probably more Thai competitors offering exactly the same service to rapidly appear in close proximity. As in next door.

Yes exactly, you see this everywhere. Drive down the highway, sticky rice here, broom vendors there. Doesn't seem to have much originality.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Correction. Governments even Junta government. Sor Kor Por in Phuket during Chuan's tenure, Surayud's illegal house in Khao Yai, Suthep's family 'Phaeng' mountain illegal land encroachment come to mind.

32 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Correction. Governments even Junta government. Sor Kor Por in Phuket during Chuan's tenure, Surayud's illegal house in Khao Yai, Suthep's family 'Phaeng' mountain illegal land encroachment come to mind.

Totally wrong.. we are talking about the encroachments here... and why they were safe. We are not talking about ancient history. (while i would have wished that Suthep would go to jail for this corrupt is corrupt)

4 hours ago, robblok said:

But I love how they are reclaiming land all over the place and let those rich Hi So's watch how their illegal resorts get taken away. Now I do hope they plant trees and so on so the reclamation really has merit. 

Yes, so much for Prayut protecting the rich Hi Sos' BS - he is a breath of fresh air in the way he is using section 44 to turf out these crooked untouchables. You didn't see Thaksin or his p(r)oxy governments do this. Oh!! I forgot, Tarit and all of his other cronies were deeply immersed in this fraudulent practice (amongst others) designed to give their prosperity a boost through abusing their position in government. He is going after the corrupt land officials as well - I'm sure that will keep them busy for a while!!

:cheesy: So now ISIS with its history of chaos and bombings and the murder and desrtuction of targets like the twin towers and all their victims over the years,are geting so depressed that they are losing the war,they are given over to knocking over a couple of resorts,in Thailand.:cheesy:

There was a telephone call telling the people that the state of ISIS would perform this blood curdling bombing.

Did the guy end his call with "Allahu Akbar Krap":D