Naughty Garbage Collectors’ Illegal Dump Near Sanpatong Hospital

webfact

Naughty Garbage Collectors’ Illegal Dump

by CityNews

153181-682x384.jpg

CityNews – Private garbage collecting businesses haves been caught leaving piles of rubbish near Sanpatong Hospital, leading to many complaints by nearby residents as well as patients and staff of the hospital.

The mayor of Yuwa District visited the site and discovered that piles of garbage collected not only from Chiang Mai, but also Lamphun, including garbage collected from a hospital in Chiang Mai, were being dumped in this area, causing not just an eye sore, but hygiene issues and offensive odours.

It was reported that this area has been a dump site for up to ten years and in spite of billboards and obstacles blocking the area from access, the problem persists.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/naughty-garbage-collectors-illegal-dump/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2016-09-02

7 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Been happening for 10 years and they have done nothing   :w00t:

They just found it !, like all these illegal resorts,and logging,they are 

always found after they been built,or all the trees are gone.

regards worgeordie

Go to any  of the islands down south. Kho Samui for one ,hidden away,off the beaches, will be tonnes and tonnes of garbage.

The Trash Heroes group,mainly foreigners  at Hua Hin(see on fb) regulary pick up over 100 kg of rubbish every week off the beaches

Thailand has never addressed the issue ,recycling is almost no existent...3rd world thinking sadly

It's a few years back that I was down the M/cycle garage that I use for maintenance and repair.

A badly dressed Thai came along on his bicycle pulling a trailer.

He started to go through the three big wheel rubbish bins they have and took certain items.

I look to the Thai's I knew and sort of shook my head, disgust/disapproval/whatever !

After the guy had moved on one of my Thai friends says, words to effect of

He drives a Benz when he's not working and his children go to best school.

john