Briton accused of stealing Thai tourist's bag from temple

snoop1130

37 minutes ago, Bender said:

absolutely, i start to believe the whole video was staged...  Maybe an answer to the nasty beating in kao san road by a thai mob.

Today they try to portray foreigner as being the bad people.

The allegedly victim is thai and know quite well about the high crime rate in his country, seriously a thai would never leave 100,000 baht alone here.

ps: i used google, and no trace of this Stephen Antonio.... very strange.

If you look at the reflection in his sunglasses you can see a whole movie production team on a lunar landscape set.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

If you look at the reflection in his sunglasses you can see a whole movie production team on a lunar landscape set.

so how they tracked him down? In this country police are completely inefficient. By example we still dont know who did the Erawan bombing. 

But they did found about his identity? .... How weird!! And why no police conference? Police love to hold conference and blaming foreigner, why they missed this opportunity?

Edited by Bender

On 9/3/2016 at 8:52 AM, robblok said:

Guess your a Brit and have to make an excuse.. 

I hate thieves, of al nationalities, nobody got hurt is a stupid excuse. Tell me where you live and ill rob you I make sure you don't get hurt. We will call it a trivial crime and be done with it. Alternatively you could also just wire money straight into my account. 

Thieves are scum and deserve prison. 

I don't know where he's from Rob but the sad fact is the Police in Britain aren't all that interested in petty theft. My neighbor there had some things stolen off his boat and the police said he should be more careful - that was it. I had a phone stolen out my car some years ago. Reported to the police - no action. The thieves sold it on and accidentally recorded themselves talking to the buyer on voice mail which I heard when checking the VM. I went to the local police and the officer looked completely lost and baffled and had no idea or interest but suggested I made an insurance claim if I hadn't already.

That conditions people to think thieving isn't really important and accept it as a normal daily risk. Like you I hate thieves, regardless of the context or circumstances. They are despicable and should be punished in accordance with the law. 

15 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

It reminds me of a young German fellow I met.  He worked as a sheetrocker (Europeans might say a plasterer). 

Plasterer, spreads wet plaster mix on top of a dry surface, then polishes the surface smooth.

Sheet Rocker (plaster boarder, drywaller), nails cut sheets of plaster onto studs, then tapes and smooths over the joints.

Two different things, although you might get a person or firm that works in both areas.

Edited by MissAndry

6 minutes ago, IsItFlab said:

Yet another example of why farangs and other foreigners are a cancer to Thai society. Git out.

And you are what

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

I don't know where he's from Rob but the sad fact is the Police in Britain aren't all that interested in petty theft. My neighbor there had some things stolen off his boat and the police said he should be more careful - that was it. I had a phone stolen out my car some years ago. Reported to the police - no action. The thieves sold it on and accidentally recorded themselves talking to the buyer on voice mail which I heard when checking the VM. I went to the local police and the officer looked completely lost and baffled and had no idea or interest but suggested I made an insurance claim if I hadn't already.

That conditions people to think thieving isn't really important and accept it as a normal daily risk. Like you I hate thieves, regardless of the context or circumstances. They are despicable and should be punished in accordance with the law. 

A friend of mine had his house broken into in England,not satisfied with theft they also vandalized his house, when he rang the police they couldn't be bothered even to come round but gave him a crime number for the insurance.

10 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

And you are what

A friend of mine had his house broken into in England,not satisfied with theft they also vandalized his house, when he rang the police they couldn't be bothered even to come round but gave him a crime number for the insurance.

I am a law-abiding foreigner living in Thailand.

51 minutes ago, IsItFlab said:

Yet another example of why farangs and other foreigners are a cancer to Thai society. Git out.

Did foreigners teach the Thais corruption, murder, cheating stealing, slavery, etc?  No.

Its people like you that are the cancer, spreading hate and discontent, yet another Matthews Hopkins, Witchfinder General. Its you that should "git out" to stop you poisoning the local people's minds with your verbal diarrhea.

On 02/09/2016 at 7:07 PM, MissAndry said:

What did the granny kickers in Hua Hin get? (suspended sentence?)

And the pickup driver who killed the Argentine cyclist? (500bht fine?)

Because this guy should get less than they did.

I mean why do some white folk hate other white folk so much and want them hung for trivial crimes?

News flash ........ nobody was harmed!

I know a nice little Wat in Lamphun that you can leave a bag with 100,000 baht in it on the seat.

I promise not to harm you in any way as I sure do not hate you!

1190627.jpg

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

Did foreigners teach the Thais corruption, murder, cheating stealing, slavery, etc?  No.

Its people like you that are the cancer, spreading hate and discontent, yet another Matthews Hopkins, Witchfinder General. Its you that should "git out" to stop you poisoning the local people's minds with your verbal diarrhea.

Love that phrase "verbal diarrhea". First heard it 30 years back. Good to know it' s still in use. The guy obviously didn't think about what he was saying. Like, all foreigners are bad, I'm a foreigner, kick me out.

11 hours ago, fey said:

Y do they always have to mention nationality in these stories?

in many more tolerant countries it's just a crime story

see my chest in my profile pic. I've been working out and it's pretty tight for my age, but I'm still dealing with some skin sag

If that is you on the right, I would not describe your chest as saggy.

16 hours ago, Hawk said:

You and many others here are just holier than thou bigots, its people like you who bring shame upon yourselves for being such narrow minded busy bodies.

You have no right to be offensive and holier than thou either, purely because I choose to dislike thieves. I don't think you know Thais very well at all.

It is amazing the sheer amount of posts regarding this incident, some of them are made by people who are NOT in the real world, others are just plain stupid.

he has been allegedly caught with fingers in the handbag so to speak. his just deserts will be forthcoming I have no doubt, the outcome may never be really known and in all fairness do we care. As long as people like him are stopped and can not do it any more that is fine with me, whether  that be a spell in Bangkok Hilton or a quick flight back to Blighty, I do not care one jot.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:00 AM, SoFarAndNear said:

I am curious. How did police find this guy? 

if you remember when you arrived they took your photo at immigration, believe it or not Thailand hisn't the backwater a few here would have you believe

If a THAI finds an item, even if it was left by an obvious person just minutes ago... it is classified as FINDER KEEPERS LOSERS WEEPERS!

Basically they found it and it now theirs...

So how come when a foreigner finds a bag and does the same, he is stealing?

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2016 at 3:27 PM, djlest said:

If a THAI finds an item, even if it was left by an obvious person just minutes ago... it is classified as FINDER KEEPERS LOSERS WEEPERS!

Basically they found it and it now theirs...

So how come when a foreigner finds a bag and does the same, he is stealing?

Are you sure that's how it is for Thais?

News to me and I've been here a fair old while...

Edited by Bluespunk

This isn't Saudi Arabia, but perhaps you'd settle for finger nail removal?

Hahahahhaha it is a joke for a Sunday posting mate ...but then again watching some of the villages fights over man / woman using helmets and machetes etc ...a hand chopped off with a trip to the hospital may seems kind

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That fat man would have a tough time in a Thai prison.  He better hope the Thai he stole from will take a payout, and I hope it is a sizable one to get charges dropped.  Then blacklist him for 5 or 10 years.  Not being able to go to Thailand will likely be a huge punishment for him