Cheap Calls Back To UK

STARGASA

Hi All,

In the UK you can buy prepaid cards for cheap calls to aisa works out about 1 or 2 pence per min,  cant seem to find the same sort of thing here in Thailand.

We do use line and Whatsapp but our friends in the UK dont have this.

Anyone come across anything ?

All info appreciated.

Rob

Sonetel for voip and call back calling formats. Call back feature uses a bridge system places two local calls  one in uk or wherever and one in thailand or wherever and pay less than 1 a minute I believe ur max 2p a minute. Also you can have a localised number from any country. Systems pretty good.

Other One I use is 00500 +44 type in number I use this on an AIS phone it's pretty cheap but nor the cheapest option but the easiest.

2 hours ago, chiang mai said:

I use 003, followed by the country code/number, don't know what the cost or even who the operator is but from my mobile to a landline is peanuts.

That "00" thing varies by provider - True 006 (I think) and DTAC something else.

My pal's having a hell of a job making Thook Dee work. It (apparently) isn't a card but a receipt from 7/11. It should be call back and then a baht a minute, but he's struggling. However, others seem to rate it. 

Those cards were fairly popular about ten years ago, many hotels frequented by foreign tourists would have a little sign at the front desk announcing them.  My guess is that now skype et al have taken over that market.

Skype-to-Skype calls via computer are free.  You can call someone's telephone with Skype, but you will have to pay.  Check out the prices on the website.

9 hours ago, bendejo said:

Those cards were fairly popular about ten years ago, many hotels frequented by foreign tourists would have a little sign at the front desk announcing them.  My guess is that now skype et al have taken over that market.

Skype-to-Skype calls via computer are free.  You can call someone's telephone with Skype, but you will have to pay.  Check out the prices on the website.

Here is an actual cost example from my last call to HMRC in the UK from Thailand on Skype. The rate on all my calls has been the same whether to mobile or landline - £0.014 per minute. You should be aware though that apparently often there is an additional connection surcharge which shows up in the total cost of the call - an extra 5p or so.

Aug 31 14:02 +441619319070 , United Kingdom Call

£0.014  25:50

£0.410      

On 02/09/2016 at 4:46 PM, CharlieH said:

00600 is 1 baht per minute with True.

Moving this to correct forum.

Yep to landlines which I call. Not Mobiles though ??  Unless somethings changed used to be 6 Baht I think ??