American woman fleeing sexual advances survives horror fall in Krabi

rooster59

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American tourist falls from cliff in Krabi, trying to flee sexual assault

KRABI:-- An American tourist fleeing attempt to molest her fell 45 metres from a cliff at Ao Railay bay in Krabi Thursday night and was seriously injured.

The tourist, identified as Ms Hannah Michel Gavios, 23, was later rescued and admitted to Krabi hospital yesterday.

A suspect said to molest her was arrested after several small bruises were found on his face and arms.

According to Krabi tourist assistance centre chief Nitipat Mongkolpradit, officials at the centre was alerted at 11.00pm on Thursday night that a tourist has fallen from the Railay cliff while she was walking back to her resort at Ao Tonsai bay.

The centre then alerted the Nopparat Thara- PP Island national park for help.

However rescue team could not locate her because of darkness and steep cliff.

It was until daybreak yesterday when the search team found her lying on a rock 15 metres down the 45-metre deep cliff.

She was taken to Krabi hospital for treatment after she was found to suffer serious injuries – spinal fracture and spinal cord injury. She could not move her two legs.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/american-tourist-falls-cliff-krabi-trying-flee-sexual-assault/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-03

4 hours ago, lahgon29 said:

Poor woman...People with broken legs feel pain...Usually lots of it. Sounds as if she has a spinal fracture...thoracic or lumbar...I'd bet London to a brick that she wasn't treated as spinal when she was extricated. I've had experiences with the medical side of the so called emergency services in Thailand...Cowboys.

...the volunteers and rescue service do their best with what limited resources that are available..

Im sure the Thai government would appreciate greatly your extensive knowledge and skills..they will even give you a letter to allow you to do volunteer work with emergency services ie fire, police, emergency etc if you already have a RV/MV etc....eeeeehaaaah.

4 minutes ago, tandor said:

...the volunteers and rescue service do their best with what limited resources that are available..

Im sure the Thai government would appreciate greatly your extensive knowledge and skills..they will even give you a letter to allow you to do volunteer work with emergency services ie fire, police, emergency etc if you already have a RV/MV etc....eeeeehaaaah.

Are you serious?

So someone with an EMT (first step of paramedic) license from a State in the US could go out on emergency calls?

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Rape or sexual assault ?

The requirements for sexual assault claims are quite broad in the US.

So you trust statistics ?

Sorry clutch my response was aimed at shawn0000. Cannot find his original post anymore

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

American tourist falls from cliff in Krabi, trying to flee sexual assault

KRABI:-- An American tourist fleeing attempt to molest her fell 45 metres from a cliff at Ao Railay bay in Krabi Thursday night and was seriously injured.

The tourist, identified as Ms Hannah Michel Gavios, 23, was later rescued and admitted to Krabi hospital yesterday.

A suspect said to molest her was arrested after several small bruises were found on his face and arms.

According to Krabi tourist assistance centre chief Nitipat Mongkolpradit, officials at the centre was alerted at 11.00pm on Thursday night that a tourist has fallen from the Railay cliff while she was walking back to her resort at Ao Tonsai bay.

The centre then alerted the Nopparat Thara- PP Island national park for help.

However rescue team could not locate her because of darkness and steep cliff.

It was until daybreak yesterday when the search team found her lying on a rock 15 metres down the 45-metre deep cliff.

She was taken to Krabi hospital for treatment after she was found to suffer serious injuries – spinal fracture and spinal cord injury. She could not move her two legs.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/american-tourist-falls-cliff-krabi-trying-flee-sexual-assault/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-03

I recommend reading the linked englishnews article. Useful information

4 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

I recommend reading the linked englishnews article. Useful information

Unfortunately there is now a choice of translations. Both linked stories started with the same facts in Thai, but the two translations have used very different English meanings. We've gone from 'sexual advances' in story 1, to 'sexual assault' in story 2. Story 2 has far poorer English, so I'm tempted to believe story 1 is more factually correct, but it's anyone's guess.

The problem being, Thai reporters and their translations have no professional standards of oversight.

8 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

Unfortunately there is now a choice of translations. Both linked stories started with the same facts in Thai, but the two translations have used very different English meanings. We've gone from 'sexual advances' in story 1, to 'sexual assault' in story 2. Story 2 has far poorer English, so I'm tempted to believe story 1 is more factually correct, but it's anyone's guess.

The problem being, Thai reporters and their translations have no professional standards of oversight.

Well it appears you were completely wrong and just made a complete fool of yourself. Poor girl I hope she's alright. Carry on...:coffee1:

4 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

If you had bothered to read the article your post would not have been necessary.

Sexual advances could be as simple as putting your hand on a shoulder. Or asking for a kiss. I wonder if she was pissed or led him on but I will wait for the full story from both sides.

3 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Sexual advances could be as simple as putting your hand on a shoulder. Or asking for a kiss. I wonder if she was pissed or led him on but I will wait for the full story from both sides.

He had scratches on his arms from where she tried to free herself.

The police already have an admission by the attacker he was aggressive.

The police have already received some details from the victim.

20 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

He had scratches on his arms from where she tried to free herself.

The police already have an admission by the attacker he was aggressive.

The police have already received some details from the victim.

Will wait for full story on both sides no grey area then ????

11 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Hopefully at some point the lady recovers and is able to say exactly what happened.  All the speculation in the world doesn't mean a thing.

She hath spoken.

How do you think they knew of her attacker?

How do you think they knew she has no feeling in her legs?

She was conscious and not ina coma.

7 hours ago, lahgon29 said:

Poor woman...People with broken legs feel pain...Usually lots of it. Sounds as if she has a spinal fracture...thoracic or lumbar...I'd bet London to a brick that she wasn't treated as spinal when she was extricated. I've had experiences with the medical side of the so called emergency services in Thailand...Cowboys.

I don't think the rescue services are cowboys. The police, though, yes. I've witnessed their (in)competence when dealing with an injured person. 

.....Savage: '...duhh..sorry...she was so beautiful...and I was missing my girlfriend....'....

...actually a lot of local guys have told me....'I really want to do it with a foreign woman'.....

...the problem is they will stop at nothing.....

Archived