Corruption situation in Thailand improves, says PACC

rooster59

Can't comment on the reliability of the information in the report, because I don't KNOW anything and don't therefore qualify.

But I am left wondering why people in high and trusted positions, who have been found guilty of a crime, are merely sacked or demoted?

Perhaps tbe greatest success in the fight against corruption will come when the guilty have to suffer prison sentences and public humiliation.

• 1 month later...

I have just tried to renew my retirement visa and have been given the run around for the last week. I went to the immigration office in Pattaya and asked them for the renewal form. Some you punk as given me the run around for the last two days asking me for all sorts of different paperwork.

I eventually broached the question why when I applied via and agent I was not asked to produced any where near the paper work that the immigration dept where asking for When I asked he said did you apply by an agent and I said yes,closed mouth embarrassed  at my question virtually admitting if you do not use an agent you do not get you visa extension that means they do not get there do not get there cut .I will  try again tomorrow if no  success I will <deleted> of back to the UK and they can suffer ay a guy that has invested over 50 million baht in Thailand.  This money is safe trust me.

On September 3, 2016 at 9:18 AM, rooster59 said:

The Office of the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) is convinced that the corruption situation in Thailand has improved in the past two years due to the current government’s graft busting efforts. 

what a joke, ... :coffee1:

Corruption has improved but crime has gone up at least here in Isaan. My father in law was robbed at gun point yesterday and my mother in law was robbed three months ago. All in all over 200k in just 3 months.

Their are tens of thousands of crimes which are not reported.