Motorists warned against using device to conceal license plates

rooster59

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

I was responding to bluesofa who said, "It would be interesting to see the video of this device in use.

Years ago in the UK, it was claimed that spraying hairspray on the number plate would prevent cameras recognising it. No idea if it was true however."

As I have said before, I do not like some of the new modifications made to TV; not showing the previous post confuses many posters who do not read the source of the comments upon which they respond.

Check Mythbusters they tried many kind of spray and other stuff to make invisible the plate but can't :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, dpeti73 said:

Check Mythbusters they tried many kind of spray and other stuff to make invisible the plate but can't :)

I am not wondering if hairspray works----read what I said. bluesofa was perplexed, he did not know, so I suggested a way for him to find out

22 hours ago, inactiveposter said:

There are many drivers that keep their license plates inside their cars so they don't get stolen!?!?! Along those lines, I see many vehicles not using lights at night to save gas!?!?!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

not to use lights at night is a very dangerous practice. in many countries headlights have to be turned on at night all the time the car is on the road.

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It would be interesting to see the video of this device in use.

Years ago in the UK, it was claimed that spraying hairspray on the number plate would prevent cameras recognising it. No idea if it was true however.

No, it didn't work but your number plates never had those unsightly 'fly-away' edge strands:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

First you have to make money to afford a traffic fine. The cops are looking for the kernels not the chaff. 

Hence the reason they will stop motorcyclist not wearing their helmet while a car without running day time lights or headlights on will pass by unnoticed.  Better to run after the 200baht fines then the serious, fatality causing drivers.

Witness this several times already...

22 hours ago, petermik said:

My car,s a Jowett Javelin............will one fit on it  :(

Yes it will, but on that particular model, the device is designed to swivel the number plate into the car and up the drivers a$$, so beware. :coffee1:

On 04/09/2016 at 2:39 PM, ezflip said:

Only 2,000baht fine??? If they can afford a 10million baht car, then 2,000 is nothing. It's the same cost as a regular fill up.

A fine this low is just an annoyance for them, not a real deterrent.

10m baht for her car?

11 hours ago, sanukjim said:

These devices are just a scam and do not work as advertised.Kind of like the army's bomb detector devices.

This one does work, no scam, a motorised bracket moves the plate out of sight.

11 hours ago, RBOP said:

What if its parked? Some of those 9999 plates are worth million's of baht.

On their own those plates are worth only the value of the aluminium used to make them.  If they get stolen the LTD will replace them, the owner doesn't lose the registration.

Edited by gdgbb

11 hours ago, smotherb said:

I was responding to bluesofa who said, "It would be interesting to see the video of this device in use.

Years ago in the UK, it was claimed that spraying hairspray on the number plate would prevent cameras recognising it. No idea if it was true however."

As I have said before, I do not like some of the new modifications made to TV; not showing the previous post confuses many posters who do not read the source of the comments upon which they respond.

You were supposed to spray it on the camera not the car,

Then you could set light to it.............just sayin.