Hey, German, leave our dogs alone! Pattaya police nab man for attacking soi dogs

webfact

Hey, German, leave our dogs alone! Pattaya police nab man for attacking soi dogs

p1.jpg

Image: Sanook

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya police were called to a Jomtien condo complex on Monday after Thai residents complained that a German man was attacking a bunch of dogs.

And they said that they had CCTV evidence of his un-Buddhist behavior.

Police arrived to see a crowd of furious Thais complaining about Harold Fritcon (transliterated from Thai language) a German national who they said had been going after dogs for no reason, reported Sanook.

The Thais said that the dogs at the Paradise Park Jomtien Residence in Soi Wat Bun Kanjanaram were loved by locals and foreigners alike who fed them and felt sorry for them.

Only Harold seemed to take offence - and he was caught chasing them with a spray of some kind on CCTV.

Police examined the footage and warned Harold about his future behavior. He accepted the warning that next time he may be jailed for animal cruelty telling cops he wouldn't mess with the dogs again.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-06

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

German "Harold Fritcon", that happens on transliteration :cheesy::cheesy:

Thais have a special gene that let's them sleep even at the worst barking and howling at night.

Maybe "Harold" does not have that :P

Edited by KhunBENQ

13 minutes ago, napoleon3 said:

The other day, my post man, with his boots on, tried to play foot-ball with my small domestic dog, just because it made a little noise (woef woef) ???? Some human's are worse than animals !!!

So, what did you do or say to the postman after he tried kicking your dog?

Perhaps the German gentleman has had similar experiences to me with "soi dogs" in Thailand.  I walk or bicycle ride most days in Chiang Mai.  In the last ten years I have had to receive medical attention on three times for dog bites.   Hardly a day goes by when I am not confronted or actually attacked.  I now carry a stout black taped pick handle to drive them off.

My fury is not at the dogs.  I am in fact dog lover.  I am annoyed with the people who own these animals and fail to care and train them properly.... or worse have abandoned them in the streets.

My particular angst is towards Thai people often the dogs owners who think it is funny and actually laugh when I am rushed or attacked.  There is nothing amusing.

I have previously urged on this forum and elsewhere for a comprehensive local or government endeavour to round up these stray dogs, humanely destroy the sick or diseased and desex the remainder.  

This is possibly a case of 'Six to one and a half dozen to the other'... 

Soi Dogs are a nuisance... it's possible that their numbers and noise gave the German guy reason to fear them or consider them a nuisance... 

Its also possible that this German guy was somewhat neurotic and over reacted considerably.

The Issue as I see it here is that these Soi dogs are considered 'pets' but no one is prepared to take responsibility when they become a nuisance or bite or attack someone.

The 'middle ground' here or being a dog lover helps no one...  the life of a soi dog without inoculations or access to vets, eating trash etc is not a great one... tough decisions need to be made and no one likes making these decisions.... 

This guy.might be the same as me, I.like to walk with.my.dog but dog So.make it a horrible time by.barking at my.dog.   I have a Great Dane so there is little chance a dog so.could hurt mine but she wants to protect me as she thinks the dogs in the Soil are trying to hurt me. Try having 70kgs of dog trying to get at the Soil dogs on the other end of the leash.   All dog sous should be rounded up same as in another country and the place made good for people to walk in freely.

11 minutes ago, Mangkorndang said:

Perhaps the German gentleman has had similar experiences to me with "soi dogs" in Thailand.  I walk or bicycle ride most days in Chiang Mai.  In the last ten years I have had to receive medical attention on three times for dog bites.   Hardly a day goes by when I am not confronted or actually attacked.  I now carry a stout black taped pick handle to drive them off.

My fury is not at the dogs.  I am in fact dog lover.  I am annoyed with the people who own these animals and fail to care and train them properly.... or worse have abandoned them in the streets.

My particular angst is towards Thai people often the dogs owners who think it is funny and actually laugh when I am rushed or attacked.  There is nothing amusing.

I have previously urged on this forum and elsewhere for a comprehensive local or government endeavour to round up these stray dogs, humanely destroy the sick or diseased and desex the remainder.  

You should be able ride your bike faster then the old and sick dogs. So this means you want to kill all the dogs ?

" And they said that they had CCTV evidence of his un-Buddhist behavior. "

I guess the workers at beach near Soi 7 Jomtien must be Christians then, as we watched them bury mother and puppies alive with bulldozer a couple of years back.....

If the Thai cared about the dogs they would take them to the vets for the diseases most of the dogs have ,they give them the food they not eat but won't put their hands in their pockets ,too many dogs here that make problems for people ,mass culling is the only way 

50 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

soi dogs are fed by the motorbike taxi guys and encouraged to attack people on foot, means everyone has to take a motorbike to go anywhere at night. I prefer the Vietnamese approach, if a dog harasses people they eat it

You have to be watchful when you go for early morning jogging. You an be attacked by 20 dogs from no where. :bah:

1 hour ago, teacherpaul said:

So, what did you do or say to the postman after he tried kicking your dog?

whyfor you kick my dog and call him <deleted> off

Edited by metisdead
8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

We have a dog in our soi.  He is probably fed by the Thai people, but he is in complete liberty and is filthy dirty.  No one worries about it.

Just near my room window is a house where they have three dogs, who when it pleases them, can bark on and off ALL night.  It just drives you nuts.  So my sympathies are with the German.

Edited by Gillyflower

Poor angstful Germans, 

don't you know that dogs smell angst (fear and panic)?  

I usually go out with my head up high, and in extreme cases, carry some small stones with me so I'm sure I can defend myself. Soi dogs smell I'm not afraid of them and don't approach me. Only in extreme cases I had to show them that I have stones to throw, and that was enough for them to recede. 

Be careful when talking about Soi dogs on this board.

I was posting on a thread recently where a dog attacked a little girl, when one animal lover decided that he didn't like me posting that it was the fault of the idiots who feed the soi dogs, he decided to start following until I blocked him from stalking me.

never  seen such stupidity as the thais "love" ( sic  joke) of dogs and the retarded unbelievable  laws to deal with this crap...put em all down, stick em on leads, keep em off the roads...............oh yeah 

8 minutes ago, Truscott said:

Be careful when talking about Soi dogs on this board.

I was posting on a thread recently where a dog attacked a little girl, when one animal lover decided that he didn't like me posting that it was the fault of the idiots who feed the soi dogs, he decided to start following until I blocked him from stalking me.

Theyre  nuts in fact Id  say many have mental health issues from the odd ones Ive met......ferk em