NLA to reduce mortality rates in Thailand

webfact

NLA to reduce mortality rates in the country

BANGKOK, 7 September 2016 (NNT) - The Medical Emergency Coordination Committee of the National Legislative Assembly (NLA) signed an agreement that would enable emergency medical services to provide a swift response to emergency situations, hoping to reduce mortality rates in Thailand. 

Speaking at a press conference, NLA Vice President Surachai Liangboonlertchai said the agreement was signed between the NLA and 24 public and private organizations in an effort to streamline emergency services. 

In addition, a special lane for emergency ambulances will be designated at hospitals in Bangkok in order to allow patients to receive medical attention more promptly. 

The first special lane is expected to be installed at Rajvithi Hospital and more lanes will be installed at 110 other hospitals in the future. Warning lights will also be set up to ensure that the lane is clear of obstructions when an ambulance arrives.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-07

How about teaching Thai drivers to make way for emergency response teams, firetrucks and the police...like the rest of the world. So many times I have seen (or heard, rather) the police using their loudspeakers telling drivers to make way. The drivers don't pull off to the sides to make way, they only try to drive faster.

The idea of making driving school mandatory (as it was mentioned in another news bit) will help reduce road fatalities, make emergency response teams get to the scene faster and reduce traffic congestion somewhat.

Just a thought...

11 minutes ago, ezflip said:

How about teaching Thai drivers to make way for emergency response teams, firetrucks and the police...like the rest of the world. So many times I have seen (or heard, rather) the police using their loudspeakers telling drivers to make way. The drivers don't pull off to the sides to make way, they only try to drive faster.

The idea of making driving school mandatory (as it was mentioned in another news bit) will help reduce road fatalities, make emergency response teams get to the scene faster and reduce traffic congestion somewhat.

Just a thought...

All depending of course on what's in the curriculum and especially how much deep and strong focus on safety and respect for other road users and especially pedestrians.

On 9/7/2016 at 10:24 AM, augustwest said:

I've seen ambulances with siren and lights flashing and not a soul pulls over! Seems their haste to be #1 outweighs everything and everyone. No compassion whatsoever. The true Buddhist way?

That is the buddhist way, the belief being, in another life the person did wrong now it is payback. Up to Buddha if they make it through the traffic and survive.  I'm being serious. That is how it has been explained to me.