Man catches flight from Thailand to Australia after swallowing 110 cocaine packets

webfact

Man catches flight after swallowing 110 cocaine packets

By Ben Westcott, CNN

(CNN)Sitting on a nine-hour flight from Thailand to Australia can be uncomfortable at the best of times.

Now imagine doing that with 110 bags of drugs hidden in your digestive tract.

A 48-year-old Australian man smuggling 1.1 kilograms (2.4 pounds) of cocaine in his stomach admitted he was carrying the drugs to police at Sydney Airport, shortly after arriving on a flight from Thailand on September 1.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/06/asia/australia-thailand-cocaine-arrest/index.html

cnn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright CNN 2016-09-07

Just now, ClutchClark said:

If he had just attempted half as many he probably would have succeeded.

Its all about moderation.

He'd probably had a guts-full by then.

On a more serious note, a guy died on a flight, I think to the UK, not too long ago, when a bag burst inside him. The description of his death sounded pretty terrible!! I think about 100 grams of cocaine, one hell of an O/D!

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

He'd probably had a guts-full by then.

On a more serious note, a guy died on a flight, I think to the UK, not too long ago, when a bag burst inside him. The description of his death sounded pretty terrible!! I think about 100 grams of cocaine, one hell of an O/D!

That is Darwinism at work. The stupid use condoms and/or poorly pack and tie the packets.

The pros use the fingers of surgical gloves tied off with  square-knotted dental floss, then turn the packed coke-ball outside-in and tie off again.

Either way, swallowing a full kilo is very stupid. Actually no matter how you it, smuggling drugs is idiotic. .

Maybe the Mule thought he would get listed in the Guinness Book of stupidest things to do if he got an undeniable confirmation of facts.

Seriously though, the Mule will be glad not to be out on the street after not delivering such quantity.

Should be grateful he made it to Oz rather than getting caught at Swampy.

At least his lodgings will be nicer.

Hang on though...

A 48-year-old Australian man smuggling 1.1 kilograms (2.4 pounds) of cocaine in his stomach admitted he was carrying the drugs to police at Sydney Airport

Well he kept his part of the bargain, surely?

Edited by Chicog

Don't know how they do it....I have trouble swallowing an aspirin.And he is lucky to have been done in Oz,rather than the other 2 that have just been done in Thailand.Have a friend who does work related visits to prisons in Australia.....not a tad on a Thai prison,and the ones in Oz complain the most,reckon they get a rough deal.Thai prisoners don't know there is anything better,they just put up with what they are dealt cos there is nothing they can do about it .

Edited by Bighel

1 hour ago, Bighel said:

Don't know how they do it....I have trouble swallowing an aspirin.And he is lucky to have been done in Oz,rather than the other 2 that have just been done in Thailand.Have a friend who does work related visits to prisons in Australia.....not a tad on a Thai prison,and the ones in Oz complain the most,reckon they get a rough deal.Thai prisoners don't know there is anything better,they just put up with what they are dealt cos there is nothing they can do about it .

"...and the ones in Oz complain the most,..."

So, that's why they're called whingeing Aussies?;)

28 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

If He gave the drugs up before actually being admitted into the country, a good lawyer will get him off with possession as he did not enter the country with the drugs. If you give yourself up before they cannot charge you with importation.

Using that same logic, how can he be charged under any Australian law if he hasn't entered the country yet.