Thailand assures no spread of Zika virus in the country

webfact

Thailand assures no spread of Zika virus in the country

Zika-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand yesterday assures international communities that the contagious Zika virus did not spread in the country, but concentrated only in certain areas where the disease could be contained with its efficient implementation of intensive measures against the virus.

The assurance was given by the Foreign Ministry’s spokesman Sek Wanna-methee yesterday following recent disclosure by the website of the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) citing Thailand as a “red alert” country with increasing or widespread Zika virus transmission to the point of having the region’s highest number of patients within the last three months.

The spokesman said Thai public health officials have detected Zika virus cases just small in numbers.

These cases were concentrated only in some areas and did not spread extensively as feared.

Besides there was neither any patients died of the virus nor any newly-born infant having unusual small head size, he said.

He also said that Thailand could detect more cases of Zika virus because of improvement of the country’s laboratory test enabling it to detect the virus by itself in the country.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailand-assures-no-spread-zika-virus-country/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-07

"These cases were concentrated only in some areas and did not spread extensively as feared."

However on Monday they reported.

"BANGKOK: -- PUBLIC health authorities have stepped up surveillance on the spread of the Zika virus after two pregnant women in Bangkok were found to have been infected."

10 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

"These cases were concentrated only in some areas and did not spread extensively as feared."

"BANGKOK: -- PUBLIC health authorities have stepped up surveillance on the spread of the Zika virus after two pregnant women in Bangkok were found to have been infected."

OMG - what is the problem then? Well, it is that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing (saying)!! A sign of dysfunctional leadership or Government? :whistling:

The Myawady Friendship Bridge, which is used by hundreds of tourists, Thai visitors and Myanmar migrant workers each day, is being fumigated daily in an effort to curb the spread of the Zika virus.

Preventive efforts against the Zika virus are being carried out by the local department of public health and the municipality.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Myawady-authorities-try-to-stop-Zika-at-the-border-30294629.html

zika_1.jpg?itok=-xeA5gEC

Twenty new patients in four provinces in Thailand have contracted the mosquito-borne Zika virus, but the situation remains under according to the public health ministry.

The new patients have prompted health authorities to keep Chiang Mai, Phetchabun, Bung Kan and Chanthaburi—where new confirmed cases were reported to the ministry over the past week—under close watch, said permanent secretary for public health.

http://m.irrawaddy.com/asia/20-new-zika-cases-found-in-thailand.html

Well it's not as if the govt would deny or downplay anything serious would they  ?    :rolleyes:

Remember when the existence of bird flu was denied in order to protect poultry exports and Newin said anyone who said the disease was here wasn't patriotic ?

3 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Zika virus 

Please be rest-assured there will be absolutely no problem if you fully understand, that these Farang mosquito's would need a work permit same as the rest of us :coffee1:

Whilst I often laugh at the almost child like innocence of the various official communications that come out from the military controlled propaganda machine (to be honest I never really took much notice of the various headlines before the take over, so can't be sure it was the same prior to the takeover), it does sometimes take my breath away at the sheer ineptitude of the various official communications channels when presenting/publishing to the outside world. Obviously lost in translation !! Maybe Bill Gates should comment on it.... that might make the spiel far more truthful and real... one can only hope and dream lol

3 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

After reading two previous posts on garbage piling up quote  where the disease could be contained with its efficient implementation of intensive measures against the virus. unquote I feel that they are really abusing the word efficient. 

Abusing the word efficient? I don't think they understand the word :facepalm:

Zika Virus Risk: Consulate Warns Pregnant Burmese Women to Avoid Chiang Mai

CHIANG MAI, Thailand — The Burmese Consulate in Chiang Mai has warned pregnant Burmese women to temporarily avoid visiting the northern Thai province after a pregnant migrant woman was infected with the mosquito-borne Zika virus this week.

On Monday, the Zika virus was detected in two pregnant women in Chiang Mai Province’s San Sai District. One is a 28-year-old Burmese migrant, eight months into her pregnancy, according to the Chiang Mai Public Health Centre.

As of Monday, 11 Zika cases have been reported in Chiang Mai.

http://m.irrawaddy.com/burma/zika-virus-risk-consulate-warns-pregnant-burmese-women-to-avoid-chiang-mai.html

The Burmese Consulate’s statement issued on Wednesday read, “Pregnant women and those planning to have a baby should temporarily suspend trips to Chiang Mai.”

said it before, and say it again...

the mosquito that bears the virus is eradicated via the slow way, of the introduction of DNA modified introduced mosquitoes.

These are introduced to interbreed with the local females.

The female original mosquitoes continue to bite,

and the offspring are DNA modified.

It is the modified offspring females biting you, the pregnant lady, that bear the birth defecting gene... NOT the Zeka virus.

Dusting:

The smoke itself, I'd never trust, to allow myself nor any family to be directly exposed to,

and to have the authorities openly recommending you wilfully allow yourself to be smoked...

CRAZY!!!

The memories of what happened to too many people that suffer for decades, courtesy of Agent Orange, DDT, Dioxon, 245T etc etc

Can you trust anything of which you are told?? especially when as in this case, it is all Spin...

You don't have to believe me for that matter -  I'm just sayin' ...

that's all

oh yeah! strange how it pops up  in these faraway, unconnected, yet basically 3rd world places..

These localities are being set up, for their populace(s) to be the Guinea Pigs

Utter incompetence, instead of alerting the Thai population of the terrible consequences of Zika and admitting that it will spread, they're playing the Mai pen arai card, don't upset the tourism trade, deny everything...... The tourism industry will collapse in a few years when there's loads of kids suffering from microcephaly walking around because the authorities aren't  admitting to the emergency now and refusing to shock the Thai population into taking serious steps to avoid being bitten by mosquitos 

54 minutes ago, tifino said:

said it before, and say it again...

the mosquito that bears the virus is eradicated via the slow way, of the introduction of DNA modified introduced mosquitoes.

These are introduced to interbreed with the local females.

The female original mosquitoes continue to bite,

and the offspring are DNA modified.

It is the modified offspring females biting you, the pregnant lady, that bear the birth defecting gene... NOT the Zeka virus.

Dusting:

The smoke itself, I'd never trust, to allow myself nor any family to be directly exposed to,

and to have the authorities openly recommending you wilfully allow yourself to be smoked...

CRAZY!!!

The memories of what happened to too many people that suffer for decades, courtesy of Agent Orange, DDT, Dioxon, 245T etc etc

Can you trust anything of which you are told?? especially when as in this case, it is all Spin...

You don't have to believe me for that matter -  I'm just sayin' ...

that's all

oh yeah! strange how it pops up  in these faraway, unconnected, yet basically 3rd world places..

These localities are being set up, for their populace(s) to be the Guinea Pigs

Introducing genes into the blood doesn't affect the DNA structure of the recipient, if it did, blood transfusions would be very interesting. Sounds like another whacky conspiracy theory.

This whole Zika thing is a complete and utter hoax used to put fear up people for the sake of control and profits from the vaccine once it becomes available.  I recommend people don't fall for the lame stream media hype. 

Google 'Zika fraud' and 'Zika Jon Rappoport'. 

Investigative reporter Jon Rappoport has followed this fraud from the beginning. 

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2016/06/07/zika-message-to-purveyors-of-medical-fraud/

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/06/07/zika-virus-threat.aspx

The spraying against mosquitoes is a far greater threat to health than the Zika virus.

Edited by sugarcane24

Sugar cane:

Thanks for the links; the first gives nothing more than opinions/conspiracy theories with absolutely no academic content and the second is a nonsense "quack" site generating cash for the owner via subscriptions and advertising. Who should we believe, a community of scientists who have dedicated much of their lives to research or a few whackos/people out to exploit whackos. I've had these kind of people banging on about Hollow Earth Theories.... it's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Edited by lemonjelly

17 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

the public health authorities should carry on unabated their efforts to contain this virus because people move about the country freely and into the country as well. and you can stop the mosquitoes  (main spreaders) from flying.