Change of Address- Retirement Visa

So, this is a simple question, I'm sure it's been answered, but the search box isn't working on here,

I got my retirement visa in March in Jomtien, and now I want to move to Bangkok.  

How soon before/during/after my move do I have to report my change of address?

Where do I report the change of address. 

Other than my rental agreement and passport, do I need anything else?

thanks,

Search does work but it is best to do the search by clicking on forum search shown here.Members list.jpg

You will need to do a change of address before you do your first 90 day report at Chaeng Wattana immigration in Bangkok.

Complete a TM28 change of address form. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm28.pdf

The may want signed copies your landlords house book and ID card attached to the rental agreement.

Copies of you passport photo page and last extension stamp.

38 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You are supposed to report the change of address within 24 hours of moving, however, they are unlikely to hold you to that timescale.

Can you find a post where somebody was fined for not doing the change of address within 24 hours?

It is something they do not enforce.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Can you find a post where somebody was fined for not doing the change of address within 24 hours?

It is something they do not enforce.

The OP asked, "How soon before/during/after my move do I have to report my change of address?" I gave him the answer and I also said, "they are unlikely to hold you to that timescale". What is wrong with that answer?

11 hours ago, elviajero said:

The OP asked, "How soon before/during/after my move do I have to report my change of address?" I gave him the answer and I also said, "they are unlikely to hold you to that timescale". What is wrong with that answer?

Why even mention the 24 hours it you know that it is not enforced.

Excuse me to the OP for raising what may be a separate issue but sort of related to his question.

At some stage in the near future i may be changing my address within the same immigration area (Pattaya). I understand about form TM 28 and the landlords ID copy and housebook copy etc.

Last time when i did my extension for retirement  i provided the Thai landlords ID and housebook copy.

My question is:

If when I am looking for a new address the prospective property is company owned or owned by a farang (ie the Landlord so to speak)will that have an adverse affect on my extension application?

I have heard the immigration want to see a Thai ID etc for the address.

Thanks any input....

Edited by homeseeker

29 minutes ago, homeseeker said:

Excuse me to the OP for raising what may be a separate issue but sort of related to his question.

At some stage in the near future i may be changing my address within the same immigration area (Pattaya). I understand about form TM 28 and the landlords ID copy and housebook copy etc.

Last time when i did my extension for retirement  i provided the Thai landlords ID and housebook copy.

My question is:

If when I am looking for a new address the prospective property is company owned or owned by a farang (ie the Landlord so to speak)will that have an adverse affect on my extension application?

I have heard the immigration want to see a Thai ID etc for the address.

Thanks any input....

If not renting from a Thai the owners passport would be accepted instead of the ID card. Proof of ownership of some kind would be needed instead of the house book.

There have been a few reports of Jomtien immigration telling people the owner needs a work permit to rent out their property and would not accept the application. My suggestion in these case  is for the owner to go through an agent to avoid problems.

On 9/7/2016 at 6:13 PM, ubonjoe said:

Search does work but it is best to do the search by clicking on forum search shown here.Members list.jpg

You will need to do a change of address before you do your first 90 day report at Chaeng Wattana immigration in Bangkok.

Complete a TM28 change of address form. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm28.pdf

The may want signed copies your landlords house book and ID card attached to the rental agreement.

Copies of you passport photo page and last extension stamp.

Ok, thanks for this.. So, should I go to Chaen Wattana, or local police?  Obviously, there's a huge difference logistically.  I've also read several accounts of foreigners showing up with the TM28 form and having them discarded or disregarded.   I understand that Thailand is always a somewhat local and elastic environment when it comes to regulations and enforcement, but I'm also VERY concerned with following any and all "necessary" procedures to keep my visa/residence safe.

So, I will contact my landlord and request the housebook (this is a document of ownership, similar to a title in the US, I assume?) and copy of ID, and proceed from there.  

Thanks,

16 minutes ago, HermosaBeachGuy said:

Ok, thanks for this.. So, should I go to Chaen Wattana, or local police?  Obviously, there's a huge difference logistically.  I've also read several accounts of foreigners showing up with the TM28 form and having them discarded or disregarded.   I understand that Thailand is always a somewhat local and elastic environment when it comes to regulations and enforcement, but I'm also VERY concerned with following any and all "necessary" procedures to keep my visa/residence safe.

So, I will contact my landlord and request the housebook (this is a document of ownership, similar to a title in the US, I assume?) and copy of ID, and proceed from there.  

Thanks,

You  need to change your address at immigration in order to do 90 day reports and your next extension there.

The house book (tambien ban) is what every Thai is registered in. The owner will shown be as head of household in it.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Why even mention the 24 hours it you know that it is not enforced.

Because it's the correct answer to his question. I was not disagreeing or criticising your advice, but I think it's only right that people have as much information as possible. 

4 hours ago, HermosaBeachGuy said:

Sorry?  I'm confused...  

I agree you are confused.  It is not possible to get a retirement OR marriage VISA but

it is possible to obtain an extension of permission to stay in the Kingdom on the

grounds of marriage to a Thai national or on the grounds of retirement, neither are

VISAs'  

It is the continued misuse of the terminology that causes you and many others confusion.

:wai: