British pension hasn't arrived today

I get a small British pension which supplements my main pension from Germany. I have the British pension sent to my Bangkok bank account, it is sent every 28 days, today,the 28th day, it hasn't arrived. I have read that if an American public holiday occurs during the week that the pension should be sent it could result in a one day delay. Has anybody else had experience of this ?

27 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

My state pension from Britain used to arrive a couple of days after the date upon which I became eligible then it began to slip and was arriving around two weeks after the relevant date then suddenly last month it was back to the former timing  !

Mine always arrived on the dot, every 28 days. The reason i am a little worried is that last month i had to fill out a proof of existence form which i did and sent off but not as usual by registered post as in their letter they asked for it not to be registered. Knowing the Thai post as i do i think this was a mistake but i presume the stamping and signing for delivery of a registered post letter was a heavy work load they could do without. On their home page they write that a public holiday in America can cause a delay and there was one on the 5th which is in the same week as the 8th. I shall have to see tomorrow, they are such a pain to contact. 

2 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

My state pension from Britain used to arrive a couple of days after the date upon which I became eligible then it began to slip and was arriving around two weeks after the relevant date then suddenly last month it was back to the former timing  !

Mine is paid into my UK bank  account every 28 days ...

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

yes i know,at the moment that is my one hope that the public holdays really do cause a one day delay but i have never experienced it, anybody?

whats an american public holiday got to do with the uk. pension provider.

mine too is also paid into a uk.bank never has it been late.

why dont you send an e-mail to them.have a look in the home country forum you will see the address there.

12 minutes ago, meatboy said:

why dont you send an e-mail to them.have a look in the home country forum you will see the address there.

The pension,for those who transfer their money to an account abroad is re-routed through America. Writing an E-MAIL to the pension people is a question of patience,they take two weeks to reply, contacting them by phone is difficult and i have received wrong info from them by phone before.

1 minute ago, malt25 said:

Just think what a nice surprise it will be when it eventually turns up.

yes, but i had planned this money for the dentist, my wife is in pain and an appointment has been made. My German pension has been spent on food and bills,especially the kids health insurance,all three of them were due on the first

The pension,for those who transfer their money to an account abroad is re-routed through America. Writing an E-MAIL to the pension people is a question of patience,they take two weeks to reply, contacting them by phone is difficult and i have received wrong info from them by phone before.

send them an e-mail,national pension center [international group] and you will recieve an automatic reply straight away.that can be a referance that you returned the life certificate. SIGNED?

1 minute ago, meatboy said:

send them an e-mail,national pension center [international group] and you will recieve an automatic reply straight away.that can be a referance that you returned the life certificate. SIGNED?

yes you get an automatic reply saying they have received your E-mail and they will reply within 10 working days, read, maybe. If they haven't received my signed life certificate ( hello Thai post) then they will want a new one sent, end of story 

yes, but i had planned this money for the dentist, my wife is in pain and an appointment has been made. My German pension has been spent on food and bills,especially the kids health insurance,all three of them were due on the first

our wives are always in pain when their money doesnt arrive.

!.  phone them on SKYPE.  I always find the Newcastle staff v helpful.

2 Have you completed and posted your LIFE STATEMENT? This appears to be new in an

effort to stop paying pensions to Gurkhas and gents like yourself and me, who may have

kicked the bucket.  No offense but They are expecting it soon.  No statement no dosh.

8 hours ago, soalbundy said:

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

all's well that ends well, the money has finally arrived,it appears that a public holiday occurring during the same week that your pension is due causes a one day delay in payment. Thanks for all the replies.

As a piece of advice, why don't you have your British pension transferred to a German bank account, which I assume you have. It is cheaper than a transfer to Thailand and then it can be transferred from there to Thailand together with your German pension, which I assume, again, is paid into your German account.

9 hours ago, meatboy said:

The Pension Office use Citibank for International payments. Citibank is a USA owned bank - hence they take USA holidays.

OP - my payment was due on Tuesday this week but did not arrive until late Wednesday afternoon.

Ironic isn't it. If there is a Sat/Sun or a public holiday on the day my private pension is paid into the bank, then it is paid the day or two days before.

Governments can't do that though can they?.

You would think there are dozens ofclerks, with quill pens, entering your bank details each month, so they can't do it on a bank holiday.

I always thought my pension was generated by a computer.

Justin is quite right about Citibabank. Any bank holiday in U.K. or U.S.A. results in a day or two delay.

The proof of life form seems to have been sent to EVERYONE this year.

A friend in the U.K. called them for me to query who could sign the form for you (interesting to see that it included publicans) was told that they'd increased the time for reply from 8 weeks to 16 from the date of the letter.

On 08/09/2016 at 3:40 PM, NongKhaiKid said:

A UK state pension is a weekly pension and sent out every four weeks, so depending on the days in a month it will change the payment date by a few days each time.

1 minute ago, coppywriter said:

A UK state pension is a weekly pension and sent out every four weeks, so depending on the days in a month it will change the payment date by a few days each time.

Yes but always on the same day of the week, in my case Tuesday (it used to be Mondays until they changed to Citibank to do the bank transfer).

11 hours ago, soalbundy said:

yes i know,at the moment that is my one hope that the public holdays really do cause a one day delay but i have never experienced it, anybody?

It happened to me this week. My pension was due in the KBank as normal on Tuesday but it shown by 4 pm so I called their complaints hotline. It is the only way I have found to end up talking to a human being.

I explained my problem and she couldn't see the money either. She promised to call me back and wandered off to the nether regions trying to find out what happened. She called back about 30 minutes later and confirmed that the money transfer had not yet arrived.

I called the State pension people in Newcastle and they confirmed that it had been sent by them on 26th August to Citibank in the UK. They send the money to Citibank in the USA who then send it on to wherever.

It finally arrived in my KBank account by 4 pm on Wednesday 7th September due to the Bank Holiday in the USA on Monday 5th September.

I wrote about this in the long running saga of UK pensions on TVF.

The problem that I have is that in a era of Swift money transfers I want to know WHY it takes from 26th August until 7th September to get into my bank account it Thailand.

It took a total of 15 days to travel almost around the world but as it is only a steam of electrons squirted down electronic beams at the speed of light, some barsteward bank has been holding it and making money on the interest. Money that I don't see or get.

They obviously don't make much on my pensions but I do have 3 of them and there are at least half a million off shore frozen pensioners getting stiffed like this every month.

I wonder if the pensions that go to people in Euroland have the same problem?

10 hours ago, meatboy said:

or ring the international pension service in the UK, you can get the number from the Uk government website, i have rung them in the past and they have been very helpful and i use Skype to ring the UK 

1 hour ago, Patanawet said:

Justin is quite right about Citibabank. Any bank holiday in U.K. or U.S.A. results in a day or two delay.

The proof of life form seems to have been sent to EVERYONE this year.

A friend in the U.K. called them for me to query who could sign the form for you (interesting to see that it included publicans) was told that they'd increased the time for reply from 8 weeks to 16 from the date of the letter.

Well it certainly hasn't been sent to dear old Gillyflower.