iPhone 7/7+

anotheruser

As long as you don't need to charge your phone and listen to wired earphones at the same time, but as another poster points out, hopefully it won't be too long before a Chinese company starts knocking out adapters that allows one to listen and charge simultaneously 

No doubt they all will make some kind of splitter.
For me I'm never that desperate to listen to anything on my phone through headphones whilst it's charging. I think what Apple needs to focus on is fast charging, for the future.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how long before someone makes a chain link to join the two earphone (airpods) together for security? Surely otherwise they'll be falling out of ears and getting lost in no time being such as small size?

Seriously, how can Apple think they can banish the 3.5mm audio jack like they did the floppy drive? Unlike some tech, the 3.5mm audio jack still serves a useful purpose.

5 hours ago, NE1 said:

I don't see apple shifting to many of the iphone 7s.

I have just watched a video made by apple , and for 70% of the time it waffles on about the camera.

Another note on the video states " This first water resistant iphone " not waterproof.

At the end of the clip it also states " Water resistant blah blah , Liquid Damage not covered under warranty "

You weren't amazed by the two minute video of Jony Ive explaining in the most pretentious way possible how they managed to make the phone black? 

8 minutes ago, maxtwo said:

If they won't sell many why are they already sold out in the uk till November.EE website is queuing.Phone line on meltdown.

It has been reported that they ramped down production in anticipation of lower demand. There will always be a waiting line for a new iPhone because they like it that way. Also the stock has probably already been adjusted to low sales expectations. 

They are good at marketing though. I felt like I really wanted one for about 30 minutes watching the event. 

It has been reported that they ramped down production in anticipation of lower demand. There will always be a waiting line for a new iPhone because they like it that way. Also the stock has probably already been adjusted to low sales expectations. 

They are good at marketing though. I felt like I really wanted one for about 30 minutes watching the event. 

If they have lowered stock how does that crash website and block phones.

On 09/09/2016 at 0:26 AM, tropo said:

The S7 had a better looking screen than the iPhone 6, which appears dull by comparison. I'd want to eyeball the new iPhone 7 before deciding on it. I wonder if they've caught up to Samsung in this area yet. Even the new waterproofing is a lower rating than the S7.

Waterproofing may or may not be a good idea if your S7's batteries catch fire and explode.

On September 8, 2016 at 7:27 AM, jadee said:

I've never bought any Apple product and never will but this whole 'no headphone jack' seems like a non-issue. Typical Apple spin just to grab headlines. The phone ships with heaphones that connect to the lightning port and a separate lightning-to-3.5mm adaptor for regular headphones, so yes, everyone can continue using their favorite headphones as per usual. The only issue would be wanting to charge and listen at the same time. 
I'm baffled as to why the wireless headphones are desirable - the wires on existing bluetooth headphones come in handy. 

I much prefer Blue-Tooth headphones at the gym.

On September 10, 2016 at 1:37 AM, kkerry said:

I already had to replace my lightning connector on a 5S and this splitter is a monstrosity and will apply even more force on a firewire plug not designed to handle it.

image.jpg

yep. I got a second hand netbook that look like new, even people have been impressed when I opened the packet . I installed a copy of window 7 and it works very well. has dual core processor, 2gb, hd and Harman speakers. really nice and fun to use.

just saved 35000 bahts from a apple netbook. I got it for 3000 bahts, did I win again? yes I did. with money saved I can now pay my rent for another 2 years and no worry.

4 hours ago, watcharacters said:

The missus announced to me that she read  Apple will no longer support the iPhone 4.     I have a 4S so my head is next on the  chopping block

Lucky you/us then….this means they will no longer collect our data….so we're free to make calls and text messages.

I don't really use apps

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:49 PM, JHolmesJr said:

They've run out of ideas….the headphone thing is a nothing idea…just to spur sales of accessories….they figured dumb millennials will never see through it…but people have cottoned on…..twitter is raging against them. You cant charge and listen to your headphones at the same time…unless you buy their overpriced air pods. They copied samsung in the waterproofing area. They've also scrapped the low GB model…minimum is now 32GB….useless for me. 

The price will be the usual exorbitant ask….35K baht or so…..

.... And Samsung copied the Sony waterproof phone.  But it's about time Apple made a waterproof phone, seeing as they've had underwater shots on their iPhone photography bill boards for two years.

On 08/09/2016 at 7:49 PM, JHolmesJr said:

They've run out of ideas….the headphone thing is a nothing idea…just to spur sales of accessories….they figured dumb millennials will never see through it…but people have cottoned on…..twitter is raging against them. You cant charge and listen to your headphones at the same time…unless you buy their overpriced air pods. They copied samsung in the waterproofing area. They've also scrapped the low GB model…minimum is now 32GB….useless for me. 

The price will be the usual exorbitant ask….35K baht or so…..

A long time ago, Apple stopped putting floppy drives in their computers. Everyone said it was a nothing idea...just to spur sales of accessories.

Then, Apple stopped putting modems in their computers. Everyone said it was a nothing idea...just to spur sales of accessories.

Then, Apple stopped putting CD/DVD drives in their computers. Everyone said it was a nothing idea...just to spur sales of accessories.

If you have bought a computer in the past year, did it have all of the above in it? Do you have a need for all of them?

Headphone jacks take up space, require the case to be thicker, and since they are mechanical, create problems when they get dirty or worn. I think it is likely that Samsung and others will soon follow suit and headphone jacks will become like floppy drives. 

If you have any doubts about the market reaction to the iPhone 7 and sales, have a look at what AAPL share prices did yesterday in the American market, which was otherwise down.

12 hours ago, watcharacters said:

The missus announced to me that she read  Apple will no longer support the iPhone 4.     I have a 4S so my head is next on the  chopping block

I thought that Apple stopped iOS upgrades for the iPhone4 a long time ago.  My iPhone 4 (in a drawer, used only as a backup phone) is stuck at iOS7.  Today Apple released iOS10.

3 hours ago, jayboy said:

So does anyone know when the Apple Thailand site will accept pre-orders for the Iphone 7?

According to this site with release dates for 80 countries, Thailand comes in at 31 November, assuming this list is accurate. That is way down the list of release dates and one of the last countries to get it.  I have heard that in the past, Apple encounters a lot of red tape with Thai regulatory approval, thus delaying release. Even Malaysia gets theirs the first week of October.

Because TIT.

According to this site with release dates for 80 countries, Thailand comes in at 31 November, assuming this list is accurate. That is way down the list of release dates and one of the last countries to get it.  I have heard that in the past, Apple encounters a lot of red tape with Thai regulatory approval, thus delaying release. Even Malaysia gets theirs the first week of October.

Because TIT.

Thanks.I must say the list seems peculiar with North Korea a relatively early market and the Isle of Man coming in at a completely diffetent time from the rest of the UK.

1 minute ago, jayboy said:

Thanks.I must say the list seems peculiar with North Korea a relatively early market and the Isle of Man coming in at a completely diffetent time from the rest of the UK.

Well, technically Isle of Man is not the UK per se, as it is a self-governing Crown dependency.

Similarly, have a look at Guam, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. They are US territories and the dates all come in differently than the States,

Well, technically Isle of Man is not the UK per se, as it is a self-governing Crown dependency.

Similarly, have a look at Guam, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. They are US territories and the dates all come in differently than the States,

True but the US territories are in distant geographical areas.The Isle of Man is cheek by jowl to the UK.And I simply dont believe Apple has a date for North Korea.

Archived