iPhone 7/7+

anotheruser

On 10/17/2016 at 7:37 PM, Lammbock said:

The pre-order process started on October 14th. Most JetBlack Models are already sold.

Hoping to pick up a matte black one on Friday. Have been using a Samsung S7 Edge but I can't bare it anymore. I loved it at first but now I just don't like anything about it. Don't really care about the color on the back just want black bezels on the front. So silver or grey would work. Heard the jet black scratches so it wouldn't be my first choice anyway. 

If Iam forced to buy one that has white bezels on the front I will go with rose gold just because. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, anotheruser said:

Hoping to pick up a matte black one on Friday. Have been using a Samsung S7 Edge but I can't bare it anymore. I loved it at first but now I just don't like anything about it. Don't really care about the color on the back just want black bezels on the front. So silver or grey would work. Heard the jet black scratches so it wouldn't be my first choice anyway. 

If Iam forced to buy one that has white bezels on the front I will go with rose gold just because. 

You can preorder online from your carrier (AIS, DTACT, TRUE) if you on a postpaid contract.

I ordered my JetBlack Plus 128GB on October 14th at 00:01am and made a down payment of 5,350 baht.

Happy to collect it this Friday at True shop.

:smile:

I am on prepaid plan. I will go to Central Rama 9 around 10 am Friday. Have  a phone already so not a disaster if I can't get one. Not sure there will be a huge rush on these but Apple has had terrible problems with production and supply has been limited in other parts of the world. 

Would wait until next years release but just can't stand what I am currently using. Last year it was pretty easy to find on launch day but color was difficult. 16GB was available everywhere. I assume 32GB will be like that this year. I would stretch and get a 256GB if I had to but can't imagine why I would ever need that much storage on a phone. 

Jet black from what I am reading has too many problems with the finish. Reports other then scratching are saying the lettering peels off with certain protectors. 30% of these phones are also defective and have to be scrapped or retooled. So it just isn't for me. 

On 16 October 2016 at 10:51 PM, anotheruser said:

Launches October 21 in Thailand it seems. The rush will be on to get the black models with 128 GB memory. Just out of curiosity, are iPhones usually cheaper in the UK than Thailand? I have a friend in England right now and may have him pick me one up there if it is cheaper. 

Did you ever find out of they are cheaper ???

as I am heading to London soon for a few days....

thanks

32gb is £599 in the UK and 26,500 here. Used to be a bit cheaper here, doubtless because of the VAT. But since the £ nosedived everything got about 20% more expensive here if you have to convert £ to buy it. Now it's cheaper to buy in the UK.

Sent using Tapatalk

Not sure what model you are comparing but the 7 plus is 819 on apple U.K. Website. Making it 35,094 baht. Here it is 35,500 so it is 416 baht cheaper in the U.K.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

iPhone 7 32gb. Either way, whichever model, the price difference isn't worth worrying about for Brits at least whereas it used to be around £100 cheaper here.

Posted using Tapatalk

I've had an iPhone 6 since it was released 2 years ago. I didn't upgrade for two reasons. Firstly, there were no vast improvements on the 7. Secondly, next year is the 10th anniversary of the iPhone and rumours abound that there will be some significant improvements. Given the 6 works just fine I'll hold off for now.

On 09/09/2016 at 7:13 AM, WorriedNoodle said:

I wonder how long before someone makes a chain link to join the two earphone (airpods) together for security? Surely otherwise they'll be falling out of ears and getting lost in no time being such as small size?

Seriously, how can Apple think they can banish the 3.5mm audio jack like they did the floppy drive? Unlike some tech, the 3.5mm audio jack still serves a useful purpose.

There is someone here who agrees with you:

https://youtu.be/wUeqNIXxjBw

On 10/31/2016 at 5:45 AM, Cynical Sailor said:

I've had an iPhone 6 since it was released 2 years ago. I didn't upgrade for two reasons. Firstly, there were no vast improvements on the 7. Secondly, next year is the 10th anniversary of the iPhone and rumours abound that there will be some significant improvements. Given the 6 works just fine I'll hold off for now.

I just upgraded from a 6 and I'm enjoying the much improved camera and increase in processing speed and RAM. Battery life is also massively improved. I can now actually use it all day and not need to charge it at work.

The biggest improvement is probably the device being waterproof although I'm still very careful with it. You could wait next year for what could be an incremental 7S update or Apple could take it up a few notches. It's like any tech you can either wait a year for something better or buy what's there today. Overall I'm quite happy with the iOS 10 and the new hardware features. 

Not liking the lack of 3.5mm jack but hey.

The Missus came home yesterday after school and showed me a video posted on Line showing  one of her classmates drenching an iPhone7 under a hose bib.   The video was only 11 seconds but he did drench it well.

He then turned to the  Missus and challenged her to do the same with her phone.

That's extreme to say the least.       I'd leave testing to testing companies.

On 11/13/2016 at 8:09 AM, Ace of Pop said:

You still got a prob on the phone side if someone uses a call back service and asks you to press 2for English,you can't there no keypad showing

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Ace, If you open the screen while your in call, there's a keypad open option that is 

shown, touch it and the keypad then opens for use. 

i don't know…seems a bit mehhhh….held one the other day and it felt cheaply built compared to previous models.

didn't like the speaker grills at the bottom either…not classy enough for the price.

wonder if this is the new normal for apple.

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

i don't know…seems a bit mehhhh….held one the other day and it felt cheaply built compared to previous models.

didn't like the speaker grills at the bottom either…not classy enough for the price.

In fairness, you're not exactly an Apple fan so nothing's going to keep you happy.  Cheaply built?  Get real.

9 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Well you did say earlier in the thread that you are "rocking an iPhone 4 and it works brilliantly" and also that you don't use apps. Given that, it doesn't really matter about speaker grills or anything else that Apple comes out with.

Just stick with your iPhone 4 and be happy. 

My 6 is still going ok so that'll do me until next year. Hopefully the iPhone 8 (I think they plan to jump to 10) will be something a bit special. If not, I'll consider a Google Pixel.

Was going to pull the trigger on a set of AirPods too until they were embarrassingly delayed (how NOT to handle a product launch) but think I'll hold off even when they do get released to see whether I jump ship or not.

Sent using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, bubba said:

Well you did say earlier in the thread that you are "rocking an iPhone 4 and it works brilliantly" and also that you don't use apps. Given that, it doesn't really matter about speaker grills or anything else that Apple comes out with.

Just stick with your iPhone 4 and be happy. 

its getting a bit long in the tooth…a new processor would be good….i think i can hold out till the next version…hope i like that one.

With respect, I know dozens of people like you, JHolmesJR.  Always talking about waiting until the next version and then nothing happens and then more talk about waiting for the following version.  I always upgrade and sell my in-hand iPhone for top dollar, otherwise I'd be like you - waiting forever - which you've been doing for years as your iPhone 4 purchase suggests.

Up to you, but you'll never have anything nice and up to date with that philosophy.

Archived