iPhone 7/7+

anotheruser

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Well make a thread about that. :) I am on a Samsung S7 edge but still curious how much they will charge for the new phone at first and what kind of demand there will be. 

They've run out of ideas….the headphone thing is a nothing idea…just to spur sales of accessories….they figured dumb millennials will never see through it…but people have cottoned on…..twitter is raging against them. You cant charge and listen to your headphones at the same time…unless you buy their overpriced air pods. They copied samsung in the waterproofing area. They've also scrapped the low GB model…minimum is now 32GB….useless for me. 

The price will be the usual exorbitant ask….35K baht or so…..

I think they ran out of time. This years model was supposed to be last years. They even half way water proofed last years. They couldn't find more room for a better battery and space for the taptic sensor for the new home button so removed the jack to get it out in time. 

The thing is they said they have the courage to embrace a wireless future... well by that measure it should have had wireless charging. That would have silenced the argument that you can't charge it and plug in headphones at the same time to listen. 

I think it is still a very nice phone but I think they simply had to do something and ran out of time.  Not having wireless charging is somewhat inexcusable.

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

They've run out of ideas….the headphone thing is a nothing idea…just to spur sales of accessories….they figured dumb millennials will never see through it…but people have cottoned on…..twitter is raging against them. You cant charge and listen to your headphones at the same time…unless you buy their overpriced air pods. They copied samsung in the waterproofing area. They've also scrapped the low GB model…minimum is now 32GB….useless for me. 

I mean the grey import MBK price the phone itself is the same for the 7 and $20 more for the 7+ officially. How much can MBK bilk people who want it now? I am guessing not as much as years past. 

8 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

I mean the grey import MBK price the phone itself is the same for the 7 and $20 more for the 7+ officially. How much can MBK bilk people who want it now? I am guessing not as much as years past. 

Theres no shortage of fools….err early adopters….who will pay any premium to get their hands on one. Id expect all the hiso thais to have one very shortly.

16 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Also you can buy any 3rd party wireless phones. There will undoubtedly be a y cord forthcoming as well. 

5 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

They claim the air pods will hold a charge "for up to 5 hours", that'll be  ½ hour after a year or so.... bloody disaster 

If you were on the engineering team and commissioning party why didn't you bring this up with Tim?

I've never bought any Apple product and never will but this whole 'no headphone jack' seems like a non-issue. Typical Apple spin just to grab headlines. The phone ships with heaphones that connect to the lightning port and a separate lightning-to-3.5mm adaptor for regular headphones, so yes, everyone can continue using their favorite headphones as per usual. The only issue would be wanting to charge and listen at the same time. 
I'm baffled as to why the wireless headphones are desirable - the wires on existing bluetooth headphones come in handy. 

Next year will see wireless charging or certainly within the next 2 years, Apple have always been avant guard, what seems like a dumb idea often turns out to be brilliant, who's to know what there got up there sleeves.

I have the 6+ its 18 months old and i will hold it for 2 more years though the upgrade in camera and processor makes the 7 appealing, last 2 iPhones have been 64gig what id like to see is Apple allow to have expandable memory as Samsung do or use to do or what ever.

No headphone jack isn't such a big deal, most of the time i listen to music in the car through my phone I'm sure they will come up with a gadget that allows charging while listening...its all about keeping the customers buying bits and pieces for the gadgets.

6 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

There's no such thing as a floating iPhone that charges through airwaves…..if not w cable you will need to carry around a charging dock….another expensive apple accessory. :whistling:

It is rumored such things are being worked on. The company Energous is  supposedly working in conjunction with Apple to achieve this. When or if it ever pans out is another story. But certainly the products are in the initial stages of R&D or further.

4 hours ago, anotheruser said:

Well make a thread about that. :) I am on a Samsung S7 edge but still curious how much they will charge for the new phone at first and what kind of demand there will be. 

Accessories are already being released to upgrade existing iPhones...

http://appleplugs.com/

They'll charge about the same as they do now for the iPhone 6s, and once it is released here the iPhone 6s will drop down in price. There's usually about 3000 baht difference between the different storage capacities.

You'll probably be able to gauge the price by the Samsung S7 Edge as both phones are usually very close in price, being major competitors.

It's pretty hard to justify upgrading an iPhone every year, spending around 30k. What do you do with a perfect iPhone 6 or 6s? Give it to another family member.

Don't you love the adverts: "this is our best phone yet", as if an upgrade would be worse LOL. 

Only water resistant - "liquid damages not covered under warranty".  

18 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

I jumped to the S7/edge when my 6 plus broke. I will probably jump back to Apple in 2017. People basically want an S7 edge with IOS. One thing was the price... 26,900 is less than 34,500. 

And you can expand storage and change batteries easily? It gets my vote. The wife insists on iPhone so I comply to keep her happy.:D It is a good phone, no argument there. We had to have her iPhone 6 replaced under warranty, so you can get a lemon.

1 minute ago, anotheruser said:

You can't change the battery on the S7 but you can expand it. Write speeds however are really slow so you have to know where to put what.

The S7 had a better looking screen than the iPhone 6, which appears dull by comparison. I'd want to eyeball the new iPhone 7 before deciding on it. I wonder if they've caught up to Samsung in this area yet. Even the new waterproofing is a lower rating than the S7.

The screen would still be dull. It isn't LED. As I said earlier their first effort last year was half baked and this should have been last years model. On the software front it is somewhat sad that the S7 is such nice hardware bit wasted because it is like a retarded child. It does do everything but nothing well. 

These Bluetooth EarPods, are they going to fall out of ones ears as easily as the regular earpods which are at least attached to the phone via the cable..... 

I don't think they are actually Bluetooth. They connect another way and once paired with one of your apple devices they automatically do so with all of your other apple devices via iCloud. I believe the small box they come in holds charge for 24 hours. A bit pricey but I may grab a set for my 6S/iPad

I don't see apple shifting to many of the iphone 7s.

I have just watched a video made by apple , and for 70% of the time it waffles on about the camera.

Another note on the video states " This first water resistant iphone " not waterproof.

At the end of the clip it also states " Water resistant blah blah , Liquid Damage not covered under warranty "

I don't see apple shifting to many of the iphone 7s.

I have just watched a video made by apple , and for 70% of the time it waffles on about the camera.

Another note on the video states " This first water resistant iphone " not waterproof.

At the end of the clip it also states " Water resistant blah blah , Liquid Damage not covered under warranty "

I'm not really bothered about cameras either but I bet they shift millions, as always!

Was going to consider switch from Android to iPhone 7, but no way buying those mandatory wireless ear buds. Got super high-end wired in-ear monitors, not downgrading to Apple buds. Stupid move on Apple, forcing people to buy proprietary buds.

Was going to consider switch from Android to iPhone 7, but no way buying those mandatory wireless ear buds. Got super high-end wired in-ear monitors, not downgrading to Apple buds. Stupid move on Apple, forcing people to buy proprietary buds.

You don't have to. You get wired ear buds the box with lightning connector plus an adaptor for 3.5mm jack. You don't have to buy the wireless ones and you can still use your favourite ear plugs by using the small adaptor supplied in the box.

1 hour ago, DMC1 said:

You don't have to. You get wired ear buds the box with lightning connector plus an adaptor for 3.5mm jack. You don't have to buy the wireless ones and you can still use your favourite ear plugs by using the small adaptor supplied in the box.

As long as you don't need to charge your phone and listen to wired earphones at the same time, but as another poster points out, hopefully it won't be too long before a Chinese company starts knocking out adapters that allows one to listen and charge simultaneously 

Archived