iPhone 7/7+

anotheruser

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So does anyone know when the Apple Thailand site will accept pre-orders for the Iphone 7?

I got the 6S last year and received it on 9th Nov in Thailand. I think I ordered it end of Oct. I'm not sure why the 7 should be later than last years release date, considering it's not a massive upgrade/redesign from the 6S.

The reason Thailand is one of the last , is , the Tele - Communications minister at the time of one of the releases , divulged to the press something Apple were trying to keep quite , new name /new look or something along those lines.

So Apple got miffed and relegated Thailand to the bottom of the list.

On September 14, 2016 at 2:10 PM, Familyonthemove said:

.... And Samsung copied the Sony waterproof phone.  But it's about time Apple made a waterproof phone, seeing as they've had underwater shots on their iPhone photography bill boards for two years.

That's the safest place for a Samsung, under water.

On 15/09/2016 at 3:03 PM, bubba said:

According to this site with release dates for 80 countries, Thailand comes in at 31 November, assuming this list is accurate. That is way down the list of release dates and one of the last countries to get it.  I have heard that in the past, Apple encounters a lot of red tape with Thai regulatory approval, thus delaying release. Even Malaysia gets theirs the first week of October.

Because TIT.

That list is not correct. For instance. Belgium October 3d...they already got it!

See below all countries which get it on Sep. 16 and Sep. 23

1.png2.png3.png

LOL I love reading people write that they are waiting for Apple to catch up to Samsung's S7 . Honestly why not buy the S7 I don't see what is so great about Apple's software. Judging by my children's i-pads I just don't see why people think its superior to Android not to mention having to deal with i-tunes, gawwd what a nasty experience that is. I'll take Android's easy drag and drop interface any day.  

LOL I love reading people write that they are waiting for Apple to catch up to Samsung's S7 . Honestly why not buy the S7 I don't see what is so great about Apple's software. Judging by my children's i-pads I just don't see why people think its superior to Android not to mention having to deal with i-tunes, gawwd what a nasty experience that is. I'll take Android's easy drag and drop interface any day.  

LOL I can't believe you've actually bought your children iPads! You sound like another clueless person who rants on about iTunes when most of us with Apple products hardly have any use for it.

As explained in another topic there are many different ways to perform file transfers. I also have an Android tablet at home but I find the user experience is far better quality on an iPad. Far smoother, no lag etc.

I walked by an Apple store in Central (Pattaya) today and it was filled with people so there are still some interest in their products. The S6 cost a whopping 35k baht (depending of storage capacity).

I also got the iPad mini2 and I must say it's a cracking little tablet, just did the ios10 update and that went pretty smoothly.

iTunes, hmm, never used it. I find some radio stations on my worldwide radio app and listen though my bluetooth JBL flip2 speaker, blues-80/90 Rock and that works perfect.

Could be tempted to get the 7+ at some stage, I don't have good experiences with Samsung products lately/before. Sammy TV just binned, less than 3 years old. Note1 went tits up after less than 2 years use, hmm. I use a 200$ UMI Super, Chinese smart phone right now and it's okay but not super, ha-ha.:lol:

On 9/14/2016 at 0:04 PM, JHolmesJr said:

Lucky you/us then….this means they will no longer collect our data….so we're free to make calls and text messages.

I don't really use apps

Once you wake up from that  dream, the reality will set in.    555   Tracking is getting more and more egregious on a nearly daily basis.    I find few sites including ThaiVisa that don't  want to have  a person sign in with FaceBook or Twitter or some other social media traking site so there can be cross tracking of the poster or customer as is often the case.  

e.g. why does Lazada ask me to use Facebook and for that matter why does ThaiVisa..?

I detest tracking by any company or site but I also live in a real world and know the toothpaste is totally and forever out of the tube.

4 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Once you wake up from that  dream, the reality will set in.    555   Tracking is getting more and more egregious on a nearly daily basis.    I find few sites including ThaiVisa that don't  want to have  a person sign in with FaceBook or Twitter or some other social media traking site so there can be cross tracking of the poster or customer as is often the case.  

e.g. why does Lazada ask me to use Facebook and for that matter why does ThaiVisa..?

I detest tracking by any company or site but I also live in a real world and know the toothpaste is totally and forever out of the tube.

"e.g. why does Lazada ask me to use Facebook and for that matter why does ThaiVisa..?"

They don't ask - it's merely an option available in case you're that way inclined.

The reason: They're keeping up with modern technology and the way things are done these days. There's no doubt a lot of people love Facebook (and Twitter). There's a reason its founder is nearly the richest person on the planet.

On 14/09/2016 at 2:10 PM, Familyonthemove said:

.... And Samsung copied the Sony waterproof phone.  But it's about time Apple made a waterproof phone, seeing as they've had underwater shots on their iPhone photography bill boards for two years.

Samsung Galaxy S7 vs. iPhone 7 waterproof test...plus a bonus: iPhone 7 torture test, with the phone being dropped from a helicopter into a field. It still worked!

https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/17/iphone-7-deep-water-test-video/

On 9/17/2016 at 1:33 PM, DMC1 said:

LOL I can't believe you've actually bought your children iPads! You sound like another clueless person who rants on about iTunes when most of us with Apple products hardly have any use for it.

As explained in another topic there are many different ways to perform file transfers. I also have an Android tablet at home but I find the user experience is far better quality on an iPad. Far smoother, no lag etc.

I had no choice but to buy them i-pads it is a requirement for the i-pad class they have at school. All I know is that when my daughter asks me to transfer a movie to her i-pad I have to use a program I purchased to first convert it then upload it. I don't have to do anything like that with my Android devices just drag the file in any format from my windows folder straight to my tablet/phone.

On 9/8/2016 at 2:42 PM, lemonjelly said:

These Bluetooth EarPods, are they going to fall out of ones ears as easily as the regular earpods which are at least attached to the phone via the cable..... 

Yes especially if they're worn while riding a motorbike.

Not a problem for anyone living in warmer climates, but anyone else might have one when the winter comes. Apparently the Home button needs skin contact to work so anyone who wears gloves in the winter time will need to remove them in order to access the iPhone 7/7+ http://www.techtimes.com/articles/178058/20160917/iphone-7-home-button-problems-winter-is-coming-and-heres-why-it-could-be-a-problem.htm

I had no choice but to buy them i-pads it is a requirement for the i-pad class they have at school. All I know is that when my daughter asks me to transfer a movie to her i-pad I have to use a program I purchased to first convert it then upload it. I don't have to do anything like that with my Android devices just drag the file in any format from my windows folder straight to my tablet/phone.

Ok you could try something like a sandisk ixpand flash drive. There are many variants, also wireless versions. This is what I use to transfer content from other sources to my iPad. It comes with a free app so you can store the new content on your iPad/iPhone or watch it directly from the flash drive while it's still plugged into it. I use mine to watch downloaded content when not able to stream wifi. They will play nearly all formats without conversion needed. I have never had to convert anything as yet. You will not need iTunes to do any of this.

Ok you could try something like a sandisk ixpand flash drive. There are many variants, also wireless versions. This is what I use to transfer content from other sources to my iPad. It comes with a free app so you can store the new content on your iPad/iPhone or watch it directly from the flash drive while it's still plugged into it. I use mine to watch downloaded content when not able to stream wifi. They will play nearly all formats without conversion needed. I have never had to convert anything as yet. You will not need iTunes to do any of this.

There are cheaper Bluetooth options than the pricey EarPods, but they aren't as trendy.  And, possibly the EarPod pairing process might be slicker.

I have Jabra Rox Bluetooth earbuds and they work fine with my iPhone SE, desktop computer, Surface 3 tablet and Samsung smart TV.  Can't recall exactly, but think I paid about B3200 for them?  They have short cord that goes behind your head, so if the buds fall out (or you take them out) they just fall forward and rest on your chest.  They also have a nifty standby feature -- the back of the buds are magnetized and you just let the magnets hold the two buds together and while thus linked, are in a low-power standby mode.

On 18/09/2016 at 11:41 PM, Xircal said:

Not a problem for anyone living in warmer climates, but anyone else might have one when the winter comes. Apparently the Home button needs skin contact to work so anyone who wears gloves in the winter time will need to remove them in order to access the iPhone 7/7+ http://www.techtimes.com/articles/178058/20160917/iphone-7-home-button-problems-winter-is-coming-and-heres-why-it-could-be-a-problem.htm

Wouldn't that be the case for doing anything with a touch screen phone?

On 9/18/2016 at 11:41 PM, Xircal said:

hey siri....

• 3 weeks later...

Launches October 21 in Thailand it seems. The rush will be on to get the black models with 128 GB memory. Just out of curiosity, are iPhones usually cheaper in the UK than Thailand? I have a friend in England right now and may have him pick me one up there if it is cheaper. 

Archived