Hotel RFID keycard energy saver switch, how to hack it, how to cheat it ?

AsianExport

Hello, i want to keep electricity ON when staring at hotels, I have no respect for millionaire hotel owners who dare to cut electricity when I am not in te room, and even worst, cut the electricity plugs except fridge (if they are not totally stupid).

I cannot find in Thailand a generic RFID card that will work at most hotels, can you help me ?

When I pay for a room 24 hours i do what I want with this room during 24 hours.

Please do not tell me to insert a credit card, it was working 20 years ago, but not anymore.

Also, in case you are also looking for an easy solution, just "forget" your keycard in the room with electricity ON, the reception can only open it for you <3 (lovely them).

But sometimes I look a bit retarded when going out 5 times and forget my keycard 5 times :-)

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Oxx said:

So, OP, you're an antisocial &lt;deleted&gt; who wants to waste electricity, push up the prices of hotel rooms for the rest of us, and you expect help?

This is what people who know nothing usually reply.

As if business owners were not cheaters enough ! ridiculous reply, next <3

Sometimes the air con is so slow to get cold you have to leave the key in just out of self defense. Also if the fridge goes out when you leave it is nonsense. Want to charge your laptop? Although all good hotels the fridge stays on. Ir onically it is the little dumps that need this strategy the most and then in turn have to pay higher electric bills.

If I can not charge devices and the fridge will not stay on when I leave, you are a failure at the hotel business and it is their problem. 

2 minutes ago, AsianExport said:

I am with Oxx on this.

Probably the most self-centered selfish thread of the day.

I have never been cheated by hoteliers, I have always paid what I expected to pay.

Your post is a great reason for hotels to start metering short-term stays.

Just now, Jip99 said:

I am with Oxx on this.

Probably the most self-centered selfish thread of the day.

I have never been cheated by hoteliers, I have always paid what I expected to pay.

Your post is a great reason for hotels to start metering short-term stays.

My post is a good reason for more people to forget keycards in rooms to teach the stupid hotel owners that they are wrong to control MY ROOM that I PAID for 24 HOURS.

2 minutes ago, AsianExport said:
8 minutes ago, Oxx said:

So, OP, you're an antisocial &lt;deleted&gt; who wants to waste electricity, push up the prices of hotel rooms for the rest of us, and you expect help?

It's also what people who know a lot reply.

You, however, are utterly clueless.

The cards are not RFID.

Extra costs on aircon push up the costs for everyone.

And the profit margins on hotels are modest.

Ridiculous reply? That would be you.

3 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

FWIW I just added an air con to one of my guestrooms not long ago. The price of the room is based on the AC being run 24/7. I am pretty sure all hotels have to base their rates this way if they run AC if they want to stay in business.

Yes, this is exactly what happens !

It's like the retarded who dare to charge for WIFI, how stupid they can be when they just need to charge 100 thb more. Actually if they are honest they do not have to charge anything, but try to find an honest business owner...

1 minute ago, AsianExport said:

Yes, this is exactly what happens !

It's like the retarded who dare to charge for WIFI, how stupid they can be when they just need to charge 100 thb more. Actually if they are honest they do not have to charge anything, but try to find an honest business owner...

It is usually the bigger expensive  hotels that charge for wifi. I think this is in part because many of them signed contracts to a provider way back when to provide wifi. This is why they have that archaic sign in page to access it. Some maybe intentionally gouging people but I think some are simply bent over the barrel by some crappy provider.

2 hours ago, AsianExport said:

My post is a good reason for more people to forget keycards in rooms to teach the stupid hotel owners that they are wrong to control MY ROOM that I PAID for 24 HOURS.

You didn't pay for unlimited electricity.

Did you even consider the environmental impact ?

For the ones that don't care about the screaming hotel keepers in this thread that charge you for 24/7 service but get to keep the 'unused' part:

- The RFID type switches are not connected to anything and can therefore not check for validity. 

- 99% just check for having any RFID chip in it.

- Basically ANY RFID card with compatible technology (there are a few different frequencies around) will work.

- The 'old' BTS cards usually work fine, Haven't checked with Rabbit cards yet.

- Any old key card from most any hotel will work

- Generic blank cards will also do the job

All of these cards work in the older 'switch' type systems which just detect a card with a micro switch.

Worst come to worst, short the two pins in the back, they will activate the relay, and the switch is low-voltage. A paperclip does wonders.

Edit: Not all of them are low voltage, some of them have the power relay included in the unit. Know what you're doing and bring a bigger paper clip.

Edited by Jdietz

For the people staying in hotels in Isaan and can't figure it out, here is a visual aid.

Otherwise, try wire cutters and make sure you have a supply of these:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Factory-direct-beautiful-simple-metal-split_60338680887.html?spm=a2700.7743248.51.64.tGU2Nh

Edited by Jdietz

Very few hotels of reasonable quality will have the fridge power off when leaving the room.

I always carry a power board when travelling. Plug into fridge socket. Plug in fridge power cord, then plug in devices that I want to charge. Camera battery, laptop & the like.

Always have the "do not disturb" sign displayed so cleaning staff stay out.

Works for me.

As someone in the business, my rooms are priced in such a way that factor in the AVERAGE stay of a guest. That includes air-con while in the room, hot water, maid service, maintainance, laundry, wear 'n' tear and other sundries. If you start having guests exploiting the AVERAGE guest stay, costs will only go up (picture the cost of 50+ air-con units on 24hrs) and those costs can only be retrieved by increasing the price the guest pays. So, to the OP,  what would you prefer, higher room rates or the ability it circumnavigate the hotels' cost saving measures (while you are not in the room) which will only lead to higher rates in the longrun? Not rocket science.

19 hours ago, AsianExport said:

I find your blanket assessment of business owners as cheaters disturbing.

That being said, I think hotels should offer at least a couple of sockets in the room that stay on so that the guest can charge devices, such as cameras, phones, laptops.

2 hours ago, South said:

As someone in the business, my rooms are priced in such a way that factor in the AVERAGE stay of a guest. That includes air-con while in the room, hot water, maid service, maintainance, laundry, wear 'n' tear and other sundries. If you start having guests exploiting the AVERAGE guest stay, costs will only go up (picture the cost of 50+ air-con units on 24hrs) and those costs can only be retrieved by increasing the price the guest pays. So, to the OP,  what would you prefer, higher room rates or the ability it circumnavigate the hotels' cost saving measures (while you are not in the room) which will only lead to higher rates in the longrun? Not rocket science.

bot interested by your problems, raise the price if you want, we will go somewhere else.

Raise the price or no customers, what do you prefer ?

If they won't give you a 2nd key,  simply forget the key in your room every time you go out. It keeps the air on and the plugs working. Problem solved. 

They will open the door for you as many times as you need. If they are a smart,  they will eventually give you another key. 

I also offer a deposit on a 2nd key if they say no at first. I've also given them 100b to give me one. This is Thailand, everything is for sale,  it's just how you go about doing it.