Tinder…farang women aren’t interested in me

JJGreen

4 minutes ago, Scotwight said:

6 days a week from 5PM to 2AM plus extras.  Wearing 4 inch spike heels and dancing minimum 5 hours per day.  Bruises from pingpong ball chasing events and falling while dancing.  Teachers have it made.  There is a reason teachers make 20,000 baht and go go dancers 50,000 - work.  

The teachers I know earn a lot more than 50k. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To the Op,  (i have never used Tinder myself), but  if you are as you describe i find it a bit odd that you do not get responses from Western women here. Surely if you went on a dating site in the UK looking for a woman 10 years younger to 4 years older you would get responses. Could the reason be that Western women here all have the same indocrinated, shallow minded opinion of any unattached man who sets foot in Thailand?

Percentage wise there is not a huge amount of western women on Tinder here...
i guess I don't tick enough boxes...
Im going to change my profile to a more professional sounding gentleman next week...see if I get any right swipes.
I mentioned before...my profile is currently tailored towards Thai women

20 minutes ago, JJGreen said:

Im going to change my profile to a more professional sounding gentleman next week...see if I get any right swipes.

Why would you do that, if you're not interested in dating farang women?

43 minutes ago, JJGreen said:

"Reformed whoremonger and defiler of young bar girls seeks meaningful relationship with a lovely western lady"

That'll do the trick. Actually, it would be quite funny if you tried this ... and you can give us some feedback on it's success, or otherwise.

1 hour ago, Scotwight said:

6 days a week from 5PM to 2AM plus extras.  Wearing 4 inch spike heels and dancing minimum 5 hours per day.  Bruises from pingpong ball chasing events and falling while dancing.  Teachers have it made.  There is a reason teachers make 20,000 baht and go go dancers 50,000 - work.  

The teachers I know work at universities and pull down a damn sight more than 50k.

"Reformed whoremonger and defiler of young bar girls seeks meaningful relationship with a lovely western lady"

That'll do the trick. Actually, it would be quite funny if you tried this ... and you can give us some feedback on it's success, or otherwise.

There has to be to least some truth to the profile...

1 hour ago, rogeroc said:

If she had to work her arse off to get a teaching degree in a UK University then she was not very bright. I don't know anybody who has failed a degree in a UK University.

Who cares who you know?

You think a law, PPE or physics degree is a walk in the park??

Shows just how out of touch you are

Just now, JJGreen said:

It's a ripping idea. Can you give it a whirl first and report the results back here?
You sound more handsome than me.

I am. But that defeats the purpose ... you want to rope them in with your intellect and honesty. What have you got to lose?

I am. But that defeats the purpose ... you want to rope them in with your intellect and honesty. What have you got to lose?

I don't want to rope thenm in at all...i just want to see if I change the feel of my profile...will any western woman be interested?
I might even change my photos.

I might just be too old and undesirable

2 minutes ago, JJGreen said:

I don't want to rope thenm in at all...i just want to see if I change the feel of my profile...will any western woman be interested?

Most western girls that I have bumped into tend to be the under 30 backpacker types ... either two to three girls or girl with boyfriend. I don't stay in Bangkok, which might be quite different. Anyway, good luck ... please update us all on your success, or otherwise. 

2 hours ago, JJGreen said:

The experiment should be interesting but i have a suspicion that the very fact you are single and living in Thailand has already condemned you to failure.

I also experimented with the reaction of Thai women on dating sites and the results were interesting especially how they manouvred their profile stated position of wanting to meet someone for love to being wanting to meet a 'provider' man.

2 hours ago, Agent Sumo said:

Who cares who you know?

You think a law, PPE or physics degree is a walk in the park??

Shows just how out of touch you are

And of course you missed the point again. the point is 'who the hell cares that you say you lived with a teacher for 3 years who waa a hard worker'. I want to know how JJ's interesting experiment re Western women in Thailand goes, i couldn't care a toss about you continually telling everyone about your conquests and past love life.

2 hours ago, JJGreen said:

When you change your profile consider that it is quite probable that it will be examined with a 'tick the box' mentality

7 hours ago, Agent Sumo said:

Nope.

No interest whatsoever in marrying a Thai woman . . . doubt I ever will have.

I realize your purpose here is to berate things Thai but you spoke with some authority about pre nups in a previous post and I was making the point that you have no personal experience with a pre nup and marriage in general so all  your information is bar stool hearsay.   

7 hours ago, Agent Sumo said:

The teachers I know work at universities and pull down a damn sight more than 50k.

The great majority of Thai teachers make around 20k.  Farangs make more in general because Farangs are treated better than Thais in general but we were talking about Thais, I believe.  What percent of Thai teachers teach at a university level?  5%.  In terms of hours and physical work load I worked a lot less when I taught at a university level than at public grade schools.  I've never had a job that was as mentally, emotionally and physically challenging as a go go dancer at a good club.  

7 hours ago, JJGreen said:

I gather that you are not serious about dating a woman.  It must be obvious to the females who read your post as it is to me.  Perhaps get someone else to write it for you and it will come across as sincere.  

33 minutes ago, Scotwight said:

I gather that you are not serious about dating a woman.  It must be obvious to the females who read your post as it is to me.  Perhaps get someone else to write it for you and it will come across as sincere.  

he's not serious and doesn't want to date a farang yet complains he can't date a farang and none are interested?  go figure that one! 

You seem sincere. What profile message would you write?

The great majority of Thai teachers make around 20k.  Farangs make more in general because Farangs are treated better than Thais in general but we were talking about Thais, I believe.  What percent of Thai teachers teach at a university level?  5%.  In terms of hours and physical work load I worked a lot less when I taught at a university level than at public grade schools.  I've never had a job that was as mentally, emotionally and physically challenging as a go go dancer at a good club.  

You worked as a go go dancer?

I realize your purpose here is to berate things Thai but you spoke with some authority about pre nups in a previous post and I was making the point that you have no personal experience with a pre nup and marriage in general so all  your information is bar stool hearsay.   

You don't need to have been married to know that prenups work any more than you need to have been in an accident to know that motor insurance works

15 minutes ago, Agent Sumo said:

You worked as a go go dancer?

I've lived with go go dancers and teachers.  The teachers got fat and the dancer didn't although they ate the same diet.  The go go dancer worked a lot more and a lot more  hours and was in much better shape and knew how to do more interesting things (from my viewpoint) than the teacher.  Compare the two videos below for an idea of what I'm speaking about.

9 minutes ago, Agent Sumo said:

You don't need to have been married to know that prenups work any more than you need to have been in an accident to know that motor insurance works

If you had ever been married you would know.  Women don't like pre nups and many won't have them and any lawyer will tell  you most are useless anyway.  Accident insurance involves one person not at all similar.   

29 minutes ago, JJGreen said:

You seem sincere. What profile message would you write?

Money for love - premium for white skin color.  That is what  you mean isn't it?  Or do you want to throw in a bonus for speaking English and perhaps a multiplier for philosophic conversations.  If you just want conversation I'd suggest a guy - sports angle.  

2 minutes ago, Scotwight said:

I've lived with go go dancers and teachers.  The teachers got fat and the dancer didn't although they ate the same diet.  The go go dancer worked a lot more and a lot more  hours and was in much better shape and knew how to do more interesting things (from my viewpoint) than the teacher.  Compare the two videos below for an idea of what I'm speaking about.

Clearly, you've nothing better to do with your time than argue ridiculous points that anyone with a grip on reality would dismiss without a moment's thought but hey, if you want to believe that a go go dance who probably chose her profession because of the "easy" money it can generate works "harder" than a teacher, have at it

Money for love - premium for white skin color.  That is what  you mean isn't it?  Or do you want to throw in a bonus for speaking English and perhaps a multiplier for philosophic conversations.  If you just want conversation I'd suggest a guy - sports angle.  

Write a few example sentences for me

l would presume most western women here (who know you are a long term expat) will assume you've been with several Thai women..

Usually that has a few implications:

1. It plays on their western female body insecurities (No further explanation needed).

2. Disdain at the assumption that you are a desperado, a pervert, or just over here for bargirls and ladyboys.

Either way, it can be argued that it works out in our favour.

Why the Op wants or needs the approval of a western chick is beyond me?

When having interaction with western chicks these days, i employ a handy trick i learnt from them early on...be the first one in conversation to bring up your partner..Thai gf.

works every time.555