Tinder…farang women aren’t interested in me

JJGreen

Been using Tinder in Thailand for a few months now. I’m not a bad looking guy, have all my hair and teeth.

I’m inundated with Thai women matching with me…but no farang women. I have taken to swiping right for every farang women I see for a month, just as a test…and still not one is interested in me.

Guys tell me Farang women can’t get a date here because guys aren’t interested in them, but I think it’s because they aren’t interested in us

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've discussed this with more than thirty farang women on Tinder. All were stunningly attractive (three were former models); seven had studied at Cambridge University and four had MBAs from Harvard.

The feedback in all cases was the same:  they didn't want to contact you as they figured they might distract you from your preparations for the soon-to-be-announced POTY contest.

They asked me to wish you good luck! 

I've discussed this with more than thirty farang women on Tinder. All were stunningly attractive (three were former models); seven had studied at Cambridge University and four had MBAs from Harvard.

The feedback in all cases was the same:  they didn't want to contact you as they figured they might distract you from your preparations for the soon-to-be-announced POTY contest.

They asked me to wish you good luck! 

I haven't yet seen a stunningly attractive one...your area must be better than mine

They are probably all lesbians.

I know any woman that is not interested in me is definitely a lesbian in denial .

I new this one who to cover it up went as far as date  other guys, marry one of them , and go on to have children!!

But I wasn't fooled.

Tinder has a reputation as a pick up app, western men in Thailand have a reputation as "here for a good (short) time". 

You dont mention what you are looking for on tinder ? Hookups or something longterm ?

If you are honest , in your profile, you may have better luck.

58 minutes ago, sirineou said:

They are probably all lesbians.

I know any woman that is not interested in me is definitely a lesbian in denial .

I new this one who to cover it up went as far as date  other guys, marry one of them , and go on to have children!!

But I wasn't fooled.

I knew one that took out a restraining order, just to pretend she wasn't interested

Not many single, young Western women move to Thailand - and those that do will only consider someone around their own age and 'attraction level'.

There are more (but still very few) older Western, single women in Thailand - but they are likely to be relatively wealthy.  i.e. they can live on their own income, without needing a man to support them.

I could go on as to the reasons why most older Western women here are not interested (I'm assuming that the OP is not young) - but let's face it, no-one is interested as it doesn't fit their beliefs about Western women :D.

Not many single, young Western women move to Thailand - and those that do will only consider someone around their own age and 'attraction level'.

There are more (but still very few) older Western, single women in Thailand - but they are likely to be relatively wealthy.  i.e. they can live on their own income, without needing a man to support them.

I could go on as to the reasons why most older Western women here are not interested (I'm assuming that the OP is not young) - but let's face it, no-one is interested as it doesn't fit their beliefs about Western women [emoji3].

Interesting my 40s...not so young

1 minute ago, JJGreen said:

Interesting my 40s...not so young

Hate to break this to you - but no, its not when it comes to 'normal' dating. :)

i.e. Young people go through numerous dating partners - its fun.

Once you're in your 40s its nowhere near as easy or simple as (quite apart from the age) the assumption is that you've either been married before (and have baggage) or, why haven't you been married previously?

Obviously a touch simplistic, but hopefully you get my point.

Hate to break this to you - but no, its not when it comes to 'normal' dating. [emoji4]

i.e. Young people go through numerous dating partners - its fun.

Once you're in your 40s its nowhere near as easy or simple as (quite apart from the age) the assumption is that you've either been married before (and have baggage) or, why haven't you been married previously?

Obviously a touch simplistic, but hopefully you get my point.

Sure...i get your points

I have no problem with thai women wanting to date though...my profile message is probably more appealing to Thai women though I haven't thought about that until now.

Which reminds me....for the western women in general; the style of photos and profile message and bio about themselves is vastly different than the Thai women. This is Tinder only...in have not looked at other Apps.

The Western women in their 40s would have the same issues you mention also...post age 35 baggage can be there...questions, etcetera .

I don't even want to date any of them...it has become more of an experiment to see if any match back with me...
Coming back to something I mentioned in the OP...maybe western women don't want to date western guys here in general...
Farang guys here harp on about how western women can't get a date here as if the guy is withholding their willingness to date...or the guy has the say so in whether they can date.
Maybe after a certain age farang guys here aren't appealing to the Western women....
Under 30s.....thats a different ballgame altogether

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

True. A man in his forties who's never had a longterm relationship or isn't a father is regarded (rightly) as an oddity. 

1 hour ago, JJGreen said:

Sure...i get your points

I have no problem with thai women wanting to date though...my profile message is probably more appealing to Thai women though I haven't thought about that until now.

Which reminds me....for the western women in general; the style of photos and profile message and bio about themselves is vastly different than the Thai women. This is Tinder only...in have not looked at other Apps.

The Western women in their 40s would have the same issues you mention also...post age 35 baggage can be there...questions, etcetera .

I don't even want to date any of them...it has become more of an experiment to see if any match back with me...
Coming back to something I mentioned in the OP...maybe western women don't want to date western guys here in general...
Farang guys here harp on about how western women can't get a date here as if the guy is withholding their willingness to date...or the guy has the say so in whether they can date.
Maybe after a certain age farang guys here aren't appealing to the Western women....
Under 30s.....thats a different ballgame altogether

Re. the emboldened part - REALLY????

You're playing a game to see whether Western women are interested in you.....

To look on the bright side - you now know they have no interest in you at all :).

Re. the emboldened part - REALLY????

You're playing a game to see whether Western women are interested in you.....

To look on the bright side - you now know they have no interest in you at all [emoji4].

Yes really...i dont want to date them. I have some good western female friends. I don't need more

I wouldn't call it a game. More of a social experiment.

I might change my profile message and see what happens

2 minutes ago, JJGreen said:

Yes really...i dont want to date them. I have some good western female friends. I don't need more

I wouldn't call it a game. More of a social experiment.

I might change my profile message and see what happens

Perhaps the western birds all sussed you out............:(