Immigration chief promises tough action against illegal workers doing Thai jobs

rooster59

Immigration chief promises tough action against illegal workers doing Thai jobs

aHR0cDovL3BlMi5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQxMi8yMDYzODQyLzcyNzg3NC0wMS5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK:-- The immigration chief has promised tough action against illegal foreign workers especially those doing jobs reserved for Thais.

Speaking via video conferencing Nathathorn Phrosunthorn announced a nationwide crackdown designed to flush out foreigners.

He cited in particular those taking Thai jobs in the restaurant business and selling wares on the move.

And he warned officials under his command to be on the lookout for illegals with fake marriage certificates and fake Thai ID running illegal businesses.

He mentioned that many of these have Thais as fronts for what are essentially foreigners doing all the work - even in management.

He warned of deportations for all those breaking the law.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-10

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should get down to Walking Street in Pattaya if he wants to see official Blind-Eye disease in action when it comes to illegal-working foreigners. Officials lounging around at tables as Russian prostitutes, dancers, door girls, promoters and waitresses work nearby, and Russian men operate virtual reality goggles in full view of these sadly afflicted people.

Or maybe it's more than just a medical problem?

I guess pole dancing is not a Thai job because there's a whole load of Russian doing it in walking street.

Not exactly "hidden" either as there's an ad on TV.

Oops, I just realised he means a crackdown on businesses that don't pay the appropriate under-the-table fees

43 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

all of the employees in junk ceylon Patong in the basement are NOT thai's and it has always been this way.  

add in the 1,000,000+ Burmese on Phuket island... why so many migrants one wonders?  Could it be the Thai's just dont want minimum wage jobs??

Funny that last time i was in phuket went in to a street eating place....i ordered my food in thai....the lad said we dont speak thai please order your food in English or Burmese..

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't think he's talking about low-paying nobody jobs.

I think he's talking more about westerners with better paying jobs.

But that's just my guess...

yes you are probably right. i used to manage a branch of a fairly large franchise. every location had work permit problems multiple times. out of many dozens of visits the visiting official was happy to leave with a cash fine. doubt this will change.

forgot to mention one occasion where a branch got raided. our company color is orange and many of our customers also wear orange t-shirts. the official started rounding up all the staff and customers dressed in orange. what a joke, was such a mess in the end the guy left without collecting any cash but not after causing quite a bit of disruption.

Edited by williamgeorgeallen