"Here's Johnny!" - uni student has man break into her hostel room after sticking his head through the door

webfact

"Here's Johnny!" - uni student has man break into her hostel room after sticking his head through the door

p2.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- In a scene reminiscent of the movie "The Shining" a drunk man smashed a hole in a female university student's door and stuck his head through to threaten her.

He then gained entry threatening the terrified occupant and demanding sex.

The incident occurred in the daylight of the morning when no security was on duty at the Rangsit hostel for students. And the girl - who posted her experience on Facebook - said that no one came to her aid at all, reported Sanook.

She described on the "Krongiizz Hy" page how she picked up a knife to defend herself then hurled vinegar and fish sauce at the assailant before fleeing from the 6th floor room.

She claimed that no one from neighboring rooms came to her aid and that motorcycle taxi guys outside just looked at her casually when she emerged in terror.

She said that the attacker was drunk or high on drugs. She added that she had never done anything to antagonize anyone at the hostel and posted the story to warn other students.

The story was shared 17,000 times causing much social media comment.

Though the poster said that she would let the law take care of the matter no mention was made in the sanook.com report as to what involvement there was from the police.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-12

No surprise this happening. I wonder if any security would have helped. I would advise her next time to throw pepper in his face. But I have some sympathy for her as she must have been frightened. Lets hope she gets some justice and he gets arrested and that she doesn't get hounded for letting the world know of this crime and the University for losing some face.

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

I am surprised they didn't get half a dozen of them together and find the guy and beat the crap out of him.

And where was the security? Was he sleeping or what? Why didn't she go see him?

My neece stays in a dorm from Mahidol but without questioning i'm sure they have security there. She is a very hot smart girl from 18 and stays there many nights alone (i guess).

1 hour ago, Thian said:

And where was the security? Was he sleeping or what? Why didn't she go see him?

My neece stays in a dorm from Mahidol but without questioning i'm sure they have security there. She is a very hot smart girl from 18 and stays there many nights alone (i guess).

Exactly where is she staying again? I missed the address the first time! :D:thumbsup::wai:

6 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Strange stickers on the inside of her door!

2 hours ago, denkiblue555 said:

possibly even stranger as it seems they are on the outside.

That is a puzzling photo.  Look at the deadbolt knob -- that wouldn't be on the outside, would it?

Could the photo have been taken from within the room looking through the damaged door to the rest of the room?

20 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

That is a puzzling photo.  Look at the deadbolt knob -- that wouldn't be on the outside, would it?

Could the photo have been taken from within the room looking through the damaged door to the rest of the room?

frankly i do not understand the story. how did the girl escape from the room?

49 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Those cardboard doors provide no security at all.

regards worgeordie

if anybody wants to force enter even a wooden door can be prised open or broken down. it is the audacity of the intruder to force his way in unless they knew each other prior to the incident.

6 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

No surprise this happening. I wonder if any security would have helped. I would advise her next time to throw pepper in his face. But I have some sympathy for her as she must have been frightened. Lets hope she gets some justice and he gets arrested and that she doesn't get hounded for letting the world know of this crime and the University for losing some face.

i would opine that the hostel should have some security guideline and provide some kind of security for the residents.