New Business

Hey Guys/gals, I am from Australia and have been looking into operating a business in Thailand for the past few years.

I run a window tint company in Australia so i know the industry well but after reading many topics in here it looks very difficult to open a new business in Thailand.

I take it i need to go in a partnership with a Thai resident and they have 51% i have 49% ownership.

I would need a work permit

and expenses would be rent on premises, utilities, tax, insurance, business permits?

I have seen many other types of businesses listed for sale, when buying an existing business with permits am i able to own a larger share than 49%?

Another opportunity i am looking into is to run a business from Australia and import products from Thailand, that should only require purchasing in Thailand therefor no sales and avoid all the red tape.

If anyone can help me out with some info that would be great!

Many Thanks in advance

Brendan

Thanks for the reply blackcab!

I do have some Thai friends and just returned from 3 weeks in Thailand. It would be an enormous amount of trust with setting up a business over there, lots of risk and expense i see.

The items i would be importing are a relatively niche market some of which are not available in Australia currently. I might look further down this path i will need to find a good freight forwarding company to deal with over there.

My wife makes high quality handmade soap via a duly registered Thai partnership. By law, selling soap in Thailand soap needs FDA approval for the facility and each separate recipe. She has 8 FDA approval numbers. But she makes many other soaps as well - example, she made 300,000 bars of birds nest soap to an exporter to sell into China.

If you're interested in importing handmade soap for sale in Aus., we can make any kind of mutually acceptable deal from fully packaged ready to sell with your label or in bulk loaves that you can cut into bars yourself then package.

With the understanding that we haven't done much work on the site, you can get a feel from checking out http://www.genushandmadesoap.com.

If interested, you can email me directly at [email protected]