car battery, any recommendation?

momtaz

Boliden is totally sealed, it has a 4mm hole at the top/side of the battery, it is supplied with a plastic elbow that fits into that hole, you fix a length of hose to it to drop under the ride so any gases are taken away. The battery area stays as clean as a whistle...:thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, mogandave said:

So a new "fit and forget" battery costs about the same as a tank of fuel and lasts about three years.

And I want to dick around with it (possibly burning holes in my clothes) because...?

Really what battery can I buy for Bt1800 to suit my vigo will last 3 years ?

More importantly what battery (at extra expense) will last 6 years and don t say GS because they don't.

Edited by Don Mega

36 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

More importantly what battery (at extra expense) will last 6 years and don t say GS because they don't.

No, GS is the 3 year battery, the 6 year battery is BS.

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 11:45 AM, Don Mega said:

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 0:23 PM, mogandave said:

No, GS is the 3 year battery, the 6 year battery is BS.

I remember in a long running thread a while ago on this TAs issues with one or more of his Boliden batteries.........(didn't his wife transport it upside down or something :sleep:

About a year ago I thought I was going to have to replace the GS battery in my truck as it seemed there was some issues creeping in. As I was investigating replacing it I went to the Mitsu dealer and they tightened something up and it has been fine ever since. It will be 5 years old next month. So it still has not lasted 6 years but we will see......:smile:

For all I know Don Mega the QC has gone down in the interim but for me the GS version I have has been fine.

21 hours ago, topt said:

I remember in a long running thread a while ago on this TAs issues with one or more of his Boliden batteries.........(didn't his wife transport it upside down or something :sleep:

About a year ago I thought I was going to have to replace the GS battery in my truck as it seemed there was some issues creeping in. As I was investigating replacing it I went to the Mitsu dealer and they tightened something up and it has been fine ever since. It will be 5 years old next month. So it still has not lasted 6 years but we will see......:smile:

For all I know Don Mega the QC has gone down in the interim but for me the GS version I have has been fine.

Yep, the Boliden lasted 50% longer with half the fluid missing...True..

17 minutes ago, mogandave said:

How much you drive has a lot to do with how long the battery will last as well.

Think it is rather how many times you crank the engine...The starter needs a huge amount of amps to start an engine, diesel high compression lumps need lots..

On 9/17/2016 at 5:24 PM, ClutchClark said:

9 years? 

That is remarkable. 

The biggest enemy of a lead acid battery is heat so to have a battery last 9 years in Thailand is great !

Do you perfoem any maintenance on the battery? Clean the outer top casing with a baking soda wash? Remove terminals and wire brush the insides and the posts to get rid of oxidation? Check all the cable attachments for a solid connection at starter and ground? 

Maybe the batteries are kept in cold storage when not in use.

I've grown accustomed to a life span of 2 - 3 years for modern batteries.

• 6 months later...

Finds good battery for cars in not tough these days. Search online and get best option, But you should knew the battery capacity which is installed in your car. You can install Tesla, Costo, AcDelco, Exide  and Amaron battery in your car.

Be not hard finds crap not hard needer. Best get a one fit in the old one. All same but one you get is bedder for work right.

Durrasell is good one to best.

Live, love, laugh

Sorry, I don't understand Australian very well.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk