Like taking candy from a baby - Thai women want a western husband so badly they are easily parted from their money

webfact

On 16/09/2016 at 7:25 AM, rkidlad said:

I've heard about this scam before. The reason why the women in this story got stung is because they're greedy, stupid and arrogant. 

Some foreigner wants to give you gold and iPhones, etc? Why? Do you really think you're so special that some stranger can't wait to just give you expensive items? 

Then some immigration official says they have him but can't release him until a fee is paid. So because you're so desperate for the free loot, you're willing to break the law and bribe a government officer? 

Sorry, I have no sympathy at all. These fraudsters are bad and will get their punishment. The women who were duped under the guise of 'love'. No! You were greedy and were taught a lesson in life. Ain't nothing in life for free. 

there is no such a  thing  as a free lunch. some of us forget it. they possibly hallucinate that they are being showered with these gifts by someone who loves them only to find out the bitter truth later on when it is too late. they still have my sympathy in the sense that they could not think right. they are not bad people, only naive and somewhat greedy.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Now why would a local girl want a farang so badly when there are so many eligible Thai men???

heard the saying that the grass looks greener on the other side. additional there is a possibility of better life if the farang decides to go back to his home country. these are the dreams of many an asian, not only Thais.

22 hours ago, Bezdomny said:

Money need to circulate. From naive farangs in hands of Thai girls and back in hands of "bad bad" farangs. :D

let the money circulate but in such a way that it was designed to be. this is cheating and depriving others of their livelihood.

He is still stalling over"getting a visa". The best I can do ( have done) is tell my wife to tell her not to part with any money without  consulting her and me.

I believe that she has told him that her friend has been married fto a farang for 12 years - and that I am surprised at his generosity.  That may have scared him off.

I'll try to get a copy of his photo off Facebook. 

Edited by JAG

21 hours ago, sahibji said:

heard the saying that the grass looks greener on the other side. additional there is a possibility of better life if the farang decides to go back to his home country. these are the dreams of many an asian, not only Thais.

There was a thai politician who made a public statement encouraging thai women to go out and seek foreign men.  He said they are rich, their governments will give you citizenship, pay you money, free health care and you and your family will be comfortable for life.  When public officials are painting rosy pictures for girls no wonder they want one.

Scammers, are the form of low life that should spend lots of time in Jail.  These two tubs of lard

have no shame, I mean just look at them, they only think of them selves and where is the next

meal, all ready!  Nigeria, The country of scammers, and Oh send money i am a Nigerian King or prince or 

some mucky muck who will turn your $1000 into $10,000,  just send me the money first and then

va va voom it is gone, just vanished, poof! We cannot see the woman perps face because she is ugly!

Well that may be the reason.  I have seen a few Thai woman who were very nice people, but as this story

says,  they can be fooled, with the promise of a Foreign husband, and that a shame!

Geezer

11 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Scammers, are the form of low life that should spend lots of time in Jail.  These two tubs of lard

have no shame, I mean just look at them, they only think of them selves and where is the next

meal, all ready!  Nigeria, The country of scammers, and Oh send money i am a Nigerian King or prince or 

some mucky muck who will turn your $1000 into $10,000,  just send me the money first and then

va va voom it is gone, just vanished, poof! We cannot see the woman perps face because she is ugly!

Well that may be the reason.  I have seen a few Thai woman who were very nice people, but as this story

says,  they can be fooled, with the promise of a Foreign husband, and that a shame!

Geezer

Has a certain cowboy been scammed in the past lol ... keep your hat on jeez :cheesy:

The missus, who virtually lives on Facebook, receives several friend requests a week from hansum men, usually claiming to be serving or ex  officers in the US or British forces. She thinks it's hilarious, but it's easy to see how women who are getting a bit desperate (to not put too fine a point on it) can get suckered in. Wife's cousin, who is a very pretty, clever, mid-thirties single woman with a successful teaching career, briefly got snagged in this. But she quickly wised up when the money entered the discussions.

On 9/17/2016 at 10:22 AM, sahibji said:

There was a thai politician who made a public statement encouraging thai women to go out and seek foreign men.  He said they are rich, their governments will give you citizenship, pay you money, free health care and you and your family will be comfortable for life.  When public officials are painting rosy pictures for girls no wonder they want one.

Edited by Thechook

20 hours ago, Thechook said:

I remember that.  But it was more a sarcastic statement, which was to suggest that the Thai government wasn't doing enough to help its citizens.

On 9/16/2016 at 7:24 PM, atyclb said:

"like taking candy from a baby" sums it up quite well given the limited intellectual development (lower iq's) lack of critical thinking and limitless greed

This statement doesn't really understand what's going on here.  I'm not necessarily sympathetic to the women (and men) who fall for these scams.  But if you look at the profile of the Thai women who are victims, you're not going to find any 21 year old hotties who get taken.  Firstly, young hotties don't have any money.  Secondly, they got too many options.  And if they're young, attractive, and wealthy, they're not going to be online looking for a foreigner. 

The Thai women who fall for these scams are older, not wealthy but have some money after working a lot of years, not particularly attractive, and basically "desperate."  They may not be stupid, but in their desperation, they're doing something stupid.  I feel sorry for these women. 

9 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

This statement doesn't really understand what's going on here.  I'm not necessarily sympathetic to the women (and men) who fall for these scams.  But if you look at the profile of the Thai women who are victims, you're not going to find any 21 year old hotties who get taken.  Firstly, young hotties don't have any money.  Secondly, they got too many options.  And if they're young, attractive, and wealthy, they're not going to be online looking for a foreigner. 

The Thai women who fall for these scams are older, not wealthy but have some money after working a lot of years, not particularly attractive, and basically "desperate."  They may not be stupid, but in their desperation, they're doing something stupid.  I feel sorry for these women. 

I don't - as it boils down to greed.

On 9/19/2016 at 2:27 PM, Berkshire said:

generally agree with you but imo some wealthy women can also be scammed due to limited thinking and greed. lets not forget a fair share of wealthy people come about from corruption, nepotism, cronyism NOT intellectual development or obtaining overseas mba's.

the type of girls at rca and or thonglor upscale places are not those found on internet dating sites agreed.

On 16/09/2016 at 6:40 AM, JAG said:

A friend of my wife is heading  (I reckon) for such a sting. She has "met" a man on Facebook.  He claims that he is a manager in the petroleum business in London and  has lots of money. He is going to come to Thailand, and buy her a house, car and farm. At the moment he is having a problem with getting a visa (?).

I was shown his Facebook photo - late 30s, well groomed, South Asian or Middle Eastern at a guess.  My wife's friend is in her early 40s, quite attractive but not a stunner.

I tried to explain my doubts but "you don't understand,  he loves her. .."

Tell her to give you the money and you will fly to London and help him get his visa.