Thai visa rejected/VOID stamp

Dear Sir,

I've applied non b visa at Thai embassy Delhi. They have checklist of 20 documents and I've submitted all 20 documents after one week I got my passport back with VOID stamp. After asking the reason they didn't explained anything and also didn't refunded the fees.

After that I've applied tourist visa with all required documents as per embassy's checklist, that also again got VOID stamp. No fees refunded.

I've phone call them and asked where I'm wrong please tell me, I'll reapply it. They said we don't know any reason.

Kindly suggest me what should I do now.

Edited by 4040sm
Spelling
  • Sad 1

There is insufficient information in your post to be able to guess at the reason why your applications were rejected. As uj says, the ones to ask about the rejections is the embassy, not VFS. However,  the embassy may or may not be willing to engage with you on this. Perhaps I am being unfair, but is there some history you omitted that could explain these rejections?

• Like 1

Hi, I am an ESL teacher previously worked in Thailand having valid non b visa and work permit. The old school has terminated me and ddn't gave the recommendation letter. When I've got a new school, I applied non b visa with all supporting documents. After that the Embassy asked me to submit additional documents -Recommendation letter from old school and bank statement. I've given the reason in written for non availability of recommendation letter and submitted bank statement. When I got back my passport, it was having void stamp.

I've visited vfs and also called to embassy both have told me that there is no reason explained for rejection. It's embassy's final decision. Even I've requested to embassy for personal appointment, there was no response.

Then I've applied for tourist visa given round trip tickets, sufficient bank statement with stamp, 20 days travel plan daywise, hotel reservation covering all days by booking.com(not paid in advanced), got passport back with void stamp.

No reason explained from both embassy and vfs.

• Sad 1

If you didn't have the bank statement and letter of recommendation the first time when you got denied that may be the reason. The second time you apply for a tourist visa but the embassy already know you going to Thailand to work do that was not the smartest move. When it comes to the fee, it's not refundable it state on the application from the embassy.

Good Luck

• Like 1

Embassy immigration sections from almost all countries that I know of DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE YOU A REASON.

They can simply say denied and that is the end of it.

The fact that the previous school terminated you with no recommendation is a HUGE STRIKE against you.You can tell them anything you want but the lack of letter says more thn you can ever explain.

One thing you did not state are you a NES in the true legal sense of the word?  That could also have something to do with it.

• Like 1

Thank you for the quick explanation and support. I'm non native and already know being a non native it's not an easy task to get the job, however I've got two new schools luckily, I've submitted bank statements but not the recommendation letter. That might be a major drawback. The old school has informed me after 3 months of teaching that students need an American, we are sorry, please don't come from Monday and return back to your home country. I've requested them to provide experience or reference letter their answer was no.

2 hours ago, 4040sm said:

Hi, I am an ESL teacher previously worked in Thailand having valid non b visa and work permit. The old school has terminated me and ddn't gave the recommendation letter. When I've got a new school, I applied non b visa with all supporting documents. After that the Embassy asked me to submit additional documents -Recommendation letter from old school and bank statement. I've given the reason in written for non availability of recommendation letter and submitted bank statement. When I got back my passport, it was having void stamp.

The embassy is asking for much more than is normally needed to get a non-b visa for teaching.

The recommendation letter is way above what is normally required. Same for the bank statement unless they were wanting it to meet the normal 20k baht financial proof.

Is there any chance you could apply at one of the consulates. Perhaps they would be friendlier.

The consulates are listed at the bottom of this page. http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

Normal requirements for the non-b visa can be found here. http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"B"-(for-Business-and.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

The posts here are good advice and,if it was me, I would be  getting a new passport if it has two negative void stamps in it. The void stamps are actually in your passport??? Sorry, I don't know having never had the misfortune of this happening.It is easy to stamp " NO " once they have seen previous refusals in a passport. You never, from any Embassy or Consulate, get your cash refunded in case of a visa not being granted. The fee is payable to get them to consider and assess it.

i would also try a smaller consulate as suggested. For myself as a UK citizen, in my days of applying for visas I found the Thai consulate in Liverpool, one of the best to apply in the country with minimal requirements compared to others.

I used to have " niggles "when I went via London main Thai Embassy and their with requests for all kinds of documents.What I am saying is the Thai Embassy policies vary from place to place, so not to be discouraged.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I guess I would beg the previous school, since that seems to be the hurdle. There must be some school colleagues there that you can enlist in helping you get that letter of recommendation, I would spend more of my energy/effort in that direction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

The posts here are good advice and,if it was me, I would be  getting a new passport if it has two negative void stamps in it. The void stamps are actually in your passport??? Sorry, I don't know having never had the misfortune of this happening.It is easy to stamp " NO " once they have seen previous refusals in a passport. You never, from any Embassy or Consulate, get your cash refunded in case of a visa not being granted. The fee is payable to get them to consider and assess it.

i would also try a smaller consulate as suggested. For myself as a UK citizen, in my days of applying for visas I found the Thai consulate in Liverpool, one of the best to apply in the country with minimal requirements compared to others.

I used to have " niggles "when I went via London main Thai Embassy and their with requests for all kinds of documents.What I am saying is the Thai Embassy policies vary from place to place, so not to be discouraged.

Good luck.

Yes bro, It's my new passport issued in 2016 having total 3 stamps only. 1. Valid Non b. 2. VOID Non b 3. VOID Tourist. I also consider to apply for a new passport now. 

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The embassy is asking for much more than is normally needed to get a non-b visa for teaching.

The recommendation letter is way above what is normally required. Same for the bank statement unless they were wanting it to meet the normal 20k baht financial proof.

Is there any chance you could apply at one of the consulates. Perhaps they would be friendlier.

The consulates are listed at the bottom of this page. http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

Normal requirements for the non-b visa can be found here. http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"B"-(for-Business-and.html

I agree with you, It's a good suggestion. There are 3 consulates nearby, next time I'd like to apply there. I've one question as I've seen the application form of all consulate is exectly same and written Thai embassy Delhi. 

I've also gone through mfa.go.th link and recommendation letter is not listed there, means it's optional. However consular have right to ask additional documents and granting of visa is the sole desicion of him.

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

In case of the the OP, how can a visa application be rejected plus declared void? Rejected would mean the visa will not be issued, and therefor can not be declared void.

I do not see where it was stated that the application was rejected . He applied and paid the fee for the visas.

You need to understand that he applied at a VFS visa center and the application was sent to the embassy for approval. The embassy apparently did the visa sticker and then stamped it void.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I do not see where it was stated that the application was rejected . He applied and paid the fee for the visas.

You need to understand that he applied at a VFS visa center and the application was sent to the embassy for approval. The embassy apparently did the visa sticker and then stamped it void.

Mis wording on my part. No embassy would issue a visa and after that stamp 'void', much easier to simply reject it and don't issue one. Let alone do the same thing twice.

Edited by stevenl

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Mis wording on my part. No embassy would issue a visa and after that stamp 'void', much easier to simply reject it and don't issue one. Let alone do the same thing twice.

I suspect the embassy does this because it is then much easier for them to see there was a previous visa denial. They will want to know this, and checking back through their records (without dates to help) is believed to be troublesome. If so, a new passport may give the OP a chance to sneaking a tourist visa.

21 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I suspect the embassy does this because it is then much easier for them to see there was a previous visa denial. They will want to know this, and checking back through their records (without dates to help) is believed to be troublesome. If so, a new passport may give the OP a chance to sneaking a tourist visa.

That would make sense, thanks.

I have never heard it happening this way, so I think there is something else happening here though.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Manishrajput said:

I have a applied for non immigrant B visa and then withdraw applications as that organization have nom positions for expat left. Passport came with void stamp.. Now i want to  apply tourist visa after 10 days of getting my passport back. 

Is there a possibility that thailand consulate at delhi can deny my tourist visa. As my purpose is tourist now. 

Edited by Manishrajput

Perhaps you could apply in a different country with a new passport. 

Why don't you fly to Cambodia or somewhere. 

1. New passport. 

2. Try to find old friend at school that might help get the letter. 

3. Apply for another country. 

Lastly, is it possible the school put in a block at immigration. 

Did you upset someone a lot? 

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

Perhaps you could apply in a different country with a new passport. 

Why don't you fly to Cambodia or somewhere. 

1. New passport. 

2. Try to find old friend at school that might help get the letter. 

3. Apply for another country. 

Lastly, is it possible the school put in a block at immigration. 

Did you upset someone a lot? 

Agree with you,

No way now will he get a visa with this kind of stamp. Also, as I have said in an earlier post, they will NOT refund application fees.

Why don't you actually apply for and go work in Siem Reap, Cambodia? A severe shortage of teachers and a better salary.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Manishrajput said:

On same passport yes surely you will get denied the tourist visa . As it will already suggest you were going for work and it got void so embassy will think you will work illegally on tourist visa also New Delhi embassy is quite strict now in granting visas.  So best thing to do is don’t apply for tourist visa now. apply for new passport than apply for visa but it will take around minimum 10 days to get new passport under normal channel. 

Or try visa on arrival if you need to go urgently . 

3 hours ago, Travelanimal said:

On same passport yes surely you will get denied the tourist visa . As it will already suggest you were going for work and it got void so embassy will think you will work illegally on tourist visa also New Delhi embassy is quite strict now in granting visas.  So best thing to do is don’t apply for tourist visa now. apply for new passport than apply for visa but it will take around minimum 10 days to get new passport under normal channel. 

Or try visa on arrival if you need to go urgently . 

That will take too Much time getting new passport and that void visa is already entered in there system, so can we apply visa from mumbai embassy will it help. 

2 hours ago, Manishrajput said:

That will take too Much time getting new passport and that void visa is already entered in there system, so can we apply visa from mumbai embassy will it help. 

Yes you can but I don’t think embassy has any system which would alert them you have been voided unless they check on your previous applications . they will go by looking at your passport and your documents . So even in New Delhi you can apply again with new passport

kolkala and Chennai you can’t but Mumbai accepts all applicants from any state 

1 hour ago, Travelanimal said:

Yes you can but I don’t think embassy has any system which would alert them you have been voided unless they check on your previous applications . they will go by looking at your passport and your documents . So even in New Delhi you can apply again with new passport

kolkala and Chennai you can’t but Mumbai accepts all applicants from any state 

As per my understanding my name and date of birth will be same in old as well as new passport, so when they enter my new application for tourist visa will my details of past submission of application and void stamp should appear in there system as all are automated. It is mentioned in embassy record. That's why i am confused what to do now..

48 minutes ago, Manishrajput said:

As per my understanding my name and date of birth will be same in old as well as new passport, so when they enter my new application for tourist visa will my details of past submission of application and void stamp should appear in there system as all are automated. It is mentioned in embassy record. That's why i am confused what to do now..

I guess it could be different in India. However, Thai consulates in most countries have no easy way of checking your history of visa applications. Indeed, even the MFA in Bangkok cannot check.

3 hours ago, Manishrajput said:

No i doubt they do the processing like this . What I know is they just go by your passport and documents only . Unless there is a need to look at your previous applications . More the entries in your passport to Thailand the more chance of being denied. 

Only immigration will be alerted by your previous entries when you arrive thailand .

since last 6 months plenty of people at New Delhi are getting voided tourist visas . Before that it was quite easier 

1 hour ago, Travelanimal said:

No i doubt they do the processing like this . What I know is they just go by your passport and documents only . Unless there is a need to look at your previous applications . More the entries in your passport to Thailand the more chance of being denied. 

Only immigration will be alerted by your previous entries when you arrive thailand .

since last 6 months plenty of people at New Delhi are getting voided tourist visas . Before that it was quite easier 

Thanks for Such valuable input.. I have applied for new passport under fast scheme and new passport will only be submitted for thai visa as soom as I get. So how much you are sure that new passport will go through and i will get tourist visa.. And thai consulate will not look at the history. As thia is last chance i get to gey thai visa.