Nine Year Old Thai Norwegian Boy Smashed by Falling Statue at Mimosa

rooster59

Nine Year Old Thai Norwegian Boy Smashed by Falling Statue at Mimosa

Report by Pattaya One News Team

Concrete-post-fell-on-9-yrs-old-boy-at-Mimosa-3-1.jpg

PATTAYA:-- At 1pm, on the afternoon of September 17, Pattaya One reporters visited the Bangkok-Pattaya hospital after receiving information that a nine-year old Thai-Norwegian boy has been seriously injured after a concrete structure fell at Mimosa, opposite the Ambassador Hotel in Na Jomtien.

The lad, Steven Yossorn Olsen, is said to be in a coma although his mother was unable to give any statement.

Reporters tried to contact Mimosa for information about the accident but staff refused to give any comment and slammed the phone down.

Na Jomtien police have said they are yet to be informed of any accident or incident.

The lad has been x-rayed and the only information available, at this time, is that it was the family’s first visit to Mimosa.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/231802/nine-year-old-thai-norwegian-boy-smashed-by-falling-statue-at-mimosa/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-09-18

Reporters tried to contact Mimosa for information about the accident but staff refused to give any comment and slammed the phone down

Can't say what I think about that as it'll just get deleted, but suffice to say hoping someone gets jailed and the kid pulls through.

23 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

Another TAT tourist safety seminar/conference/meeting at some swank venue coming up.

Flavor of the month. Get the TAT lady on the blower pronto. 

Quote Na Jomtien police have said they are yet to be informed of any accident or incident. unquote I guess they are still be waiting to be notified. The police apparently have a hard time separating fact from rumors. As this might be another stain on TAT's reputation things will move slowly and of course quietly. We do not want to rock the tourist boat. 

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Can't say what I think about that as it'll just get deleted, but suffice to say hoping someone gets jailed and the kid pulls through.

Jailed for what? It was likely an accident so why would you send anyone to jail? 

3 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Flavor of the month. Get the TAT lady on the blower pronto. 

Quote Na Jomtien police have said they are yet to be informed of any accident or incident. unquote I guess they are still be waiting to be notified. The police apparently have a hard time separating fact from rumors. As this might be another stain on TAT's reputation things will move slowly and of course quietly. We do not want to rock the tourist boat. 

I am a desperate man. I will try and see if I can get her on the blower.

5 hours ago, Ridler said:

Jailed for what? It was likely an accident so why would you send anyone to jail? 

A concrete structure fell down suddenly.

Ghosts maybe?

Or maybe the concrete structure was not or not very well attached to something else.

Which means, not a job well done.

Might there be some kind of responsibility?

The reactions from Mimosa and police might indicate something, maybe?

11 hours ago, daveAustin said:

How can one tell, unless one is present with that phone in the room, that a phone has been "slammed" down?

Was it a wireless phone that you have to fit into a charging point on a vertical stand?  How does one "slam" one of those down?

And you people just lap it up.

Edited by Enoon

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

How can one tell, unless one is present with that phone in the room, that a phone has been "slammed" down?

Was it a wireless phone that you have to fit into a charging point on a vertical stand?  How does one "slam" one of those down?

And you people just lap it up.

That was one of four good things about the old rotary dial land-lines. When someone upset you, you could actually slam the phone down. With a smart phone, you have to yell "slam" before you push the red phone icon.

Also, you always knew where the phone was, it never had a dead battery and people couldn't take them to parties and restaurants.

Why such a hurry to say"accident", no blame here?

in these incidents, just like road collisions, the concept of accident, an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury., is not appropriate, as it enables everyone to absolve rhemseves from responsibility. This is why maintenance and health and safety inspections are poorly or infrequently carried out throughout Thailand, as no one truly responsible is ever held to account. I wager that no management of Mimosa will ever face any sanctions or charges. The blame if any will fall on a lowly worker.

I have been to Mimosa a couple of times. It has always looked like an unfinished project to me , Several of the buildings looks worn-down .  I am not surprised. I hope the friends and relatives report this to Thai media in Bangkok and on social media so Mimosa get what they deserve, 

Edited by balo