Any experiences of these jackets?

DLang

My next door neighbor is a young uni lad, upgraded his Nouvo with an Nmax and wants to update his threads as well.

He bought a high-viz strap vest thing and sewn it onto his jacket, wasn't cheap either, about 800 baht, but after only 18 months it's faded to white. He does ride about 40km a day under the bright sun though.

14383403_749724605165643_1173553440_n.jp

He was asking me about these kinds of jackets with the hi-viz material.

14388826_749724601832310_342533261_n.jpg

They're popular enough nowadays,

Does the material fade the same as the strap thing? Or does it stay Hi-Viz as it's material?

Anybody have any experience? Thanks.

Scoyco are a Chinese brand .. They are kind of OK.They sponsor the Chinese riders in the Dakar.

The faux suede gloves are a little thin and wear out pretty quickly, their boots rot away after a season of rain.

Jackets are OK, the protection isn't as good as a European spec jacket, they are a bit heavier than more expensive brands and they don't flow the air as well - the cordura will fade over time, just from washing, but even good jackets does this.

I was looking to buy that jacket at one time because hi-viz jackets are hard to come by, but I found the fit a bit uncomfortable. Hi-viz cordura does attract the dirt quickly tho'

I think its a winner, it looks stylish on the website. 

Edited by recom273

The Hi vis reflective ( grey bits ) on my Scoyco jacket have lasted well,   I got the JK28  in red  to match my bike

have only washed it twice  ( left out in the sun to air after use )   I don't ride 40Kms per day much less than that

its a cheap jacket made in China  giving some skin protection at lower speeds

bought the show room display  jacket ( the only one they had in my size ) on  28/6/14 

for 2700 baht  200 baht discount

IMG_20160919_114205 (Large).jpg

Edited by johng