Certificate Of Residence: Another Change To Procedure

Greenside

Mentioned before but the actual physical  time to produce a certificate of residence is about 3 minutes, insert date,  name ,address, on template on computer press print,    mission accomplished . Watched the young guy who now works at GT4 do it.About the same time it takes a bank teller,over the counter, to put some cash in your account.

Talk about turning mole hills into mountains. Too many people applying for residence certificates ,its all our fault,oh dear.

Thank you Greenside

So why is there a 2 week wait to get one via official only channels? And factor in the waiting time for the individual applying.

Things like this could with the right technology be done entirely online.

Sent from my mobile, please forgive the autocorrect.

2 hours ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

So why is there a 2 week wait to get one via official only channels? And factor in the waiting time for the individual applying.

Things like this could with the right technology be done entirely online.

Sent from my mobile, please forgive the autocorrect.

Of course it could but you are  using logic.  There is no will to improve and no ,it seems ,any addition to staff You will get used to it !

On 2016-09-19 at 8:29 PM, khwaibah said:

That 3 year visa is not official yet and very likely will not be.

I understand the 3 year visa has been granted to the Japanese and the G7 members may be next. Who knows? The 'powers that be' are changeable at best in both countries.  However, Cambodia already offers the 1 year visa, pay a little and then go away, run your own business and don't come back until next year.  I am 64, with a house and property to live on in Thailand. My 21 year old daughter can own new property for me. My Thai language ability is poor, but functional. I have invested a 25 year involvement in understanding Thai ways of conduct. However, it seems by following these threads that a retirement visa allows only for a 90 day 'for sure'. visa. Don't misunderstand me, I would rather retire to Thailand with some assurance that I could remain with a sense of security. Cambodia is certainly not my favourite place, however if the 3 year visa to Cambodia does work out and expats do move in volume....maybe the 'next' Thailand controllers may see the profit in matching the Cambodian scheme.    ....Ken

Firstly, thank you Greenside for your initial post as it saved me the expense of going to the British Embassy in BKK.

I went to the new office on the 2nd floor at Promenada yesterday, met with the office who booked an appointment for me today and also checked my documents.

I have now had my appointment and submitted the relevant documents and given a date in 2 weeks time to collect the Residence Certificate.

The procedure is as follows:

take along to the booking counter at the new 2nd floor office, where the Assistant will check for completeness, signed copies of the following:

A) From passport

1. picture page

2.  visapage

3. TM6 Departure Card

4. Receipt of Notification of TM30

5. Last 90 day notification (not sure if required but was taken by the Officer) 

B) Passport original

C) I rent a condo so took a letter from reception stating I was a tenant, a copy of my Lease Agreement and a copy of the condo TM30 that they register online with Immigration. This seemed all important.

D) 2 photo's 6x4 with blue background.

The Immigration Assistant will then provide you with an Application Form for the Residence Certificate (NB the template that Greenside provided in his earlier post is not acceptable) and make an appointment for you to see the Officer. Current bookings from today 22 Sept are for 5 days later, so you may want to allow a week in your planning.

Complete the Application Form then return to see the Officer on the given date with all the relevant documents. The Officer basically wants to know why you want the Certificate. If all in order, you will be given a date to return and collect the Certificate, which will take 2 weeks.

Bookings for an appointment can be made between 9.00-11.00 am

• 3 months later...

I need to sell a car asap and as I understand I need a certificate of residence?  

In Pattaya I get this in 10 minutes normally before , paying 300 baht . 

But now I stay in CM for a few months and they have different rules here?   Can I pay 500 baht and get it the next day ?  

On 9/19/2016 at 4:08 PM, midzo said:

I just sold a scooter to a Thai two weeks ago.

Chiang Mai DLT required a CR from me if I didn't go in person with the buyer. 

I went. 

Needed Passport copy, visa copy, and TM-6 copy.

Let's say that the seller's non-tourist visa has expired, does that he won't be able to sell his bike anymore if he has only a one month tourist visa?

15 hours ago, balo said:

I need to sell a car asap and as I understand I need a certificate of residence?  

In Pattaya I get this in 10 minutes normally before , paying 300 baht . 

But now I stay in CM for a few months and they have different rules here?   Can I pay 500 baht and get it the next day ?  

I had to wait more than 1 month for my last certificate in Dec 2016.

1.Make an early appointment before 11 am.

2.Wait 1 month just to submit my application

3.Another 2 weeks to collect my cert.

You mean there are illegal 'cutting queue' service in Thailand? This isn't put up inside the imm. office.

Edited by xng

3 hours ago, xng said:

You mean there are illegal 'cutting queue' service in Thailand? This isn't put up inside the imm. office.

I would not call it illegal,  it's a service and you pay for it . The office is located next to immigration on the outside of the building.  There is no sign in the small office so you just walk in and bring your application and 500 baht with you. 

Today there were 300 people lining up in a queue , if I didn't know about this service I would probably have to wait 2-3 hours just to give them my documents.   

Now I can pick up the certificate tomorrow , it took me 5 minutes today and will take me 5 minutes tomorrow.

Edited by balo

And what's the bet that the 500 baht fee doesn't stay with the guy in the outside office?

Nice little earner for someone....that is until there are too many complaints and CM immigration close off that facility again!

4 hours ago, balo said:

I would not call it illegal,  it's a service and you pay for it . The office is located next to immigration on the outside of the building.  There is no sign in the small office so you just walk in and bring your application and 500 baht with you. 

Today there were 300 people lining up in a queue , if I didn't know about this service I would probably have to wait 2-3 hours just to give them my documents.   

Now I can pick up the certificate tomorrow , it took me 5 minutes today and will take me 5 minutes tomorrow.

iIIegal in the sense that the money paid don't go to government coffers but to certain people. We can guess who those people are.

Legally, all people should follow the first come, first serve principle. Or if you need express service, you pay to the government and the government advertise such a service. And a proper government receipt is issued for express service.

Agents are not supposed to jump queue, they can act for their clients to avoid all the queuing hassle but they still have to follow the 'first come, first serve' principle.

Am I making sense here?

Edited by xng

Illegal or not , it saved me from lots of troubles.  At Jomtien immigration there is also a fee , 300 baht I paid last year, could pick up the same day .  Inside the official office.  Did I get a receipt ? Yes.