Netflix and Iflix

racyrick

Netflix doesn't like Thailand.  They think Thais speak English and will be satisfied with a small percentage of the good content they offer in the USA.

Thais are not as dumb as Netflix thinks and they all don't have VPNs good enough to spoof Netflix yet so Netflix will not be profitable in Thailand until they wake up and give Thai people the same choices as Americans for the same amont of money.  

Not sure how up to date this site is? 

https://www.finder.com/th/netflix-tv-shows

https://www.facebook.com/New-on-Netflix-Thailand-877188419068897/

The licensing of entertainment properties which Netflix may not "own" outright (or even produce) can be very, very complex. When you factor in global rights by region and country, the issues expand greatly. Netflix may own the rights in the U.S., but not in Thailand, pretty simple to understand actually. This is just one reason why they have to manage people who are violating the terms and conditions (VPN, DNS proxy) of their service contract.

Netflix also has to manage their content distribution infrastructure to insure acceptable quality levels to their expanded global customer base.

It obviously takes time to create subtitles (do they dub?) for all their content; hopefully this creates some jobs for people?

Netflix/TH has to adhere to the arcane local censorship "regulations".

I doubt that it's a matter of a corporation "liking" a country, or that anyone thinks people are "dumb"?

Edited by mtls2005

• 2 weeks later...

When my free VPN got blocked by Netflix and I had nothing to do on weekend. I discuss the VPN blockade problem with VPN security experts who evaluates VPNs before suggesting others. They explained the whole situation about Netflix and share a helpful advice regarding buffered as the best VPN for Netflix. I would say to the Netflix lovers that you must take the assistance of someone who has a core knowledge of VPN provider.

See how Thomas Fox-Brewster Forbes staff member is explaining The Netflix VPN Ban Can Be Bypassed.

• 4 weeks later...

Recent reports on Netflix indicate that they are spending billions of US$ on producing original content, and reducing the number of other show available to help pay for that. This is good news for Thailand because I expect we will automatically receive all Netflix content.

A test was Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror, the latest series of which was released as a Netflix production. It was released in Thailand, and from day one there were accurate Thai subtitles available.

5 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

Problem is Netflix doesn't work on a lot of Andriod (Kodi) TV boxes, much to my annoyance last night! Also Netflix don't give 2 hoots about it either!

Are you saying the Netflix app doesnt work ?

Got Netflix on an Android TV box as well as Kodi plus several phones and tables aksi run the app. No issues. Living room TV has the box directly connected and the bedroom TVs have a chrome cast so can watch Netflix everywhere no issues.

If you are have trouble with the Netflix app, clear cache and try again. Otherwise try it from a browser instead.

On 9/19/2016 at 7:05 PM, bkkmick said:

Don't be scared. They both offer a free trial. Take a look for yourself.

I haven't tried Netflix in Thailand, but have had Iflix for a few months now and I find the service excellent and their offer is quite rich.

I have Netflix here. don't know about the other. I have more than enough to watch. Don't care about VPN to the states. I am happy.with it and it is cheap.

All English programs and no Thai language. Now I don't have to listen to the retarted Thai soaps the Tgf likes.

Use chromecast on the tv's. Very happy with it.

I have used Iflix (but not Netflix). It was good value for a few months. After that, I found a lack of quality movies being  added - despite their frequent emails to the contrary. I'm not a fan of TV series but they did seen to offer a wide selection.

So, if you chose to try Iflix, I strongly recommend you pay monthly (was only 100B) not annually.

I only have experience with Netflix Thailand version. Plenty to watch but hardly any recent movies, I mean most movies are OLD, not in the last decade. Plenty of old TV and the Netflix original stuff. Overall not even a close comparison to what Netflix is in the USA but better than nothing. I use a ROKU stick using the USB port for power.

Like many I'm moving away from True as their service has deteriorated greatly lately.

Apart from the major shutdowns related to events, they have just deleted half a dozen channels on the premise that the suppliers don't distribute them in Asia anymore. I think it's probably more about cost. They currently have a "promotion" of repeats which basically means they're rebroadcasting episodes that were shown just weeks ago. Saves buying new ones I guess.

I've just started Netflix on the free trial using my Smart TV. So far I've found a fair bit of interesting TV series content, but as others have said, no recent movies. The jury is still out on whether I will stay.

if you have an android box then the app to have is mobdro, it's not in google app store so you have to download it and install it yourself. for Kodi I recommend installing Exodus add on for films and tv shows. have any of you been watching the Westworld tv series, I like it but the violence is too much sometimes and yes I know they're portraying abuse of robots but I still think it doesn't to be that graphic?.

Why can't any of you people answer the question that was asked ?   Netflix or Iflix ....    Forget Netflix , it is a pain in the neck ..  iflix is good ..  14 months for 1,000 baht ...   HD and no problems !  You'll never run out of anything to watch ..... 

Iflix may be the cat's meow, but it seems that trying to find out exactly what's available is not possible on their website without signing up for a free trial.

Call me a skeptic, but I'd like to know exactly what they have before I start down the road of giving them personal information.  Especially to an Asia based company.  That doesn't always go the way I'd expected...

20 hours ago, sloperating said:

I have used Iflix (but not Netflix). It was good value for a few months. After that, I found a lack of quality movies being  added - despite their frequent emails to the contrary. I'm not a fan of TV series but they did seen to offer a wide selection.

So, if you chose to try Iflix, I strongly recommend you pay monthly (was only 100B) not annually.

i disagree with this comment. I think there's heaps of good content and they keep adding it. 

Netflix is a quality product.

On 04/11/2016 at 8:36 AM, tattoogary said:

Why can't any of you people answer the question that was asked ?   Netflix or Iflix ....    Forget Netflix , it is a pain in the neck ..  iflix is good ..  14 months for 1,000 baht ...   HD and no problems !  You'll never run out of anything to watch ..... 

Because most of us have only got experience of one of the products, and try to help by giving our opinion of the one we are using.

Dismissing Netflix as "a pain in the neck" is not particularly constructive in helping the OP in making a decision. Oh, and Netflix has 4k...

On 03/11/2016 at 10:13 AM, bangkok blue said:

Problem is Netflix doesn't work on a lot of Andriod (Kodi) TV boxes, much to my annoyance last night! Also Netflix don't give 2 hoots about it either!

It works on the Minix 8H+ box but you won't get HD (hence I bought the Amazon Fire box).

Edited by JaseTheBass
Because I felt like it

I gonna try Netflix out when my i-net speed is sorted.

30 days free trial, nothing to loose and you can use it on 4 units (premium).

Do they air in 4k in Thailand? I am talking about Netflix Thailand and not the difficult to get; US version.