State-of-the-art Thai police patrol car - check out those cool plastic seats!

webfact

State-of-the-art Thai police patrol car - check out those cool plastic seats!

a2.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A picture of a North East police patrol car has gone viral on the internet. It features a vehicle belonging to the Ban Dung station with plastic chairs instead of normal seats in the front cab.

Online comment was rife as netizens worried about officers' safety and asked how on earth could this happen in this day and age.

But the chief of the Ban Dung station in Udon province, Piyabut Phaibun, had the answer when contacted by Thai Rath online reporters.

He said that the pictures were just a prank.

He admitted that the Mazda vehicle was theirs - it had been donated by the local authority for use in the neiborhood and was admittedly a little the worse for wear, but still functional.

However, the seats were ripped and the springs were showing so he decided to pay for reupholstering himself. While the patrol car was in for repairs the staff at the shop put the plastic chairs in, took pictures and shared them online.

A picture was later posted with the driver's seat all done while the passenger side was still being repaired before fitting.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-21

Quote : how on earth could this happen in this day and age.

Well, I guess you'd have to go to Thailand :rolleyes: But wait, i've seen some pretty hysterical vehicles in India, South American countries and (probably top of the list on that particular skill) African countries, where they'll easily make a amphibious vehicle out of two bicycles, a few old tyres and a lawn-mower (or was it a coffe grinder?) engine

Edited by Yann55

With the way that "evidence and witnesses" can suddenly materialize, I wouldn't like to be  the perpetrator of this little prank

While we all know you can kill a cop and they don't give a hoot, but they may not take kindly to attempts at making them look any less capable than they already are.

Sense of humour and RTP are not often found in the same bed

think of the weight and fuel savings over the life of the vehicle. cops dont need seat belts, who is going to fine them for not having them? i got a ride with a cop to the jomtien court house a few years ago in a beat up old cop car. the cop did not bother putting on his seat belt and mine would not work. he still asked for a tip for the ride.

1 hour ago, malcoml said:

Don't laugh....

years back I caught a bus through Cambodia and the driver was sitting on a plastic chair.

Fifteen years ago on the once-a-day train from Phnom Penh to Battambang, the bench seats for passengers weren't fastened to the floor in my carriage/car.   When the train started and stopped, everyone had to hold on to the wall or brace their feet appropriately to keep the seats from toppling forwards or backwards.  Everyone laughed and took it good-naturedly.  You gained new friends quickly on journeys like that.