Eea Family Permit & Giving Birth In Uk

Hello,

I would really appreciate some input on this issue.

I'm a Polish national and have been in the UK off and on for over 1 year. I have a National Insurance Number and registered under WRS.

My soon to be wife is Thai, she's pregnant and the baby is due in July. I will be going over see her shortly where we'll apply for EEA FAMILY PERMIT after we get married. She has been with me in the UK for the last 6 months, if it makes any difference to the whole process.

The million dollar question is whether she will be covered under NHS, specifically to give birth in England. She can give birth in Thailand but due to work related reasons I would prefer we'd be the UK at the time and about 4 months before the baby is born.

Any and all advise would ge greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If you want your child to be born in the UK, do inform your GP now so that he may make the necessary arrangements. See also The Pregnancy Book: 2006 edition and Birth to five: 2006 edition.

The NSW Multicultural Health Communication Service also provide some useful health related information in Thai for your girlfriend to read.

Edited by vinny

Thanks Scouser & Vinny.

I don't have a GP yet, due the nature of my work I tend to move quite a bit from city to city and I'm not where we'll settle before the baby will come. We should have at least 4 months before the baby is due so that's when I'll have to register with the GP.

Thanks again.