Thumbs up for Thailand once again - quick thinking airport staff save the day for British tourist

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

Am I alone in taking the ref to her looks in the tongue-in-cheek manner in which it was intended? If Billy Connelly had said it you'd all laugh!

I doubt billy Connelly would of said that. He's a comedian or didn't you know that? He's says funny things,you know jokes and stuff.  

5 hours ago, alex8912 said:

It's a good story. Nice to hear. I had money returned once and gave the guy 1000 baht.  BTW. British women are just stunning lol. 

Lol at your own sh##t pathetic comment...now that's a lol.  So all British women in the UK are 57, wear glasses,long grey hair ,prob past birthing age??  Wow Now I wish we voted remain ,we need to cancel brexit and get more immigrants to repopulate. 

5 hours ago, Monkeyrobot said:

Special operations room staff ? I now know who to call when something goes missing. Job well done.

Anyone know where it is in the airport? Might need it sometime.

Easy to forget something in a taxi if overtired or ill or in a hurry. I think I might get in the habit of always making a note of the driver's  # on the windscreen or take a photo/pretend selfie.

55 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I doubt billy Connelly would of said that. He's a comedian or didn't you know that? He's says funny things,you know jokes and stuff.  

Noted; Please enlighten the board re cap size...

Edited by evadgib

7 hours ago, SABloke said:

For? It seems thr Taxi driver was called in...he didn't return the money of his own volition. :mellow:

Maybe he didnt see the bag he could have said it wasnt in his car if he wanted to keep it. Dont be so quick to judge all people are not dishonest. She was mean could have give him a reward. 

Very nice story.

Me and a pal had a different story with Swampy.

A few years back, we left our two bags in the "secure" left baggage run at the time by Chubb. When we came back they were rifled. 

We were told that it would take two days to review the CCTV tapes as we were away for over a week.

Well they must have FF the tapes because an hour later the creep came back and said they viewed the tapes and saw nothing.

2 hours ago, Hawk said:

In the picture the taxi driver looks to be holding a thousand baht note.

Let's make all the negative posters happy by saying that she gave him all the Thai baht she had, 6x1000 baht notes, folded them over and gave him a big hug and said thank you. Before the picture was taken. Not a tip but a reward for coming back to the airport quick enough so she caught he flight.

Some sad and strange postings in response to this story. Firstly it was relatively late at night, and in my experience it was possibly a dark night. Any bags left n the back seat would maybe not have been noticed by the driver, secondly and I find his more interesting is that she was checked in WITHOUT A PASSPORT, now how can that be done ?

11 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I normally stand up for Thailand but I have to say on this occasion.....if it is considered  "quick thinking"  by the "Special Operations Room"  to have a look at the CCTV cameras....I'd hate to imagine what  "slow thinking"  looks like?

A sight quicker thinking than the cops on Koh Tao seemed to have in checking the CCTV after the murder of Hannah and David. 

professional driver ALWAYS check if nothing left behind especially airport drivers.....they help u out w. t. luggage and check backseat automatically also ask u if u have everything w. u....

if he noticed why he did not turn around ( on his way out ) and bring it back OR if he did not check and picked a new customer (thast person very likly would see that handbag ) ring up and tell airport stuff what happened.....if in hurry they would tell him to turn around they pay his new fare ( which he most likly looses ) and there he goes....

He did not show initiative to bring it back by himself ???? needed to be checked on cctv ??? so who is the hero...????sure airport stuff.....not likly the driver as he failed on his duty to check on leftbehinds....

3 hours ago, LUSHGOAT said:

Maybe he didnt see the bag he could have said it wasnt in his car if he wanted to keep it. Dont be so quick to judge all people are not dishonest. She was mean could have give him a reward. 

And you know she didn't because...

1 hour ago, DipStick said:

Some sad and strange postings in response to this story. Firstly it was relatively late at night, and in my experience it was possibly a dark night. Any bags left n the back seat would maybe not have been noticed by the driver, secondly and I find his more interesting is that she was checked in WITHOUT A PASSPORT, now how can that be done ?

Internal flight? 

12 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I normally stand up for Thailand but I have to say on this occasion.....if it is considered  "quick thinking"  by the "Special Operations Room"  to have a look at the CCTV cameras....I'd hate to imagine what  "slow thinking"  looks like?

Yes, really terrible having a positive report to read, eh?   Whatever happens find some way to knock it and you can sleep peacefully having discharged your duty of denigration.

11 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

6000baht, I hope she gave the driver 3000 and the other

3000 to the helpful staff for a party.....if she didn't something

is wrong with Her!!

Just like you would have done?  Why not suggest she donate her dollars, computer and other tech equipment, she wouldn't have needed that either?

13 minutes ago, DipStick said:

There is stupidity and idiocy,  please tell all which Emirates flights fly domestic from BKK 

Good point made in an offensive,  not to say arrogant manner.

You are in danger of coming across as an unpleasant individual. 

I always have the deepest sympathy to those who may have to endure such people. 

Edited by Bluespunk