Pattaya Beach Clean Up Begins

webfact

Pattaya Beach Clean Up Begins

Report by Pattaya One News Team

pat3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On 22nd September 2016 around Beach Road in front of Central Plaza Festival Pattaya Beach, the Office of Disease Prevention and Control, Pattaya City Health Bureau hosted the campaign to get rid of all the rats.

Mr. Sethaphol Boonsawat, chaired this event.

The officers gave away rat chemical to the umbrella and beach chair owners. This chemical is effective and can rid of rat population in a very short period, saving time.

This campaign Pattaya – Na Jomtian Rat Elimination Campaign is the last campaign in 4th quarter of 2016.

Rat is the cause of many diseases i.e. rabies, leptospirosis and officers encourage all business owners to keep their area clean, no waste and leave the waste in the provided bins.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/pattaya-beach-clean-up-begins/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-09-23

When jungle people are coming from the villages with no concept of communal living and/or proper sanitation a little education might be in order.

Thais like cartoons, which are also a good teaching aid.

Otherwise this is just another publicity stunt!

On 9/24/2016 at 1:38 PM, KenKadz said:

When jungle people are coming from the villages with no concept of communal living and/or proper sanitation a little education might be in order.

Thais like cartoons, which are also a good teaching aid.

Otherwise this is just another publicity stunt!

"Jungle people"?

If it weren't for the jungle people, none of the foreigners would come!

On 9/23/2016 at 3:25 PM, webfact said:

Rat is the cause of many diseases i.e. rabies, leptospirosis 

I'd say the soi dog problem dwarfs the rat problem. Are they not carriers of rabies, parasites and other diseases. Aren't people more likely to get rabies from a soi dog than a rat? When has anyone been attacked by a rabid rat? LOL. Dogs attack me nearly every day on the motorcycle,  but fortunately I have always been lucky to escape unbitten.

Of course if you say anything perceived as anti-dog, the dog lovers come out in full force to attack... yet dogs and rats are both animals. It's OK to kill one animal species yet not the other? Is it not animal cruelty to kill a rat with poison? You can be charged for "animal cruelty" in Thailand. Where do they draw the line?