Why did I get Tinnitus after neck massage ?

Bonobojt

I was having groin discomfort and pain in Thailand, after many urine tests, blood test and prostate exam  were all normal, I thought it could be a nerve problem, the thai doctor in bkk also thought that, a Vietnamese friend recommended me this healing massage in Hoi An, she said this woman uses herbs and herb medicine and has cured her and many other people of other problems, so I thought why not try, had to get this massage everyday for 2 weeks, it was not soft but not to painful. full body and around the neck and jaw area. On the 13th day, I go back to my room after the massage and I can hear a mild high pitched noise coming from my left ear.

1 month later now back in England, still have Tinnitus, now in both ears, the right ear started having a noise after my flight back to Europe from Bangkok. I can feel pain in my neck and back, sometimes I have pain around the ear, sometimes have headaches, also dizziness when I get up from sitting down or laying down, also noticed pain in back of my throat sometimes, muscle spasm or twitching in my neck, also a tingling or itch sensation in the ear.  Saw my GP, he looked in my ears and said my ear drums have a freckly appearance which could mean there is fluid behind the ear which should go away on its own but it takes time. he did offer me a nasal spray but I am not into drugs. 

I have been referred to a ENT. 

At the moment its mild, I can barley hear it outside, only in a quiet room and when I go to bed, white noise helps a lot, I was vegan/vegetarian for over 2 years so now I'm taking b12 supplements with other B vitamins, Probiotocs, D3 and Zinc, eating a healthy diet, no alcohol, salt and coffee. I'm a 25 year old male, thin. I just hope it will go away on its own, getting it from a massage is so unusual in the Tinnitus world, normally its from loud music, medications etc ...

• 1 month later...

Go to an ENT,  it sounds like a physical cause. Mine is loud music, it hurts, but I think I can fight it.

I never get massages in Thailand...well, only "happy endings" , at least they can't break that one!

They can damage your back also, most of them have no clue what they are doing...