Warrant issued for "Mr Big" politician's elder brother as under age sex Karaoke lounges come under the spotlight in Chiang Mai

Jonathan Fairfield

Warrant issued for "Mr Big" politician's elder brother as under age sex Karaoke lounges come under the spotlight in Chiang Mai

tna.jpg

CHIANG MAI:-- Assets worth 100 million  baht have been seized by Chiang Mai police after the arrest of 6 people looking after Karaoke establishments in the central Chiang Mai area.

Police say that many Karaoke lounges in the area are nothing more than fronts for sex and that children have been lured from parents into the sex trade. 

They have evidence of seven girls forced into sex under the age of 18.

It relates to establishments in the area of Chang Klan, Charoen Muang and Sri Don Chai roads in central Chiang Mai. 

A man called Seuppong Hena and five other who were looking after various lounges were arrested Friday.

But police are more interested in the investor who is behind the operation. An arrest warrant on three unspecified charges has been issued for Bunyasit Rungthanakiat.

The Thai press understand that he is the elder brother of a national level politician currently on the run from justice.

Two other men are also wanted on warrants - one is Suthep Singhabut who looked after the child sex workers. Another is a foreign national who was not named. They are believed to be in the Chiang Mai area.

Meanwhile 100 million baht in various assets was seized as part of the operation - this included properties, vehicles, land title deeds, bank books and land itself.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-24

8 minutes ago, Tatsujin said:

Mostly "red" affiliates being arrested from what I see, whilst the other side are installing their own people.

same old same old. was reading an article about the last general who said the 2006 coup was necessary to stop corruption however in the last 10 years it seems to have gotten considerably worse. the one about the expensive fire trucks was incredible. another coup to oust the red under the guise of doing something good for the country.  have to just accept that this is the way thailand is.

Why do the RTP always seem to give the Mr. Bigs a head start by publicly announcing the imminent issuance of arrest warrants in the media and only nab the small fry in the raids? Oh wait! It's part of their selective campaign to stamp out corruption and human-trafficking.

OH Well....I guess that is about the best the Nations police can do really.....nab the little guys while the big money guys are always seemingly immune to any real law enforcement.

Sure we read about theses power brokers being exposed for their crimes and malfeasance and corruption but seldom do any of them serve time.....

Once in awhile a big player goes down and leaves a temporary vacuum quickly filled by another opportunistic person of high rank or importance on some level.

Just have to live with that fact while living here in Thailand.

What to do...What to do?

Cheers

12 hours ago, sweatalot said:

How do you know the other side is installing their people? You Sherlock?

Don't need to be Sherlock, just read the news, look around and talk to people.

It's worth a try, works better tho when the head isn't firmly embedded in the sand and the fingers aren't stuck in ears whilst repeating "la la la la, I can't hear you".

18 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

same old same old. was reading an article about the last general who said the 2006 coup was necessary to stop corruption however in the last 10 years it seems to have gotten considerably worse. the one about the expensive fire trucks was incredible. another coup to oust the red under the guise of doing something good for the country.  have to just accept that this is the way thailand is.

Yeah, problem is, accepting/resigning oneself to something "that is what it is" means nothing ever changes ...

If you kept up with the recent news threads you wouldn't have a reason to ask that question.

I don't know, I suppose you could have written something like:

If you kept up with the recent speculation by a few, and believed by more you wouldn't want to question that speculation.

Whatever, I'm not Thai anyway but do have my own opions & questions.

17 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

I don't know, I suppose you could have written something like:

If you kept up with the recent speculation by a few, and believed by more you wouldn't want to question that speculation.

Whatever, I'm not Thai anyway but do have my own opions & questions.

You call these specualtion by a few?

1 hour ago, Anthony5 said:

You call these specualtion by a few?

Ooops, sorry, my bad.

I should have related properly between Bangkok events and Chiang Mai's Karaoke establishments.

I didn't want to be accused of turning the thread into a Red/Yellow debate about which colour is controlling underage girls in karaokes.

3 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

fighting corruption in thailand will only ever be about going after political opponents. no point getting upset about something that can not be changed.

Bit defeatist and depressing ... (corruption) "can not be changed"?

Of course it can be changed, but only once the "people" choose to change it. Until then, the corruption remains, but the players change.

1 hour ago, chrisinth said:

Ooops, sorry, my bad.

I should have related properly between Bangkok events and Chiang Mai's Karaoke establishments.

I didn't want to be accused of turning the thread into a Red/Yellow debate about which colour is controlling underage girls in karaokes.

Problem is, it is a (mostly) red/yellow debate, no matter how you look at it (although you could throw in the argument about the word that ends in "chy" too which would be equally valid).

From my viewpoint though, no matter who runs it, both are as equally bad, contemptible, thieving, corrupt, cutthroat, and despicable as the other, the lies are the same.

4 hours ago, Tatsujin said:

Bit defeatist and depressing ... (corruption) "can not be changed"?

Of course it can be changed, but only once the "people" choose to change it. Until then, the corruption remains, but the players change.

10 years of watching this system roll. have seen it go yellow red yellow. about the only consistency is the corruption. it is only the level of it that surprises me now. the polls on it seem to show that the general population seem to accept it. probably because they have never seen their country without corruption. absolute power will lead to absolute corruption and i am sure we will see it ramp up in the coming years.