English beer & sport affectionados

JaseTheBass

I've been in CM for a couple of years now and unlike Udon where it's easy to meet like-minded people, here I wouldn't know where to start.

Is there anywhere in town where I might be directed to enjoy beer and sport with other 40-something professional people. Solid working people preferred over fake lawyer/boiler room types.

Most places I've been to seem to be populated by more senior folks than me.

Great question and one that I can only really say "no" too. This town is essentially full of retirees and young "expats" (doing the English teaching and/or digital nomad) thing. There seems to be a vanishingly small number of those in their 40s and most of them seem to have kids and families aren't much for going out any more. 

If you find somewhere let me know please but I don't think you will. 

hmmmm  it is a hard one, working people, English beer and sports.

Cannot say I have ever come across a bunch of Scousers drinking cellar temperature pale ale while watching the darts final in CM.

Then again that might be the attraction of the place......

Edited by mamborobert

Great question and one that I can only really say "no" too. This town is essentially full of retirees and young "expats" (doing the English teaching and/or digital nomad) thing. There seems to be a vanishingly small number of those in their 40s and most of them seem to have kids and families aren't much for going out any more. 

If you find somewhere let me know please but I don't think you will. 

The kids and family bit makes it difficult. Single people can go out whenever so have many more opportunities to meet people. I do have another friend from Udon who now lives here and is in the same boat (except he likes bikes not sport).

I guess I'll have to brave it out until I can escape back to Udon.