Swiss approve new surveillance law

webfact

28 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Hmmm....is the cure worse than the disease? 

Lets see on the one hand we have the risk a court will allow a wiretap on my phone or review my emails and on the other hand we have terrorist events such as 9/11 and  random acts of violence in the name of Islam. 

Personally, I far prefer a law enforcement agency have access to my boring conversations about great-grandkids, fishing & hunting stories, cattle and grain prices and bowel movements. 

But to each their own.  

Yes and law enforcement watching your daughter undress through her own webcam .... that is after she comes home from the airport where they gave her a good groping.

Your faith in the intelligence services is naive. What you're saying is I don't have a problem because everything I do is innocuos. Personally, I would rather have the freedom to think whatever I like; even if it is against the current status quo. I don't want to have to worry about being PC, or being put on some watch list. Where there's a real danger, I agree.  But who will watch over the watchers. As I said before, it's a big question.

46 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Yes and law enforcement watching your daughter undress through her own webcam .... that is after she comes home from the airport where they gave her a good groping.

What the heck are you going on about now?

Did you miss the part about a court issued search warrant?

BTW, I am far more worried about one of my grand-daughters knuckleheaded boyfriends secretly recording her than I am the NSA.

Real tinfoil is hard to find nowadays...does aluminum foil work as well ?

:smile:

24 minutes ago, nausea said:

Your faith in the intelligence services is naive. What you're saying is I don't have a problem because everything I do is innocuos. Personally, I would rather have the freedom to think whatever I like; even if it is against the current status quo. I don't want to have to worry about being PC, or being put on some watch list. Where there's a real danger, I agree.  But who will watch over the watchers. As I said before, it's a big question.

Nope.

what I am saying is I hate Muslim terrorists and I figure the concept of electronic communications being a sacred and secure medium has been only a fantasy for atleast 20 years so I am not giving up anything that was not lost long ago and gaining an advantage against terrorism.

Thats a win.

GENEVA (AP) — Swiss voters granted new powers Sunday to the country's intelligence services, allowing them to track internet activity, snoop on email and tap phones to better fight spies, criminal hackers and violent extremists

Holy shihhte.

you are all confusing intelligence services with law enforcement.

the two aren't, can't and shouldn't be the same. intelligence services do not collect evidence and do not pursue issues or forward information in matters that aren't relevant for intelligence, counter-intelligence, counter-terrorism or national security.

you are all confusing intelligence services with law enforcement.

the two aren't, can't and shouldn't be the same. intelligence services do not collect evidence and do not pursue issues or forward information in matters that aren't relevant for intelligence, counter-intelligence, counter-terrorism or national security.