Cesarean At Samitivej Or Bnh? Opinions, Experiences Needed Please

rosaria2578

Hello :o

I am going to have my 1st baby in late december and am having issues figuring out which hospital to stick with. I have been going to Samitivej, and unfortunately had to have an appendectomy a month ago - there were problems. Anyhow, i am now also considering BNH. I have to have a cesarean due to health issues (and this is not because i am being told this by docotr here - it just is the way it is..). I was wondering if any of you have had a baby at either hospital and what your opinion was of the doctor as well as the nurses abilities, and so on. I am looking for advice as i am feeling overwhelmed and at a loss.

Thank you.

Are you looking to stay at Samtivej.....I'm a bit confused from the title.

If you are considering Samtivej still, then in our case, we had Dr Sankiat. From our experience, he was excellent. He comes across as a bit 'dotty' during consults (in a nice way) but on the morning of our baby's (natural) birth, at 4am he was nothing by Mr Proffessional.

Based on this, I would have no problems recommending him as I'm sure he will be as good for the C-section as well.

As for the nurses. Fantasic is the word. The level of after birth care what way beyond our expectations. They help on everything from recovery to breast feeding to general stuff like how to swaddle the baby!!.

Hope this helps.

Someone else may be able to confirm this but, from what I've been told, I think that Samitevej and Bumrungrad are the only hospitals that allow your partner to be in the room with you during the cesearean (ie - BNH doesn't allow this) so this might be something you should check out before deciding.

I am going to have my 1st baby in late december and am having issues figuring out which hospital to stick with. I have been going to Samitivej, and unfortunately had to have an appendectomy a month ago - there were problems. Anyhow, i am now also considering BNH. I have to have a cesarean due to health issues (and this is not because i am being told this by docotr here - it just is the way it is..). I was wondering if any of you have had a baby at either hospital and what your opinion was of the doctor as well as the nurses abilities, and so on. I am looking for advice as i am feeling overwhelmed and at a loss.

Thank you.

We had our baby at Samitivej, cesarean. It went OK and the bill was 120K baht.

Every cotton butt was charged for. I think it was a deliberate rip-off, including the cesarean itself. But, you don't argue with them in that situation and they easily trippled the charge for 10 minutes work.

True, safety, cleanliness, staff competence were OK. Although it is a routine task for all hospitals in the world.

I posted about that 2-3 months ago, not too many threads here. Maybe in Health section.

As my Thai colleague said, Bumrungrad and Samitivej are money printing factories designed to earn a lot from foreigners, their doctors have better English than average, Starbucks on the flashy premisses and little else when it comes to the real substance.

He (his wife), who has 100% health coverage as us and does not have to worry about the cost, went to Phaya Thai hospital.

Edited by think_too_mut

Of the six friends who have delivered at Samitivej, three have had sections by Dr Sankiat. He is a very nice man ( a tad odd looking), but a skilled practitioner. All six had recommended him to each other. No experience of BNH for obstetrics, sorry.

My wife had a ceasarian at BNH 1year 4 months ago by Dr. Wiwat Chinpilas. I was there and I certainly wouldn't have attempted it myself. Seriously, my wife was very happy with BNH in all aspects. BNH and Samitivej are, of course, owned by the same parent company. We continue to take our toddler there for routine appts. and vaccinations. VERY satified...

We had our baby at Samitivej, cesarean. It went OK and the bill was 120K baht.

Every cotton butt was charged for. I think it was a deliberate rip-off, including the cesarean itself. But, you don't argue with them in that situation and they easily trippled the charge for 10 minutes work.

True, safety, cleanliness, staff competence were OK. Although it is a routine task for all hospitals in the world.

I posted about that 2-3 months ago, not too many threads here. Maybe in Health section.

As my Thai colleague said, Bumrungrad and Samitivej are money printing factories designed to earn a lot from foreigners, their doctors have better English than average, Starbucks on the flashy premisses and little else when it comes to the real substance.

He (his wife), who has 100% health coverage as us and does not have to worry about the cost, went to Phaya Thai hospital.

Phaya Thai is Ok. many friends (not cheap charlies, no) did at Chula Hospital. we had at Rama9

Never ever go to Bamr and Sam'j - they are well known rip offs

also nice is Paolo Mem Hosp at Pahonyotin

Thank you for all the your answers so far. i have been seeing dr. sankiat up to this point - but as i mentioned, i had an appendectomy last month and was surprised at a lot of things that happened during my stay that should not have - reviewing my records i found things out that i had not been told (my uterus was nicked in surgery among other thing) - not that this has anything to do with sankiat - it was another surgeon - however there were things with the nursing care as well. and i am not saying that this only happens here - i am just trying to find a good fit for my current situation and would be doing so wherever i wass living. at bnh i started to see dr. vorachai - anybody have any experience with him? sankiat has his ways and sometimes does not seem as up to date on medicine that he tries to prescribe (i check everything i am given - again no matter where i am - and a lot of times the meds are not ok to take during pregnancy...things like that. or contradictory info from appointment to appointment). If you have had a cesarean at either, were you able to have the baby placed on you for a bit before they took him/her away?

Again, thank you for input - i am really trying to figure out what would be best.

Thank you for all the your answers so far. i have been seeing dr. sankiat up to this point - but as i mentioned, i had an appendectomy last month and was surprised at a lot of things that happened during my stay that should not have - reviewing my records i found things out that i had not been told (my uterus was nicked in surgery among other thing) - not that this has anything to do with sankiat - it was another surgeon - however there were things with the nursing care as well. and i am not saying that this only happens here - i am just trying to find a good fit for my current situation and would be doing so wherever i wass living. at bnh i started to see dr. vorachai - anybody have any experience with him? sankiat has his ways and sometimes does not seem as up to date on medicine that he tries to prescribe (i check everything i am given - again no matter where i am - and a lot of times the meds are not ok to take during pregnancy...things like that. or contradictory info from appointment to appointment). If you have had a cesarean at either, were you able to have the baby placed on you for a bit before they took him/her away?

Again, thank you for input - i am really trying to figure out what would be best.

Experience at BNH. My wife was able to hold the baby for a bit before they whisked him away to the nursery while they put her back together. I was able to be in the surgery room for the entire proceedure. They brought the baby into my wife's recovery room a lot for the next few days. The rooms were large and 1st class, the service wonderful! You are doing the right thing by asking around...

Thank you.

hi im going to be having my first baby too this dec and will have c section too. Iv been going to kasamraed hospital in bangsue , the father can be in the delivery room if they want to . I have a lovely doctor and the fees are lower than bnh and samtivej ,have a private spacios room too. but i t depends which area you are living in i guess ,this suits me as its not so far from my home . louise good luck and im sure it will be fine.