BABY IN THE CAR!

geronimo

I was driving behind a cute little Nissan the other day, and happened to notice this huge yellow octangular sticker on its back window that said "BABY IN CAR". I thought for a second ...... Baby in car ....... OK, so ........ Is this information intended to make me take more care than I already do? I take the utmost care not make contact with any other vehicle on the road as it is, and a sign telling me what's inside a car isn't going to make one iota of difference to my attention levels.  Perhaps I am missing the point, and should entertain the toddler as I pass, with a clown nose and bright balls!

Could always set a new trend   "Boring old fart in car", or perhaps, "Really nice guy who is looking for a partner in life in car".

The mind boggles, I see a new enterprise coming on........

Wow let me be the first to welcome you to the new millennium.  So youve just for the first time seen something that has been in circulation for over 30 years, congratulations. Maybe after you have seen a few more you may be able to discern the purpose for which they were created. Good luck.  Cheers 

these have been around for many years now supposedly to make other drivers aware  and possibly be a bit more careful but any good driver already does  that without having to see these signs. What I find totally ludicrous is when you see the cars with these signs driving like idiots, maybe the sign should simply be in front of the driver on the dashboard where the one who is actually responsible for the baby can see it themselves and take due care.

Edited by seajae

5 hours ago, starky said:

Wow let me be the first to welcome you to the new millennium.  So youve just for the first time seen something that has been in circulation for over 30 years, congratulations. Maybe after you have seen a few more you may be able to discern the purpose for which they were created. Good luck.  Cheers 

His OP is a comment that has been around for years also, almost word for word.   Clarkson made the same "observation" in one of his columns ages ago.    It's not original and without a doubt he wasn't prompted to start the thread by a recent sighting.

Edited by gdgbb

i put a sign like that on the back window of our cars - some 25 years ago - to alert following drivers that i might have to be un - observant for moments to re - insert dummies, deal with vomit or, later, settle sibling disputes.

i see the baby sign displayed on the car in front of me and i will add another 10m to my safety distance.

The Ops suggestion to start a new trend "Boring old fart in car" seems right up his street !!... 

----------

Of course, the answer to the question is two fold... 

- New parents think its cute, like the excitement and probably have received the sticker as a gift. 

- It does serve as some form of warning to others to take a little extra caution (OK, the Op doesn't but others might).

occasionally when i see a car moving really slowly or weirdly...

i tend to give a little more patience if i see a disabled or baby in car sticker...

so maybe that's what it's for?

when i have a kid.. i will put it on.. just for kicks i guess?

or make me seem more of a 'family' guy.... 

pity from coppers? or others? really not sure.

come to think of it.. if a bunch of <deleted> were going around smashing or thinking of breaking stuff.. maybe they would think twice?

honestly i doubt it makes a big difference.

Edited by RT85