Blind Beggar Jomtien Closed

CharlesDavid

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A real shame... the Winchester Club/ Gun Club/ Rifle Club/ Winnie/ Blind Beggar has been a favourite watering hole of many for several years.

The road works on Soi Wat Boon really stuffed up business for a long time... the place never really recovered.

Sadly the place lost it's stamina when the previous owner left the business. Never has been the same!

Sundays with the free food the place used to be packed, standing room only!!!

Proves once again if you buy a place, you do not buy the customers...

The OP who wanted advice on opening a bar in Patters should be referred to this thread. When it was the Winchester, the owner gave out a little and received a great deal of custom in return. Good mantra for anyone thinking of starting up in the trade, a little generosity to loyal customers goes a long way.

The OP who wanted advice on opening a bar in Patters should be referred to this thread. When it was the Winchester, the owner gave out a little and received a great deal of custom in return. Good mantra for anyone thinking of starting up in the trade, a little generosity to loyal customers goes a long way.

I don't find most expats to be "loyal customers".

Most of them seem to be looking for the bargain of the moment and everything else be dam*ed.

I find it better to concentrate on luring free-spending tourists into the store and hope that expats will make up the slack. :o

The location is absolutely terrible. Even die hard bargain seeking expats are not willing to walk from the baht bus route along beach road to the bar. Other than the Sunday free buffet, there is really not much there to attract steady hard drinkers. The prices are no bargain and the girls certainly leave a lot to be desired. I used to frequent the place because it was convenient for me and it was the nearest farang bar from where I lived.

I too heard that the police told him to close because of local elections but found it strange that the Blind Beggar was the only bar closed.

As all of us have heard before it's location, location, location especially for tourist trade.

And the Mermaid round the lake.

Get yourselves out to Bang Chang for a day/night out, the strip there was good fun last visit a year ago, and I hear a few new attractions in the offing, planning a road trip there myself. (I have been living in Issan now for the last 4 years, and enjoying it, 10 years of Pattaya was enough for me! )

Tap Dam

Get yourselves out to Bang Chang for a day/night out, the strip there was good fun last visit a year ago, and I hear a few new attractions in the offing, planning a road trip there myself. (I have been living in Issan now for the last 4 years, and enjoying it, 10 years of Pattaya was enough for me! )

Tap Dam

Where exactly in Bang Chang is "the strip"? I pass through Bang Chang twice a week on the way to and from work and would like to check out the bars there.

It's very naughty!

Turn left at the lights by the motorcycle shop if coming from Pattaya, and you'll find a row of bars on the left about 400 meters up the road.

It's not what you'd call a high-class set-up, but I hear it's great fun!

There's a Scottish-run bar in the middle does a buffet etc if you feel the need for sustenance after your exertions

Tap Dam

Where exactly in Bang Chang is "the strip"? I pass through Bang Chang twice a week on the way to and from work and would like to check out the bars there.

N 12 deg 56.985

E 100 deg 56.365

Accurate to within a few mtrs. You might need a GPS though. :o

It's very naughty!

Turn left at the lights by the motorcycle shop if coming from Pattaya, and you'll find a row of bars on the left about 400 meters up the road.

There's a Scottish-run bar in the middle does a buffet etc if you feel the need for sustenance after your exertions

McAllisters and the Camel Pub are probably the only safe ones... you'd run a high probability of getting molested if you went into any of the others... :o

Anyway... back on topic... any updates on the BB?

:D

It's very naughty!

Thanks for the info. I made a visit this afternoon and it was well worth the trip out.