THAI POLITICS: Preecha revelations are eroding public faith in his brother

webfact

BURNING ISSUE

Preecha revelations are eroding public faith in his brother

Attayuth Bootsripoom
The Nation

30296440-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Critics of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha seem to have found a weakness - his younger brother, Defence Ministry permanent secretary General Preecha Chan-o-cha. Preecha and his family are being accused of nepotism, conflicts of interest and “unusually high wealth” after a series of controversial revelations.

They began when Preecha, ordered to reveal his assets as part of a post-coup drive for transparency, was found to have more than Bt80 million in the bank. His explanation was that he was holding the money on behalf of the military. Then, earlier this year he signed an order that landed his son with a well-paid position as a military officer. The son did not graduate from a military college.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Preecha-revelations-are-eroding-public-faith-in-hi-30296440.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-29

Erosion of public faith ? Haven't opinion polls proved and will continue to prove just how popular he is.

With the military and Art 44 he can afford a ' so what ' ' attitude as the elite, hiso etc don't care what anyone ' beneath' them thinks .

23 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Erosion of public faith ? Haven't opinion polls proved and will continue to prove just how popular he is.

With the military and Art 44 he can afford a ' so what ' ' attitude as the elite, hiso etc don't care what anyone ' beneath' them thinks .

There's concern his approval rating may slip below 99%

3 minutes ago, digibum said:

There's concern his approval rating may slip below 99%

Oh no, please it's too early in the morning for distressing news.

How can I face the day with my usual cheery disposition ? 

Edited by NongKhaiKid

Prayuth and his team should jail his brother and nephew right away. That would restore some confidence. Putting them in a cage on the corner at MBK would probably keep him and his other uncorrupt members in office until 2036. That's his new dream I believe.

Money is flowing back into the armed forces. The Generals will be clawing this money back. Sounds like the nephew is running his business from the back of an old pick-up which is the prime asset of the company winning 100 million baht contracts? The wife presided over a 8,000 baht dyke, but cost her entourage 500,000 baht an hour to go there and come back. If that is not sticking it up u, don't know what is. :stoner:

This Preecha guy epitomizes the corrupt bona fide dinosaur to a tee. He is seemingly so used to just getting to do what he wants, safe in the knowledge that his rank and connections entitle him to do so. His excuses he puts forth when social media is able to bring dirt up about him are real dear in the headlights stuff.

It would be quite comical really, but actually its pathetic because people have no recourse to question such ridiculous lies. I guess the only silver lining is that its giving his equally vile sibling a headache

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Oh no, please it's too early in the morning for distressing news.

How can I face the day with my usual cheery disposition ? 

Oh for goodness sake - be positive man!

There's plenty of good news out there to put a smile on your face.

A massive jump in Chinese tourists, Chula  University is to become an innovation hub, the body in the freezer is not French,  and no doubt some Taxi 

driver will soon return a small fortune to an absent minded farang.

:smile:

"was found to have more than Bt80 million in the bank. His explanation was that he was holding the money on behalf of the military"

OK, so he is a banker also, did the military got the Bt80 million back from him now or is he still "holding" the money for them?

Edited by HiSoLowSoNoSo

2 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

"was found to have more than Bt80 million in the bank. His explanation was that he was holding the money on behalf of the military"

OK, so he is a banker also, did the military got the Bt80 million back from him now or is he still "holding" the money for them?

Gone to his son who got a contract

They're all the same ... put someone in a position where he , or she , can control some public money , and a good percentage of this will end up in their own , or a family members , pocket .

Thats how it goes , and how it has alwyas been ...part of the culture ...

the pm has no option but to follow this through, he is pushing the fact he is against corruption and this looks very much like it. Family or not, if they are guilty of corrupt practices they must be charged, there is no other way around it, if they are not then this will show the people that this pm is no better than thaksin. To not follow through now  will make everything that has been done and is being done look to be set up only, time to see just how honest this govt can actually be.

3 hours ago, JAG said:

Oh for goodness sake - be positive man!

There's plenty of good news out there to put a smile on your face.

A massive jump in Chinese tourists, Chula  University is to become an innovation hub, the body in the freezer is not French,  and no doubt some Taxi 

driver will soon return a small fortune to an absent minded farang.

:smile:

Thank you for your kind words of comfort and I've recovered enough to type.

Please understand that for me any thought that anyone doesn't believe in or trust OGL ( Our Glorious Leader ) is just too much to take,

I demand a new opinion poll  be conducted immediately by a totally independent and trustworthy organisation such as Thai Researchers for Community Happiness to put everyone's mind at rest. It's not a major task and the results can be available within the next 5 minutes.

2 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Thank you for your kind words of comfort and I've recovered enough to type.

Please understand that for me any thought that anyone doesn't believe in or trust OGL ( Our Glorious Leader ) is just too much to take,

I demand a new opinion poll  be conducted immediately by a totally independent and trustworthy organisation such as Thai Researchers for Community Happiness to put everyone's mind at rest. It's not a major task and the results can be available within the next 5 minutes.

Right...., well if it"s a rapid response that you require (and I quite understand the urgency), I think 5 minutes may be a little bit of a tall order.

Could I suggest you try TAT - they're generally good at instant statistics to prove whatever is required to be proven.

Terms over - far too much time on my hands, no doubt I will soon be driven outside to do something useful in the garden....

They're all the same ... put someone in a position where he , or she , can control some public money , and a good percentage of this will end up in their own , or a family members , pocket .

Thats how it goes , and how it has alwyas been ...part of the culture ...
Especially where there are no checks and balances, and the judiciary is a in the pocket of which ever elitist group is running the country. As Stallone once so eloquently said, I am the law!

6 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Any remotely competent journalist would be asking the question "why are you holding 80,000,000 bht of the militaries own money in your personal bank account?"

And will you be paying interest on this "loan"  :sad:

19 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Any remotely competent journalist would be asking the question "why are you holding 80,000,000 bht of the militaries own money in your personal bank account?"

I reckon most are but just not publicly as it has been made clear that jounalists asking these types of questions stand to be 44'd, AA'd or just disappeared. 

2 hours ago, jerojero said:

Haha..... Holding money for the military in his PRIVATE bank account. Simply hilarious! You can't make this up!

The nonsense these people come up with - heard this kind of childish rubbish many times.

They take the public to be complete imbeciles.

Mind boggling. And these people are in charge !!

"Pathompong's firm was found to be small - operating with equipment worth less than Bt47,000 plus a pickup truck valued at Bt300,000 - yet it had won military contracts worth over Bt100 million."

Not really presenting the assets and financial guarantee for such contracts. Oooops I forget the financial guarantee from his family :).

4 hours ago, seajae said:

the pm has no option but to follow this through, he is pushing the fact he is against corruption and this looks very much like it. Family or not, if they are guilty of corrupt practices they must be charged, there is no other way around it, if they are not then this will show the people that this pm is no better than thaksin. To not follow through now  will make everything that has been done and is being done look to be set up only, time to see just how honest this govt can actually be.

This ranks as just about the most nieve post I have ever read.

4 hours ago, seajae said:

The PM has no option but to follow this through ?

You clearly have a lot to learn Grasshopper.

Preecha revelations are eroding public faith in his brother

Anyone who had to wait for Preecha's string of hits to find themselves with eroding faith in the bigger picture is already seriously eroded.

The only difference in his case is that his antics, for some reason, have managed to find their way into the public spotlight. Whereas most of what his brethren are up to, tends to be known and suspected, but rarely gets publicly documented.

In the bigger scheme of things, he's probably a noteworthy catch, but nowhere near the top of the pile when it comes to Thai top public official "industriousness."