Niger men caught at Suvarnabhumi with 568 credit cards tell cops: We're just shopping for our relatives!

webfact

Niger men caught at Swampy with 568 credit cards tell cops: We're just shopping for our relatives!

am5.jpg

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Police arrested three men from Niger on Tuesday who arrived on two separate flights from China with a total of 568 fake credit cards.

Arrested were Yahaya Mahamadu Sala, 24, Maman Malam Apdu, 55, and Haliro Abdul Cardre, 44 all from Niger, reported Daily News.

Police had laid in wait in the customs area of Suvarnabhumi airport after a tip off from Guangzhou that people were coming in with fake cards.

Yahaya was arrested first in the "Green Lane" with 269 cards in a bag that was X-rayed. Then the two others were caught with 299 more.

Police said that the cards all had microchips that contained data of other people.

The men denied they were doing anything wrong. They said that they had come to Thailand to buy things for their many relatives.

Police booked them and detained them for prosecution.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-29

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

Too many criminals coming from Nigeria to Thailand....I assume they have to apply for a visa and go through Immigration.  It's time to be more vigilant.

"Police arrested three men from Niger on Tuesday"

Niger, officially the Republic of Niger, is a landlocked country in Western Africa, named after the Niger River. 

Nigeria, an African country on the Gulf of Guinea, 

24 minutes ago, gchurch259 said:

I do not understand why Thailand allows some these African Countries citizens to enter The Kingdom to start with !!

I am not Racism, I am an 81 year ole realist !

For the same reason they allow people from Western countries to start with.

Most come here for legitimate reasons.

That doesn't change just because your average dim-witted farang with a misplaced sense of superiority can't get his head around it.

28 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

Too many criminals coming from Nigeria to Thailand....I assume they have to apply for a visa and go through Immigration.  It's time to be more vigilant.

Well I may think that there are too many Guatemalans coming to Thailand.  But the story is not about Guatemala,  Or Nigeria.

28 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

Ah typical ignorance from the supposedly educated farang

Niger and Nigeria are two different countries

26 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

For the same reason they allow people from Western countries to start with.

Most come here for legitimate reasons.

That doesn't change just because your average dim-witted farang with a misplaced sense of superiority can't get his head around it.

Reply of the week .Thank you !

1 hour ago, Searat7 said:

There are geography books for dummies lol

Niger is not Nigeria.  Two different countries.