Where to watch NRL Grand final in Ubon

ib1b4

Ask Rattana (the real boss at N-Joy) and I'm sure she will make sure they show it for you. I'll PM you her phone number. She's good with English as you know.

I'm sure they would be showing it, even though Louis has sadly passed on. Make sure you post the answer and the time of the final - you may get other ozzies

On on IB!

Probably the only quality transmission (infrequent storm/sun signal outages excepted) will be True Visions True Sport HD4 channel 669 (I checked - the on-screen programme guide shows NRL 2016 Storm v Sharks programmed from 2:30pm to 6:30pm).

TrueV HD4 channel shows on TrueV's Platinum, Gold, Super Family and Super Sports packages. The only 'hostelry' (hotel or bar) I know in Ubon that carries the premium True packages is the Fenneman family's Outside Inn. But I don't recall them having a bar screen and normally they (certainly used to) close the restaurant/bar area in the sleepy afternoon hours anyway - but Brent would consider opening up for a special group activity (he always accommodates us on the Hash). That would mean paying for one of their premium rooms at about 800 baht a night unless there is a bar premium-connected screen, which defeats the object of group watching, unless others sign up to share the in-room experience. Also you would be replacing quality N-Joy roasts with quality Mexican (or other quality falang/Thai food).

I'm sure you would welcome other Ubon Aussies kicking in their two pennyworth.

You would be welcome to watch it on TrueV at my home in amphur Kantharalak (I'm more of a union code man myself, despite my UK Yorkshire roots where the 13-man game is popular, but would be easily persuadable to watch a milestone game!). But that's a fair way from Yaso and all my aussie friends/acquaintances down here (two of whom are mad keen on NRL) are probably gonna want to watch it from a bar stool - on a lower quality IPTV feed at 'Black Dog' bar in meuang Khantaralak. I will check that out later today (a Swiss friend owes me a beer consequent on Arsenal beating Basel this week in the round-ball game!) and maybe mosey on down there myself on Sunday - the food's pretty OK, but not quite up to the N-Joy/Outside Inn standard; now has a new pool table too (not full size).

[Outside Inn is the only hostelry in Ubon that does full justice to quality television for expats in my (well informed through 8 years of monthly stays in a wide range of hotels) experience - but happy to be told otherwise by others!].

No advertorials intended here. N-Joy, Outside Inn, Wrong Way (and in Lower Sisaket, Khantaralak's Black Dog and Pizza-4U) are all enjoyable venues in my book!

44 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Probably the only quality transmission (infrequent storm/sun signal outages excepted) will be True Visions True Sport HD4 channel 669 (I checked - the on-screen programme guide shows NRL 2016 Storm v Sharks programmed from 2:30pm to 6:30pm).

TrueV HD4 channel shows on TrueV's Platinum, Gold, Super Family and Super Sports packages. The only 'hostelry' (hotel or bar) I know in Ubon that carries the premium True packages is the Fenneman family's Outside Inn. But I don't recall them having a bar screen and normally they (certainly used to) close the restaurant/bar area in the sleepy afternoon hours anyway - but Brent would consider opening up for a special group activity (he always accommodates us on the Hash). That would mean paying for one of their premium rooms at about 800 baht a night unless there is a bar premium-connected screen, which defeats the object of group watching, unless others sign up to share the in-room experience. Also you would be replacing quality N-Joy roasts with quality Mexican (or other quality falang/Thai food).

I'm sure you would welcome other Ubon Aussies kicking in their two pennyworth.

You would be welcome to watch it on TrueV at my home in amphur Kantharalak (I'm more of a union code man myself, despite my UK Yorkshire roots where the 13-man game is popular, but would be easily persuadable to watch a milestone game!). But that's a fair way from Yaso and all my aussie friends/acquaintances down here (two of whom are mad keen on NRL) are probably gonna want to watch it from a bar stool - on a lower quality IPTV feed at 'Black Dog' bar in meuang Khantaralak. I will check that out later today (a Swiss friend owes me a beer consequent on Arsenal beating Basel this week in the round-ball game!) and maybe mosey on down there myself on Sunday - the food's pretty OK, but not quite up to the N-Joy/Outside Inn standard; now has a new pool table too (not full size).

[Outside Inn is the only hostelry in Ubon that does full justice to quality television for expats in my (well informed through 8 years of monthly stays in a wide range of hotels) experience - but happy to be told otherwise by others!].

No advertorials intended here. N-Joy, Outside Inn, Wrong Way (and in Lower Sisaket, Khantaralak's Black Dog and Pizza-4U) are all enjoyable venues in my book!

If you guys decide to gather up somewhere, please let me know and I might join you!  :burp:

On on

OK. Mick (Ozzy) and at least couple of his Oz mates will be watching it in Kantharalak's Black Dog bar, accessing Setanta through the bar's ILikeHDTV internet protocol. He says the quality is good and he's a bit of an IPTV geek, so he can also connect (as he has done before there via his own mobile or mini PC which have a couple of other internet protocol providers set-up.

So we can either meet up there (you can stay at my place Sun night if you need IB) or in Ubon - happy to come up and take chances at N-Joy. I must say I was not impressed with the quality of a similar link-up that Jason helped Rattana set-up for a big football match a couple of hashes ago, but maybe another geek is there who can find a better IPTV link. If you decide on the Ubon option I may book a room at Outside Inn as back-up to inferior quality (2 premium rooms still showing as available as I write).

Your call ibi - as you are the one with the main object of watching the match and I suspect having some Ozzy's around is a big consideration. Pity not much other interest shown form your compatriots in Ubon yet.

8 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

OK. Mick (Ozzy) and at least couple of his Oz mates will be watching it in Kantharalak's Black Dog bar, accessing Setanta through the bar's ILikeHDTV internet protocol. He says the quality is good and he's a bit of an IPTV geek, so he can also connect (as he has done before there via his own mobile or mini PC which have a couple of other internet protocol providers set-up.

So we can either meet up there (you can stay at my place Sun night if you need IB) or in Ubon - happy to come up and take chances at N-Joy. I must say I was not impressed with the quality of a similar link-up that Jason helped Rattana set-up for a big football match a couple of hashes ago, but maybe another geek is there who can find a better IPTV link. If you decide on the Ubon option I may book a room at Outside Inn as back-up to inferior quality (2 premium rooms still showing as available as I write).

Your call ibi - as you are the one with the main object of watching the match and I suspect having some Ozzy's around is a big consideration. Pity not much other interest shown form your compatriots in Ubon yet.

Thanks for all info supplied Steve. I and an aussie friend  will try the n-joy  ,  get there early and see if we can get the picture quality sorted.  If that works all is fine if it turns out to be a failure it's no problem at least we will get a decent feed, (food) then weigh other options.