Pattaya Motorbike Taxis New Regulations

webfact

Pattaya Motorbike Taxis New Regulations

Report by Pattaya One News Team

pat4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 3pm, on the afternoon of September 28, Pattaya administration officers visited six location around the city to enforce seven strict new measures for Public Transport Motorcycle Taxis.

If any of these seven new rules are broken taxi drivers will be fined in the future. These include keeping rest areas tidy and free of litter.

The seven new rules are:

1. fares and charges must be clearly displayed.
2. Drivers must not rest or wait in a way that causes a street obstruction.
3. No drinking whilst operating taxi.
4. No gambling whilst waiting for customers
5. No yelling or clapping for customers attention.
6. Carrying of ID cards at all times.
7. No over-charging passengers

There was no mention made of the condition or road worthiness of their motorbikes.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/pattaya-motorbike-taxis-new-regulations/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-09-29

6 hours ago, BrainLife said:

They should have the list of charges/fares printed on the back of their taxi vests.

Never seen a list with fares at any MB-pickup area

Plenty of places showing "fare" prices,unfortunately they are in thai only.............:sad:

Why only Pattaya?

These rules should apply to Bangkok too.

The guys near me overcharge me (They told me that I am farang, I must pay double)

The often drink alcohol. A thai lady has set up a small stall and sells alcohol right next to their stand.

Just another power game between military and bib.

Most if not all taxi stands are "supervised" or exist through the power of the bib.

That's most probably the reason that a lot of mb taxis drivers are driving like lunatics without helmets, simply because their *sses are covered by their bosses.

Rule number 5 should also be extended to baht buses. Nothing worse than driving down the road when a slow baht bus in continually honking its horn trying to attract customers.

I sometimes wonder at the intelligence of these taxi drivers. Do they really think that clapping, shouting, waving hands or honking horns is going to make someone who does NOT want a taxi suddenly WANT one.

Anyone who wants a taxi will approach one or stick out their hand or shout out 'taxi' in the traditional manner .

http://www.wikihow.com/Hail-a-Cab

fares and charges must be clearly displayed ? thats a good joke,they ask what they want,if you not pay you can walk,everywhere the same in Pattaya,same like price of lottery tickets, only 80 baht, yes, even in front of Friendship they ask 90 again without problems.