Dog Walks

swbaggies

On 9/29/2016 at 7:20 PM, Goldieinkathu said:

Around Bang Wad dam in Kathu or up the road that leads to Dents Done behind the Shell garage in Kathu. Where the road stops there's a nice big lake and a few tracks to walk along.

Made a trip to Bang Wad dam yesterday and was disappointed; maybe I was at the wrong spot though.

Around the water in the dam is a 2-lane road without any possibility to walk a dog; you have to walk on the road and I spotted a few soi dogs also there. There is also limited traffic on the road without a clear line of sight (many curves) so not recommended to let your dog explore a few meters away from you as a car can pop-up around the corner any time.

No opportunities to go into the forest on a trail worth the time... every spot where I could park there was a trail of maybe 25 meters and then ended at the water... not really fun.

At the entrance we could walk around a bit but more than some grass we could not find. And every house in the distance has a group of dog around it that kept barking all the time.

Not recommended to go there in my view, although you might have had a different spot at the dam in mind when mentioning it as a nice spot to walk a dog.

@Bob12345

Sorry about that, it's been a long time since I went up there, I didn't realize they had turned it into a road :sad:. There were always the odd soi dogs up there and dogs belonging to some of the houses but I always had our dogs on a lead and carried a stick.

On 10/3/2016 at 8:26 PM, Keesters said:

Pattaya City has laws regarding dogs. One of them states

Asking at the Public health building veterinary section "how do they expect that to be done when dogs run around free all over the place?" you're told "dogs should be on a leash so the owner knows when and where the dog makes waste" This has been checked independently by at least two people.

Some years ago when Bangkok started to get a bit stricter on dogs (mandatory chipping was introduced) I read that dogs in public areas had to be leashed. There was a maximum length of leash, and the person leashed to the dog had to be between certain ages.

Other major cities will have their own bylaws. Check at your local city hall or Public health.

I'm sure those laws don't apply to Phuket, which is where we are talking about in this thread. I know there are no such laws in Rawai, which is in Muang Phuket. There used to be a sign that no dogs were allowed on Nai Harn Beach, that seems to have disappeared and the dogs were rounded up for a short time. Now they're back.

6 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

I'm sure those laws don't apply to Phuket, which is where we are talking about in this thread.

Never said they did. Somebody asked about leash laws in THAILAND and I answered about the places I knew. Additionally I suggested checking city halls and public health offices in other Thai cities. Have you bothered to do that?

Edited by Keesters

On 10/5/2016 at 8:27 PM, Keesters said:

Never said they did. Somebody asked about leash laws in THAILAND and I answered about the places I knew. Additionally I suggested checking city halls and public health offices in other Thai cities. Have you bothered to do that?

As I said in my last response, I know what the laws are around my town, but I guess you missed that part?

On 10/9/2016 at 1:56 AM, Jimi007 said:

As I said in my last response, I know what the laws are around my town, but I guess you missed that part?

Same as you missed the part about my post being parts of Thailand. perhaps we both need to read and think before posting.

• 4 weeks later...