Lexus Gx Or Land Rover V8 Hse

saraburioz

Lexus GX?? What is that??

I know of the RX and the GS but what is the GX? is it new?

I used to have a Range ROver and I would say it is the best Off roader with luxury ride quality. However My Lexus GS300 was the Best car I have ever owned. Smooth as silk and seamless gear shifts up and down.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you want to go off road, Get the Rangy. If you want life long dependency and comfort, It's a Lexus, isn't it?

Loz

I used to have a Range ROver and I would say it is the best Off roader with luxury ride quality. However My Lexus GS300 was the Best car I have ever owned. Smooth as silk and seamless gear shifts up and down.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you want to go off road, Get the Rangy. If you want life long dependency and comfort, It's a Lexus, isn't it?

Loz

The GX is the new 2007 model. I doubt if we'll be going off road - I want the Lexus, although the wife has the biggest say - she'll probably want the RR for some stupid reason.

"The Lexus GX 470 is a mid-size luxury SUV sold in North American markets by Toyota's luxury division, Lexus. The GX was introduced as a 2003 model in November 2002 as Lexus' direct answer to the BMW X5, Acura MDX, Land Rover LR3 and Porsche Cayenne. It is the US market version of the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado. The GX was released at the same time as the Infiniti FX, another of its competitors.

The 2005 Lexus GX 470 is powered by a 4.7 L, 32-valve, four-cam V8 engine with 270 hp (201 kW) at 5,400 rpm and 330 ft·lbf (447 N·m) of torque at 3,400 rpm. Currently, this is the largest engine that has ever been put into a Lexus. The vehicle is built at Lexus' Tahara plant in Japan."

In Australia, Toyota beats Range Rover when it comes to spare parts. Smash a windshield on RR and you are in for a 1200$ bill and a week at least to ship it. Toyota was at 400$ and few hours to get it.

Toyota has strong manufacturing presence in Thailand while RR does not.

Back in Oz I owned a LandCruiser 100GXL which is the same shape and size as Lexus.

Now I think that both cars are too big for BKK sois. Seen them a few times struggling in the sois around Emporium. Owners fearing the car may be scratched somethimes block the traffic and everyone has to manouver to make it clear for them.

I think nothing bigger than Toyota Hillux (Tiger Sport? whatever they call it in Thai) or similar size vehicle is how far I would go.

In Australia, Toyota beats Range Rover when it comes to spare parts. Smash a windshield on RR and you are in for a 1200$ bill and a week at least to ship it. Toyota was at 400$ and few hours to get it.

Toyota has strong manufacturing presence in Thailand while RR does not.

Back in Oz I owned a LandCruiser 100GXL which is the same shape and size as Lexus.

Now I think that both cars are too big for BKK sois. Seen them a few times struggling in the sois around Emporium. Owners fearing the car may be scratched somethimes block the traffic and everyone has to manouver to make it clear for them.

I think nothing bigger than Toyota Hillux (Tiger Sport? whatever they call it in Thai) or similar size vehicle is how far I would go.

vERY EASY ANSWER..........LEXUS OFCOURSE....THEY ONLY BREAK DOWN WHEN THE OWNER HAD TO MUT SAN THIP........

DON'T BUY A HILLUX....YOU FEEL YOU ARE SITTING ON THE FLOOR......BUT THE ENGINE IS FINE.

RR BREAKS DOWN TOO OFTEN.........

I was a passenger in a Lexus 470 last week, very nice, but really not that much nicer that my Toyota Fortuner. My guess is that a Lexus is over 4 million baht and a Fortuner 1.3 million baht. I'd get the Fortuner and use it to pull a 30 foot speedboat with two 200hp engines (1.5 million baht). The taxes on the Lexus are hideous...

Is Lexus GX available here? Land Cruiser Prado, as apparently it's known in Japan, has been imported for ages both by Toyota and independent importers like SEC Group. There are plenty of them in the second hand market, too.

Maybe you can get it with Lexus badge from SEC.

My guess is that a Lexus is over 4 million baht and a Fortuner 1.3 million baht. I'd get the Fortuner and use it to pull a 30 foot speedboat with two 200hp engines (1.5 million baht). The taxes on the Lexus are hideous

Now that's a good idea and one I'd prefer, even if we don't live near the sea.

ah ha! Thought this might be the case. the GX is a badge engineered revamp of the Landcruiser Amazon ( as was).

Put it like this. In Saudi, where price is not even a factor, the people who buy cars in this bracket almost ALWAYS go for the Toyota! it is bullet proof in terms of reliablity. The Rangy is for Hi-Sos who don't know the difference.

Toyota everytime and twice on tuesdays!

Good luck with your purchase.

How did Lexus get its name?

A bunch of Toyota execs gave up after some exhaustive brainstorming and settled with the acronym for "Luxury EXport to the US"

So now you know.

May well be true. NTT DoCoMo stands for "Do Communications via Mobile".

Toyota is my bread and butter (I loved their cars long before I have had any dealings with them), if I remember, I will ask tomorrow in a meeting with their IT staff.

One reason Rangie (IMO, undeservedly) beats or comes close to Toyota Lexus in sales is - Lexus looks like an almost half priced LandCruiser 100. Unless someone comes 3-4m close to the vehicle, they would not know what you had shelled out for her.

With the Rangie, it's apparent from any distance what one had paid for.

With luxury cars, that matters.

One little known fact: you can have the "Lexus" plate done in 18 carrat gold, extra 1200$ and nobody but you knows that.

Come on, the OP is considering Fotruner already. Range Rover - 5-7 mil, Prado - 4 mil, Fortuner 1.3 mil. No brainer.

OK, it did not start like that. Can't remember or re-read the whole thread.

If someone is thinking between Lexus and Rangie I thought the luxury (hand glued seams etc) is important.

What you said is squaring on Toyota. Good choice, whatever the price range might be.

Having owned Lexus and Rangie products happily in the past I would now buy the Fortuner. Value is everything to me these days. You'd struggle to put a better value proposition forward in that market sector today in my oppinion.