My Thai girlfriend

Superme

12 hours ago, kannot said:

I married 10 years ago never got pressure for babies or  money or  house or payments to family or a car or  bike or living in my homeland.........................where did I go wrong??????? confused of Thailand

Well said Kannot, that's me right down to the ten years together, wait? No it's eleven now.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading and can't stop laughing and can't stop wondering how many naive guys are still coming here. After 2 meeting she fell in love and wants children? Of course she does, she will get money for "child" from you for the next 18 years and not really necessary that child will be really yours and not from her "brother". They are strongly in love as long as long you have money, if you want to have a paid actress at home, then marry Thai woman, but for me relationship with Thai is an act of a total desperation and hopelesness. I feel sorry for those guys that believe in fact that useless dark pussy "full of love" worth wasted years of life. I would recommend you to open your eyes and stop being naive in your 35 years old. Thai woman at  35 already have been used by hundreds of guys and almost a lost second-hand version here, she will jump on any opportunity to get married now since she has her last years until coming in her 40ties. Do you want to be loved or be a lifebuoy?

8 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

man that made me laugh. trollin on thai visa. but seriously most of the thai girls willing to date western men see us as a job opportunity. if you like thai girls then you have a lot of options so she will try to land you as fast as possible. just keep it casual for 6 months and see if she asks for money. if she dosent then you have probably have found one of the better ones.  dont be in to much of a hurry. my girl had out 2 kids at the age of 38 and 41. probably best to avoid the marriage thing. dont buy or build a house in her name and as a general rule thais are happier in thailand. good luck. dating a thai is not easy if you are looking long term. very few thai/western relationships go past 10 years.

Oh, I've made it then, that's me eleven years.

Just now, possum1931 said:

Oh, I've made it then, that's me eleven years.

You are missing the whole point of this thread.

The OP has asked for advice on how to deal with his present situation regarding a Thai lady, and what I am saying is; give it plenty of time and not rush into anything. If the woman really likes the OP she will play it out until the OP feels confidence that there is hope for the relationship.

10 minutes ago, Nikab said:

Reading and can't stop laughing and can't stop wondering how many naive guys are still coming here. After 2 meeting she fell in love and wants children? Of course she does, she will get money for "child" from you for the next 18 years and not really necessary that child will be really yours and not from her "brother". They are strongly in love as long as long you have money, if you want to have a paid actress at home, then marry Thai woman, but for me relationship with Thai is an act of a total desperation and hopelesness. I feel sorry for those guys that believe in fact that useless dark pussy "full of love" worth wasted years of life. I would recommend you to open your eyes and stop being naive in your 35 years old. Thai woman at  35 already have been used by hundreds of guys and almost a lost second-hand version here, she will jump on any opportunity to get married now since she has her last years until coming in her 40ties. Do you want to be loved or be a lifebuoy?

How great did you put it , you are right 100% 

about time someone gets on here and tells it likes it is .

evey time I put something on here like you I get shot down , good to see there are man out there think like me , thanks .

a Thai girls doesn't necessarily have to be a bar girl, gold digger - for the same effect can still be experienced without anything being underhanded, on her part

my missus first married 23 years ago, to an Ozzie engineer on assignment in LOS.

She a simple country girl, a house maid at the old Ambassador, before the fire...

Anyhow as someone who really looked so underage, yet not - she had tons of suitors trying...

She intro'd this engineer to her Mum,

and he started his big spraying of money to Mum, family, and anyone else he thought he need to buy.

Mum was really really so sold on him, she ordered missus to marry him.

missus reckons she had no directluv for him, for at least 3 years - after she started dropping kids into the litter.

They were married 11 years of turmoil from his control-freak ways,

and it lasted until he beat her up severely, the 3rd time...

I keep now reminding her about what she went through, as he is her kids' hero, and have no idea why Mum and Dad split.

And, I keep saying to her, that her Mum should have married him.

If you do make a mistake, and pick (or be picked by the 'wrong' one), then be prepared to be strong, and be understanding of the 'thai' within her -  and simply walk away when/if your life does go rss-up

OP Superme,
You are in for a lot of though comments and warnings, starting a thread like this.

However, many a thai girl/lady dream about a farang (slang for western foreigner) boyfriend or husband, and a happy family – often the dream is slightly above realities, and disappointment appears when finally moving abroad together with the new husband. Many cases works well, but some don't and results in sometime troubled break-ups. I intend to think, that most of the happy cases are, when the couple stay together in Thailand, rather than abroad.

My best advise is: If you have a good feeling, go for it...

...But, because there is a but – and I talk from experience – listen to some of the warnings, and try to keep your feet solid on the ground and sense if warning lights also flashes for you.

Also cultural difference can complicate a Farang-Thai relationship, because you misunderstand each others intentions – and that goes both ways – so may I please recommend three important book to read:

1) Thailand Fever, which is written in both Thai and English (or German), so both you and your partner can read it. (ISBN 1-887521-48-8), see more at thailandfever.com.

2) Love Entrepeneurs by Phil Nicks, which gives you a good (and positive) understanding of the Thai women's game. (ISBN 978-981-05-9211-0), Monsoon Books.

3) Private Dancer by Stephen Leather, which is an exciting novel, but including vital true facts; "compulsory reading for all first timers". (ISBN 974-92755-3-5), Three Elephants Publications.

Wish you good luck...:smile:

i didnt read the reply of others...they probably murdered you .............................

Good point  : she is the same age 

Bad point : wedding ? seriously ? you met her twice? come on ? 

just be with her...make her pregnant if you want to ....raise your kid ...and wedding...Can come after that...in a year or two ............

like we said in thai ใจเย็นๆกับผู้หญิงไทยโอ๊ยยยยยยย"

about wedding...be careful who you asked too ......lot of guy complain about farang_thai wedding when 99% of them were married to a local woman previously and failed........ then ...tried with a thai woman and also failed....wedding is not for everyone...especially in our daily society ...... but.... love...can make you put a ring in the hand of a sweet woman without thinking much cause after all it is suppose to be a proof of love 

recently ..some crazy guys said like thai language is useless...... if you marry a woman a thai woman....and you don't speak thai ..... there is 99% chance that the wedding will fail ..... 1 % is your money ..your situation...and the country where you from where they may be able to visit after the wedding....the possibility of travelling ..... but wedding if you know 0.01 % of the thai culture......is not a good thing to do at all ........

Good luck

Well, I  did enjoy those very well written and funny responses,  no answers from me 8yrs and two bars

I have seen and heard it all before,and like us all have had many, many, tryst"s but some t/g do find love

may I add too, with the wrong Farang,doe"s happen !! I had one of my girls take 3 days off,crying,crying

felt a right Git when I deducted it from her wages.but I t hink the OP is in for for a shock when he meets 

the family, might even get one when he meets her.LOL

"Spreads the love on social media".

Craigslist has plenty spreading the love, for a small fee.

Line is a common media for students wishing to earn a little extra,spreading the love.

Where is the love

I've spread a lot of them over the years and 3 kids now for my efforts. All have good schooling, well catered for too before I hear from all the whinging hypocrites.

I've dodged a few weddings paying deposits for dowries then ran a mile (well a good few miles actually) and had to teach Snorky to stop his antics. Otherwise, could end up becoming an involuntary eunuch. I also need to stay away from Laos or could end up getting the snip and I ain't talkin' vasectomy !!!

I was unfortunate enough to be born with a genetic disorder of too many handsome genes and suffered this affliction all me life.

I've just got engaged again to a lovely girl from the hospital. Me boxing clever this time buying her a defibrillator as a present 'given that' I don't fancy my chances being brought back to life by any local next to a telephone box.

Such is life .....,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

If it all works out, good luck to you, but while admitting that some responses on here are rather cynical, it nevertheless remains an actual fact that the chances of success of the sort you want, is very unlikely.

We all realise though, that the benefits you have over most of us of being "super" and "good looking" might work in your favour.

some responses on here are rather cynical

3 years ago I would have agreed with you, but now my advice is don't, and if you must, do what I said previously.

19 hours ago, how241 said:

There is good and bad ladies everywhere. Just take it very slowly until you know her Much better...Don't buy any houses, just rent for at least 3-5 years.

Don't ever buy. That's a mugs game, IMO, and not just because the wife gets it if the marriage falls apart, but because owning something you can't move in LOS is a bad idea.

Mate, take a step back and do some serious research into Thai women, before any commitment. Plenty of it hear in this forum. I have seen too many farangs go belly up with the wrong girl. I spent 7 months visiting back and forth before I settled with my girl.

Thanks for so many replies. Didn't expect that many. I'm not desperate as some people think. I just really like that girl but there is little things that makes me worry. She is very hot for her age and she looks like she have a lot money, but she says that is not easy with jobs and everything she has is on credit. Of course she lives with a brother and his wife. She wants to come to my country and get a job. She wants a family which I understand at her age. She wants get married but I also know it's for a visa. I'm far from rich person and she knows about it. She said she wants me and family and not money. I'm not looking a young girls for fun. I'm looking for a partner in my life and I think at her age would be possible. If that was in my country then I would know what to do but because she is Thai I have so many worries. 

2 minutes ago, Superme said:

Thanks for so many replies. Didn't expect that many. I'm not desperate as some people think. I just really like that girl but there is little things that makes me worry. She is very hot for her age and she looks like she have a lot money, but she says that is not easy with jobs and everything she has is on credit. Of course she lives with a brother and his wife. She wants to come to my country and get a job. She wants a family which I understand at her age. She wants get married but I also know it's for a visa. I'm far from rich person and she knows about it. She said she wants me and family and not money. I'm not looking a young girls for fun. I'm looking for a partner in my life and I think at her age would be possible. If that was in my country then I would know what to do but because she is Thai I have so many worries. 

2 minutes ago, Superme said:

You are right to have so many worries as many posters have pointed out to you. 

No matter how real it might feel, many Thai girls are extremely eager to improve their "lot". They will say almost anything, do almost anything to attain their goals. Marriage (especially one after only 2 meetings) is often a great way to ruin a good thing. 

Like so many posters have told you, slow down, get to know her more, give it a year or two to really get to know each other. Her body will still be good for making babies at 37. 

3 minutes ago, neeray said:

You are right to have so many worries as many posters have pointed out to you. 

No matter how real it might feel, many Thai girls are extremely eager to improve their "lot". They will say almost anything, do almost anything to attain their goals. Marriage (especially one after only 2 meetings) is often a great way to ruin a good thing. 

Like so many posters have told you, slow down, get to know her more, give it a year or two to really get to know each other. Her body will still be good for making babies at 37. 

Ya and that goes for girls in Thailand too.:smile:

Ok.....you say you are not looking for young girls for fun....but want a partner in your life.

At the end of the day, that is what we all are really looking for.

If that is truly the case....then there is no rush. Take your time.....go to her village, meet her family, learn a few Thai words and phrases.....you are still young.....keep your options open.

OP going to be serious here.  Can a girl fall that fast..yes, is it normal No!.  I met a girl like that once, but I was living in Thailand. She was wanting to get married, baby all that. 

I had no real feelings for her, she was ok for a date, but not marriage.  So you are asking about her, how do you feel?  If I were you I would take it slow and see how things play out.  As others have mentioned warning signs are, I need to borrow some money to pay a bill. However since she is older she has not doubt she wont be able to find a Thai guy

so she knows she has limited opportunities at her age.  I wish you all the best!

OP going to be serious here.  Can a girl fall that fast..yes, is it normal No!.  I met a girl like that once, but I was living in Thailand. She was wanting to get married, baby all that. 

I had no real feelings for her, she was ok for a date, but not marriage.  So you are asking about her, how do you feel?  If I were you I would take it slow and see how things play out.  As others have mentioned warning signs are, I need to borrow some money to pay a bill. However since she is older she has not doubt she wont be able to find a Thai guy

so she knows she has limited opportunities at her age.  I wish you all the best!

22 hours ago, prestburypark said:

Hey  I married my Thai girlfriend 11 years ago, we had only met twice too, I took a chance and here we are 11 years later so happy it is unbelieve-it-able.

So I suggest that you start proceedings immediately to ensure that you do not make the mistake of letting her slip out of your hands, do this:

Start with a small monthly payment to help her out a little financially , maybe just 20-30,000 baht.

Buy land in her village, preferably from her family , who will ensure that no-one rips you off,  engage a builder locally and allow you soon-to-be wife to manage the design and build.

Remember that she must show face to the family and village, have a nice car, Fortuner or a  good Honda , few motorcycles, and a never-ending supply of whisky and beer.

Buy her mum 3 or 4 baht of gold, improve mum's house and get her a new motorcycle, she will hate you slightly less for it...wait happiness is just around the corner....

have children , at 35 she has had practise at this and there will be on or two to support from her previous life, hell, thats fine, have some more. Job done,

you are now officially happy with one of the best girls in the world you could possibly imagine, you must not forget the amazing wedding party in the village with the Lao band and dancing girls, free booze for the village and Sin -Sod for the mum, happy trails. 

You forgot one last point  

After you do all this "You return home Broke, and her Peechai is now driving your truck, living in your house and beating your kids."

7 hours ago, Superme said:

oh please.............. its  getting  boring now