Two foreign gangs arrested stealing from shops and ATMs in Bangkok

webfact

Two foreign gangs arrested stealing from shops and ATMs in Bangkok

am3.jpg

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Police have announced the arrest of two foreign gangs in Bangkok. One case was four Chinese "skimmers" stealing from department stores with fake credit cards. 

The other, two men from Niger using stolen cards from Nigeria to get cash out of ATMs in the Nana area of Sukhumvit.

In the first case four Chinese men were arrested on Tuesday after tech and tourist police laid in wait at a hotel in Huay Kwang. 

When the gang went on the move the police moved in and arrested Wang Khun, 31, Jao Piaw Yi, 33, Ee Wia Fong, 37, and Lang Ta Kong, 28. Nine fake cards, two skimmer machines, three computer notebooks and 113,500 baht worth of yuan was taken into evidence.

The gang had ben fleecing department stores in Bangkok. All the men were charged with using fake credit cards and fraud and theft charges.

They were all detained.

The second case involved two men reportedly from Niger. Police received a tip off from Kasikorn Bank that "Nigerians were using Nigerian cards" in the Nana area of Sukhmvit.

Police caught Laouari Babale, 38, at a Kasikorn ATM in Soi 3. He had 18 ATM cards in his possession. He squealed and the police found their way to a hotel room in the area where his mate Awaisou Ibrahim, 38, was caught with 199 ATM cards and 34, 200 baht in cash.

They admitted the charges and said they had got cards from Nigeria to get cash in Thailand in the Nana area.

They were also detained Tuesday and face prosecution.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-30

9 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

So were we. The report in Thai claimed the men were from Niger, but had got the cards from Nigeria. 

One of the newspapers did make a nice distinction:" Nigereans" for people from Niger and  for people from Nigeria."Nigerians"

6 minutes ago, dddave said:

One of the newspapers did make a nice distinction:" Nigereans" for people from Niger and  for people from Nigeria."Nigerians"

Niger and Nigeria are 2 different countries, where Niger is bordering Nigeria on

it's northern borders.

in anyway, Thailand is haven for card's gangs, as hundreds of them have been

caught over the years, new one keep coming here because the old one are getting

cut loose quickly I guess.

2 hours ago, maxman71 said:

It's pretty well known that China has been investing heavily in Africa...they seem to be covering all bases quite well...

Ahhhhhh......

Buying up land on a massive scale, destroying villages, removing people, destroying wildlife is called investing?

OK!

20 minutes ago, gchurch259 said:

I can not believe I read the whole thing before breakfast, got a Geography, PC Lecture and more incomprehensible bits of data. Thanks to all !!

It is a service provided by TVF  to our more senior members just to bring them up to speed on current events and trends.;)

Please quit call them foreigners your giving us all a bad name. I know the Chinese are the majority of tourists here but call them Chinese and Nigeria skimmers the perps of this dastardly deed. Quit tarring us all with the same brush. Must of taken hours to set up that table for the photo op. 

Edited by elgordo38

6 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

So were we. The report in Thai claimed the men were from Niger, but had got the cards from Nigeria. 

Same -Same but different I suppose. It tickles me pink how us Farangs always get tarred with the same brush excusing the pun :coffee1:

6 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

OK, then the article would make sense. Can't see anything in the article that would be contradictory. The writer could've made it a little clearer though. I suppose people using Nigerian sourced cards would be assumed to be Nigerian by the informant. 

There are only a couple of hundred ATM's in the whole of Niger, so unlikely to be enough stolen credit cards there to make scamming lucrative. But dumb crooks aplenty to take the risks on stolen or cloned Nigerian credit cards ..... just mugs.