Aussie man dead in Bangkok condo - Thai boyfriend says "we argued before I left"

webfact

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit the pills strewn over the bed is much more of a red flag for foul play than the history of arguments. Why would someone do that? It sounds like it may have been staged. If someone wanted to signal a suicide they would also typically leave a NOTE. On the other hand, a person having a medical crisis would not be concerned with housekeeping and keeping the pills neat and organized.

4 hours ago, greenchair said:

Who thinks to themselves, 

"I'll just scatter some pills over the bed before I take the rest and kill myself "  would even Thai policeman  believe it .

Oh wait! !!they do. 

Rip 

Good answer, Dr. Watson. Case can be closed. 

10 hours ago, elephant45 said:

Why do these forums always degenerate into attacks on others comments? No body knows anyone who is making these comments, and people are born and die every day. Some types of leaving the planet are so common/bizarre in Thailand that we have to add in a some humor with it, or we couldn't stand to live here. I also have a lot of empathy for so many lonely divorced guys who end up getting into things types of situations, that they ultimately regret.

No one has to make humour from another's death. 

Why do these forums always degenerate into attacks on others comments? No body knows anyone who is making these comments, and people are born and die every day. Some types of leaving the planet are so common/bizarre in Thailand that we have to add in a some humor with it, or we couldn't stand to live here. I also have a lot of empathy for so many lonely divorced guys who end up getting into things types of situations, that they ultimately regret.

5 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Why rip the man comited suicide did he think about those he left behind no. 

In the old day a suicide would have there head chopped of before being buried.

who confirm the suicide? so yeah suicide ain't cool ...but sometimes....a desperate soul need rest and you can go out ...ask a thai to stabbed you to death or something ...or touch the head of a thai people and they will kill you but come on come on ....

18 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Phakhin said that he had argued with his boyfriend before he left on the trip. Security had often been called in the past with noise coming from the apartment.

Wouldn't that be enough to see his boyfriend as the possible cause of death? RIP, you went way too early.

My condolences to his family and friends. 

I am not defending anyone but to state that the boyfriend may be a possible cause of death is jumping to conclusions at this time.  However, given the  admission of having an argument and prior complaints being received owing to noise emitting from the room,  one would list him as a person of interest, nothing more, nothing less at this time.

If you have evidence that would suggest otherwise,  then please share it with firstly, the relevant authorities and then TVF so the speculation will cease.  If he is responsible then we will find out soon enough and then you can say you told us so however, until then, please stop guessing. :wai:

20 hours ago, elephant45 said:

Ok, so you go ahead and report every daily death, and all TVF members can routinely type "R.I.P." for every case and see how much sincerity is felt.

Or, you can get a grip on the reality of life, and death, and just get on with it.

Sorry, is this an attack? Don't be too sensitive.

21 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Sad story. Obviously gay by the rather stylish bed linen.

Damn, and I thought having a BOYFRIEND gave it away, now I know, must check the bed linen first, or risk insulting someone.

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

In every single foreigner death article I have read where the foreigner had some relationship with either a Thai girl or a boy, the Thai person said there was an argument.  So the foreigners all killed themselves after being heart broken?

Yes, we foreigners, are very sensitive people.

22 hours ago, mikiea said:

" your upper level thai friends "   ?  when you speak like that , use those words , it tells me how shallow  and women like you are   . time to man up when attempting to speak or address a issue  with another adult ,  rumor mongers running wild tonite ......

why does having/saying i have upper level thai friends make me shallow and womanlike?  i put more credence into what they say because of education (often abroad) and critical thinking. IMO they are more credible than getting advice - opinions from the average motorbike taxi driver.

i also get called stupid for that.

Edited by atyclb

On 30.9.2016 at 9:25 AM, williamgeorgeallen said:

why do people stay in abusive relationships? i was living with a bird in australia. one day she slapped me, i threw my stuff in my ute and was gone. second time i was living with a thai girl and she threatened to cut herself with a knife, she held it to her wrist. i left while she was asleep the same night. when things go bad leave. they are not going to get better. 

BEST ADVICE TODAY !!!!!!

On 9/30/2016 at 2:13 PM, Prbkk said:

Sad story. Obviously gay by the rather stylish bed linen.

Odd, I would have thought being male and having a live-in boyfriend would be more indicative of his sexual orientation than the stylishness of his bed linen

On 30 September 2016 at 7:01 AM, SaintLouisBlues said:

No balcony?

There is another Thai balcony story today , on the BBC website. It is about an Australian woman who fell through a hotel balcony barrier back in 2013 and the events surrounding her accident, survival, rehabilitation.

Falling for Penguin, well worth a read, a very moving story